New Kris Frost Thread

gpharper

Red, I referred to high school coaches in my first post.  IF we reneged on a commitment and gave it to KF, the hs coach of the kid we yanked the offer from might not allow us on campus or at least try to steer his players away from us in the future.  He could hold a grudge for a long time.

I totally agree that opposing coaches will spin any- and everything they can, but I was more focused on the potential damage to high school relationships if we made a commitment to a hs player and then took it back.

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

red, who do you think was doing the orchestrating? and what does the bashing of B Matthews have to do with it?

I don't know about who was doing the orchestrating, if anyone was. The bashing of Matthews comes to mind because of how quickly we were to decry him for the atrocious act of stealing Frost's thunder (myself included), but the way this is working out, it sounds like Frost had been taking us for granted and the coaches were trying to send him the message that was not going to be tolerated.

I'm not saying Matthews was the one leading the charge or anything, I'm just saying that after the Frost announcement, maybe the coaches leaked that they might not have room in order that Kris would understand how wrongly he had handled the situation. The way he plays it from here will likely determine whether he's welcomed to Auburn or not, and I imagine that the coaches wanted him to be fully aware of how big a deal it was so that he could make the decision of whether he really wanted to be here or not.

Now, all of this is speculation, so don't take it as set in stone or anything, but that's what I'm thinking right now.

Red, I referred to high school coaches in my first post.   IF we reneged on a commitment and gave it to KF, the hs coach of the kid we yanked the offer from might not allow us on campus or at least try to steer his players away from us in the future.  He could hold a grudge for a long time.

I totally agree that opposing coaches will spin any- and everything they can, but I was more focused on the potential damage to high school relationships if we made a commitment to a hs player and then took it back.

Oh I agree with you, I was just explaining what I think AMM was getting at; that it could be used against us either way. Playing the devil's advocate, I agree with him, but at the end of the day I absolutely believe the coaches are doing and will continue to do the best thing for all parties involved.

I just think Bryan Matthews was right from the beginning. I certainly understand anyone being upset with how he chose to give out his info, but he's been pretty accurate with his info on this sitch.

I just think Bryan Matthews was right from the beginning. I certainly understand anyone being upset with how he chose to give out his info, but he's been pretty accurate with his info on this sitch.

Agreed. I was more trying to soften the opinion around here about Matthews while offering my own apologies for the backlash than anything else with the mention of him.

Honestly, I feel like the ball is in Frost's court. After all the bashing of Matthews for tweeting what he did, I'm beginning to wonder if this wasn't all orchestrated to bring Kris down a rung or two so that he knows that he is not bigger than Auburn. If he shows true humility, I think we'll find a spot for him. If not, after the way he treated the program by ignoring the coaches completely and then flipping when things went sour at Michigan, then he probably doesn't belong on the Plains.

I agree with this also.  ;D

:we:

I have a feeling if Frost really wants to be an Auburn Tiger,he will be.It could mean a grayshirt,but if he wants to be at AU,I think the coaches can work it out.

My personal opinion is that he wont sign with AU.

Now I dont support taking a scholarship away from a player, but we need to find room for this guy.

I totally agree.

I agree as well. This guy is a stud prospect and I would HATE to see him on an opposing sideline. I sincerely hope our coaches and Kris can work things out, although I have NO problems with the stance our coaches are taking. I think in the end everything will be worked out and he will be at Auburn..........that is my hope at least

Im not too sure I want a kid who thinks he can play games with our coaches.  No HS kid is that important.  I know he's just a kid but its time these types of shenanagans were stomped on.  I commend our staff for trying to teach this and other future potential commits a good lesson.

Agreed. I was more trying to soften the opinion around here about Matthews while offering my own apologies for the backlash than anything else with the mention of him.

Maybe I'm just slow, but I'm sure someone on here can explain it to me.  Regardless of whether Brian Matthews was correct or incorrect with his info, how did releasing it 5 minutes after Kris Frost gave a public committment on National TV benefit either Kris Frost or the Auburn Tiger Football Program?

Maybe I'm just slow, but I'm sure someone on here can explain it to me.  Regardless of whether Brian Matthews was correct or incorrect with his info, how did releasing it 5 minutes after Kris Frost gave a public committment on National TV benefit either Kris Frost or the Auburn Tiger Football Program?

If the reports that he completely ignored them for three weeks when he thought he was going to Michigan, then flipped as soon as RichRod got fired, then it's clear Auburn was his fallback plan. Apparently, the coaches told him not to commit because they wanted to ascertain exactly how serious he was after all the flip flopping, and when he did, they leaked that they wouldn't have room in order to let him know that his actions have consequences and he can't treat us as he did.

I don't know, I'm just speculating.

Guys...I'm gonna say this one more time...Bryan was NOT correct in what he reported. Things happened from the time Kris committed to the last few days...and it wasn't with the Coaches.

I won't say anymore though. Take what you will...but the staffs behavior in this has been exemplary.

Guys...I'm gonna say this one more time...Bryan was NOT correct in what he reported. Things happened from the time Kris committed to the last few days...and it wasn't with the Coaches.

I won't say anymore though. Take what you will...but the staffs behavior in this has been exemplary.

Gotcha. Apologies for speculating to the contrary.

Thanks DAD,

As I said before, BM mishandled this whether it was true or not.... looks like there is more to this behind the scenes than what we know... and the way it was reported was wrong in my opinion...

Also, saw on another site that KF did indeed make it to campus this weekend, and it was confirmed as he had talked to several different folks who posted such...

Any confirmation here?

Word is that he really wants to be @ AU, and they are trying to work it out...

It may be our MODS are proven right again before this is all said and done... hope Bird's ego can handle it  :)

Also, saw on another site that KF did indeed make it to campus this weekend, and it was confirmed as he had talked to several different folks who posted such...

That's good to hear. I get the feeling Kris is a good kid who just made a couple of bad choices. Hopefully his experience the last week or so has taught him a lesson, and this will all get worked out so that he can come to Auburn.

I don't thinl its really a question of good or bad so much Red as just being indecisive. Its just hard to know where you stand with someone like that.

It's understandable that he's having a tough time with it. He's young and never had to deal with this much pressure. He's dreamed of being a Wolverine for a long time and now his heart and head are pulling in opposite directions.  I hope he ends up in the very best place for him, whereever that may be.

I don't thinl its really a question of good or bad so much Red as just being indecisive. Its just hard to know where you stand with someone like that.

AUQBDAD, so do you think he will be an AU Tiger or not?

We should cut all of these kids some slack. They have really hard decisions to make. Some many people are pulling them here and there and everywhere. On top of that, their own mind is running a hundred miles per hour trying to decide. The decisons are unbelievably tough and we should all be understanding of that. As fans, the choice is simple because we have already chosen our school. Most kids don't end up going to the school they grew up rooting for. There are a million plus examples of that happening. Overall it's their choice to make and no one elses. The coaches can't pick for them. The fans can't pick for them. In some cases, even their parents can't pick for them. It's what the kid wants to do no matter if we as fans like it or not.

I'd also like to add that Great people make honest mistakes all the time. What makes them great is the way they handle the consequences.

Looks to me like that maxim might apply to lots of people in this case.

By the way (referring to someone's reply to me a couple of pages back), please don't expect ordinary readers to know what's in every thread on the board.  I read probably 20% of the threads.  I'd like to think that's normal.   ;)

Classy posts here by Red and by Dad.  I hope things sort themselves out for the best for all concerned.

Yeah. Lord knows I've had plenty of my own experience with indecisiveness and it biting me. I sincerely hope he and the coaches are able to mend their fences and put all of this behind them.

I really feel for the kid and his family and the Coaches. Tough place to be.

I will say I still think it was a little irresponsible for it to have been reported like it was and added pressure that was no needed at the time.

Things could have been handled better in my opinion.

Archived