New Kris Frost Thread

gpharper

I really feel for the kid and his family and the Coaches. Tough place to be.

I will say I still think it was a little irresponsible for it to have been reported like it was and added pressure that was no needed at the time.

Things could have been handled better in my opinion.

I think you're right. I still feel bad for the way I threw Matthews under the wagon, but the more I think about it, the more he kinda deserved it. Dude didn't seem at all concerned with anything more than hits on his website.

This is one of the reasons I kinda prefer writing for AE: it's not where I go for a paycheck, so it doesn't become the same kind of gutless, cutthroat grind that it has to for the guys at the pay sites.

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're right Red, and in fact, he reported that there wasn't room, which isn't quite the reason that KF isn't a Tiger right now. I agree with DAD, just not necessary.

The reporting thing is tough.  The reporter's primary job is to report news, whether it hurts someone or not.  But a reporter's ethics require assessing whether the story is worth the cost to the people involved.

That there was a problem was pretty big news -- how often does a top recruit make a commitment that isn't accepted?!  But the damage is significant.

Maybe we'd just be better off without reporting on recruiting altogether.

The reporting thing is tough.  The reporter's primary job is to report news, whether it hurts someone or not.  But a reporter's ethics require assessing whether the story is worth the cost to the people involved.

That there was a problem was pretty big news -- how often does a top recruit make a commitment that isn't accepted?!  But the damage is significant.

Maybe we'd just be better off without reporting on recruiting altogether.

You're right. He's trying to get a scoop because it is good business for him, and if he doesn't someone else will. Of course, one must also consider the impact jumping the gun on such topics could have on the relationships built with coaches and players, but again, when it's your livelihood, you kinda gotta go with what you got.

Still, I think it was a pretty low blow.

On a somewhat different topic, does anyone know if Matthews still works at the Athletics Department?

Maybe a stupid question and possibly already covered but since Frost did commit to us on National TV why do none of the recruiting site show him as a commit to us?

Maybe a stupid question and possibly already covered but since Frost did commit to us on National TV why do none of the recruiting site show him as a commit to us?

Because for about a month leading up to his announcing that commitment, he had led the Auburn coaches to believe that he was all set to go to Michigan. The Auburn coaches tried after he said that to keep recruiting him, but he was still set to go to Michigan, so the Auburn coaches had to move on and go different directions. Then Michigan fired Rich Rodriguez and all of the sudden Frost wants to come to Auburn, but the coaches have silent committment from people that haven't led them to believe they're going somewhere else, so the coaches are going to honor those commitments. It's bad luck for Frost, but our coaches are trying to do the right thing. And by the way, we always talk about being ALL IN. Sounds like Frost wasn't. I may have been wrong on a couple details there, but I'm pretty sure that's what went down. Frost didn't have a spot at Auburn anymore, but he committed anyway. That's why he's not listed

The Auburn coaches have not and may not accept his commitment.  Until that changes don't look for him to be added anywhere.

Because those sites reported we did not have room for Frost.

AMM, what are the contingencies in play here...is it more what KF needs to do (to rectify the situation) or meeting our needs (at other positions) ?

AMM, what are the contingencies in play here...is it more what KF needs to do (to rectify the situation) or meeting our needs (at other positions) ?

The flexibility of Frost helps. His main position during his recruitment by us was obviously RB, and with us losing Burns, T-Zach, and unfortunately Darvin Adams that is beneficial. At the least he could potentially play a role similar to Shaun Kitchens did this year. And as many have said, the better position to showcase his full potential is LB. We are in need of some highly touted LBs. Regardless of what some say, we need them. And that is what the coaches said they would do, recruit an entire team every single year.

Frost has to prove his dedication to the team, and prove his dedication is unwaivering. And maybe he needs to show a little remorse for prior happenings.

I think there's no way these coaches pass him up if he proves himself. But maybe that's wishful thinking.

If he is as good as everybody thinks he is and really wants to become an Auburn Tiger, why couldn't we place him in a Prep School for a year and sign him next year. He doesn't lose a year of eligibility and gets some additional experience and we fill our obligations this year?

If he is as good as everybody thinks he is and really wants to become an Auburn Tiger, why couldn't we place him in a Prep School for a year and sign him next year. He doesn't lose a year of eligibility and gets some additional experience and we fill our obligations this year?

Very few 4* or 5* athletes are even willing to think about this unless there are grade issues. I want Kris as bad as everyone - he has been one of my favorite athletes all season - but I trust these coaches completely. I don't understand but I do trust so I am going to cross my fingers that it can be worked out and wait with anticipation for Feb to get here!!

What are our chances that Frost will be apart of the family?

At this point, I say chances aren't very good

It's not over yet...

It's not over yet...

Yes I know. That's why I said "at this point". Things could still develop which would allow him to join this class, but if Signing Day were today I think he'd be at Michigan or Miami

It's not over yet...

Yes I know. That's why I said "at this point". Things could still develop which would allow him to join this class, but if Signing Day were today I think he'd be at Michigan or Miami

I've still got my money on him being on the Plains in the Fall. I never lost hope before on him, so why now?  :thumbsup:

Archived