New Kris Frost Thread

gpharper

Kris Frost wants Auburn, but the feeling might not be mutual.

Frost and Auburn

Will Auburn end up signing Kris Frost?

- Bobby in Birmingham, Ala.

Your guess is as good as mine but I think things will work out with Frost and Auburn in the end. Frost is apparently going to visit Auburn this weekend to meet with Gene Chizik and hopefully, for Tigers fans, things will be ironed out.

Why do I say hopefully? Because Frost is an absolute stud and I think he is a better prospect than Brent Calloway as a linebacker prospect. I'm still not convinced that Calloway will end up as a running back at Auburn. If, for some reason, Auburn is pushing Frost away because it is filled at linebacker after Calloway's flip, it could be making a mistake.

But in the end I think the Tigers will find room for Frost, he will play outside linebacker and be a great one.

I tried to be nice about it but since people keeping insisting then here goes...Frost is a very good prospect, and like Red said, maybe as good as BC at LB but not better. People have compared KF to Dansby and I can see that. I have compared BC at LB to Ray Lewis as far as his on field play. So when you put your O and B glasses down which on field talent would you rather have? Dansby or Lewis? For me it's Ray Lewis hands down. I made that point to make this point. Farrell has proven himself to be an idiot and completely clueless many times over. So why anybody on an Auburn board would reference him or quote him is beyond me. I want Frost as much as the next guy but referring to Farrell  does not do anything to help make someone's point.

Ferrell said he didn't like you either. lol Just kidding to lighten the mood. :tease:

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I tried to be nice about it but since people keeping insisting then here goes...Frost is a very good prospect, and like Red said, maybe as good as BC at LB but not better. People have compared KF to Dansby and I can see that. I have compared BC at LB to Ray Lewis as far as his on field play. So when you put your O and B glasses down which on field talent would you rather have? Dansby or Lewis? For me it's Ray Lewis hands down. I made that point to make this point. Farrell has proven himself to be an idiot and completely clueless many times over. So why anybody on an Auburn board would reference him or quote him is beyond me. I want Frost as much as the next guy but referring to Farrell  does not do anything to help make someone's point.

I don't remember seeing the comparison to Lewis, but it's not far off.

We keep saying it guys: trust this staff. They know what they are doing FAR more than any of us, or, for that matter, anyone else working for an online recruiting service.

I don't remember seeing the comparison to Lewis, but it's not far off.

We keep saying it guys: trust this staff. They know what they are doing FAR more than any of us, or, for that matter, anyone else working for an online recruiting service.

I made the comparison to Lewis but I think I have only posted it one other time.

And thank you Chaotic. Very much appreciated.

i see everybodys point but he is better than a lot of the people we have commited soo . let him take their spot. thats mean but u gota b the best

Wrong,you dont have to be mean,as you put it,to be the best.

Anything I can do to help out. ;D

And for the record: I want a Dansby and a Lewis. So ha.

I approve this message!

You also have to take into account that a 4* vs a 2 or 3* is in the minds of Rivals, Scout, 247, or ESPN. The star difference doesn't actually make them better. I don't want to get into the stars debate for the million and second time but we're only talking about one guys opinion(of which it's not our coaches).

We all want what's best for Auburn. There's nothing wrong with having rational, civil conversations. We are family and family don't agree all the time. Wouldn't it be great for this program to reach the stage where we are winning or competing for championships every year?

We all want what's best for Auburn. There's nothing wrong with having rational, civil conversations. We are family and family don't agree all the time. Wouldn't it be great for this program to reach the stage where we are winning or competing for championships every year?

If the AU coaches can keep the recruiting classes rolling in like they had last year and this year, that may very well be the case. For all the offensive recruits we as fans harp on, the defensive recruits(that AU has been getting) will make a nasty defense in years to come.

i see everybodys point but he is better than a lot of the people we have commited soo . let him take their spot. thats mean but u gota b the best

Not when the coaching staff has been selling itself, successfully I might add, as actually having integrity. You have no idea how much that means to parents, and parents talk to each other.

I would say he is worth the scholly. The kid looks dynomite. someone always drops off at the end and I think Frost would be better than anyone else we could pull last minute and is better than many we have. with Bynes and stevens exiting stage left we need some top shelf talent at Lb and that could be him. Just my opinion but I think we have a really good and creative staff. I think we can make Frost happen without screwing anyone over. Truth is at least one of these kids we are counting on is gona be treated like a king by clemson or lsu or wherever while we focus on closing and will jump ship, its just the nature of these things. Kris Frost is a stud and we would be lucky to have him. if the coaches are honestly backing away from him saying he is coming then there is something more than talent being considered.

Our coaching staff are among the best recruiters in the country.  I am confident they are weighing all the factors, our needs, our available schollys, possible losses, and the impacts of what is said or not said, officially or off the record, etc in this chess game, and that in the end we'll have a top 5-10 class in the rankings but more importantly, on the field. 

The thing that REALLY bothers me the most about this situation is this,... Just like was mentioned, Bynes and Stevens are gone. Where does that really leave us at the LB position? I personally don't think we are positioned right now to have a strong SEC core of LB's. That's just my opinion. And before anybody jumps in w/ the Jake Holland or LaDarious Owens (add whoevere else) comments, lets look at it. None of them are proven. Eltoro? How many times did this guy play out of position? Granted he's full speed and fun to watch, but  :dunno: who knows what he's going to do? Evans? he might be ok, kina small, not blazingly fast like smaller LBs that we've had in the past. Holland? still unknown at this point. Owens? he's having to transition from playing DE. yeah, the potential is there, but he may never adjust to that position at an SEC level. White? can't get a straight forward answer about his injury, so who knows. Curry? again, who knows. Bates? he played ok at times. could be a stud. Harris? I've heard he has not impressed thus far... I'm sure I'm leaving others out guys,.. my point is this: Why pass on a guy of KF's potential, at a position that we are DEF in need of?  :dunno: I'm sure I'm going to get the trust the coaches speach. But these are legit questions and concerns,... are they not? These are my thoughts anyway, and NO I don't get paid to do it,.. and yes I know the coaches know more than my. Just my .02. Hope in the end, we sign Frost.

The thing that REALLY bothers me the most about this situation is this,... Just like was mentioned, Bynes and Stevens are gone. Where does that really leave us at the LB position? I personally don't think we are positioned right now to have a strong SEC core of LB's. That's just my opinion. And before anybody jumps in w/ the Jake Holland or LaDarious Owens (add whoevere else) comments, lets look at it. None of them are proven. Eltoro? How many times did this guy play out of position? Granted he's full speed and fun to watch, but  :dunno: who knows what he's going to do? Evans? he might be ok, kina small, not blazingly fast like smaller LBs that we've had in the past. Holland? still unknown at this point. Owens? he's having to transition from playing DE. yeah, the potential is there, but he may never adjust to that position at an SEC level. White? can't get a straight forward answer about his injury, so who knows. Curry? again, who knows. Bates? he played ok at times. could be a stud. Harris? I've heard he has not impressed thus far... I'm sure I'm leaving others out guys,.. my point is this: Why pass on a guy of KF's potential, at a position that we are DEF in need of?  :dunno: I'm sure I'm going to get the trust the coaches speach. But these are legit questions and concerns,... are they not? These are my thoughts anyway, and NO I don't get paid to do it,.. and yes I know the coaches know more than my. Just my .02. Hope in the end, we sign Frost.

OK, WDE01.  Listen, I can recommend you to the staff as a recruiting coordinator if you are interested.  It is obvious to some of you that the coaches need the help.  They just have not done a very good job of recruiting.

If our coaches don't think that LB is a priority position for the 2011 signing class then I will trust their instincts.  They know much more than I do about our needs.  They know much more than I know about the potential of our existing LBs.  They see them every day in practice.  Again, I trust our coaches to do what is best for Auburn University. 

Sorry about the sarcasm to begin this post, but I think our coaches have proven themselves as pretty good recruiters and evaluators of talent.    WAR EAGLE!!! 

It's not even about the LB position. As I said earlier Frost was committed to AU coaches, then changed his mind and chose Michigan. Frost's then spot was offered to someone else. So for Frost to get a scholly here, AU would have to miss on someone that has a commitable offer. Frost has to wait in line now to see if one opens up. It would not be right for our coaches to (excuse my language) screw another player out of a committable offer just to make room for Frost regardless of what position that player plays. This staff at Auburn does not operate like that.

Guest shirley4au9

So, you want to throw ethical practice out the window?  Hopefully, the coaches will find a way..Auburn Men/Women believe in the "Creed" and attempt to live their lives accordingly. We want to be the best, but at what cost?  I'm not bashing, just asking what's more important?

not a very informative post i know........But----If Kris is meant to be at Auburn he will wind up here...just be patient and let's see what happens......:-)

OK, WDE01.  Listen, I can recommend you to the staff as a recruiting coordinator if you are interested.  It is obvious to some of you that the coaches need the help.  They just have not done a very good job of recruiting.

If our coaches don't think that LB is a priority position for the 2011 signing class then I will trust their instincts.  They know much more than I do about our needs.  They know much more than I know about the potential of our existing LBs.  They see them every day in practice.  Again, I trust our coaches to do what is best for Auburn University. 

Sorry about the sarcasm to begin this post, but I think our coaches have proven themselves as pretty good recruiters and evaluators of talent.     WAR EAGLE!!! 

guess you chose to ignore the last few sentences of my post huh?

I tried to somewhat sugarcoat things in my first post on the issue but I have to be honest and tell you that, at this point, our coaches may not take his commitment even if we do wind up with room.  I will not go into detail.  'Just figured ya'll might need to know this with this thread going on and on the way it is.  There' s not much of a chance of Frost signing with us at this time.  That's just how it is.  It would take some real work on HIS part to change things and I just don't know if it will happen or if we will have room if it does.

guess you chose to ignore the last few sentences of my post huh?

I think he was referring as much to several others who have posted the same sentiment as he was to you.

I tried to somewhat sugarcoat things in my first post on the issue but I have to be honest and tell you that, at this point, our coaches may not take his commitment even if we do wind up with room.  I will not go into detail.  'Just figured ya'll might need to know this with this thread going on and on the way it is.  There' s not much of a chance of Frost signing with us at this time.  That's just how it is.  It would take some real work on HIS part to change things and I just don't know if it will happen or if we will have room if it does.

Thanks for update.

No posts for me.

that sucks dude,... what could have happened for it to be THAT bad? I've seen the posts saying that he didn't make himself "available" to the coaches for three weeks, but surely that can't be it. These coaches recruited this kid VERY hard for the better part of the year, so it's safe to say, that they were very impressed with him and his talents. I guess this is just part of recruiting sometimes,.. it just seems like a weird situation to me, for you to say that "it would take some real work on HIS part to change things"

Archived