Westerman Update

AUSportTalk

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When does the dead period start?

One dead period just ended. Another starts Jan 10th through Jan 13th. Then the last dead period is Jan 31st through Feb 3rd

http://collegefootball.about.com/od/rulesofthegame/a/rec-calendar.htm

That's what it was! Thanks for posting the link. I drew a hardcore blank.

It appears that Auburn has really, really closed the gap between them and Texas. Throughout the week in Orlando, Westerman really enjoyed spending time with other Auburn recruits. Christians parents have also warmed up to a couple Auburn commits parents as well. Things seem to be headed in the right direction for Auburn. I know for a fact that his mom really wants him to go to Auburn because she likes the coaching staff and would like to be closer to her family. The practice visit and in-home visit will go a long way with where Westerman ends up.

Outstanding news. Thanks for the update. War Eagle!

great news. there is nothing like have quality guys on the O-line. Which is a big reason Cam Newton is the Heisman.

What sign are we talking about and would a sign honestly keep him from coming to Auburn?

what he said.

Our boy, tuffy, was on National TV last night with a sign.  There is a pic around on one of the threads. 

Hahaha, good to know that angered him. I hope he comes our way, the line is the important thing to keep in my view. The rest really helps, but that offensive line being great makes everything else just so much better.

It appears that Auburn has really, really closed the gap between them and Texas. Throughout the week in Orlando, Westerman really enjoyed spending time with other Auburn recruits. Christians parents have also warmed up to a couple Auburn commits parents as well. Things seem to be headed in the right direction for Auburn. I know for a fact that his mom really wants him to go to Auburn because she likes the coaching staff and would like to be closer to her family. The practice visit and in-home visit will go a long way with where Westerman ends up.

Great to hear from you Mayor! We are praying for you!

One thing to watch out for here is whether Texas goes after Grimes to be their OL coach.  That would obviously change the situation.

After Chizik and Muschamp left, I think Jacobs finally realized he needs to mean business. I don't think any of these coaches will leave for a lateral job.

One thing to watch out for here is whether Texas goes after Grimes to be their OL coach.  That would obviously change the situation.

Well I can pretty much guarantee you that Grimes would not leave AU for the same position at UT.  Grimes loves it at AU as do all our other coaches and he knows he's got a good thing going on here.  Auburn is no longer a stepping stone for any school unless it's for a better position or we wont match the pay they offer.  Imo, those days of coaches taking lateral moves are over.

Great to hear from you Mayor! We are praying for you!

Thank you very much!

...I thought he looked mad when his name wasn't on the sign

Way to go, tuffy.  We're really screwed now...  :'( :laugh:

Tuffy left him off because Westerman already had an AU sign just for him.  http://www.auburneagle.com/WEAForum/index.php?topic=28549.0

Archived