New Kris Frost Thread

gpharper

I'm as bummed as anyone that we "might" miss out on this kid.  Just remember, even though it doesn't soothe the pain now.......how many quality recruits will we get over the next few years just because the Auburn coaches have shown their integrity and that they honor their word?

I like where we are headed.

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love all our recruits, and I know that our coaches wouldn't stoop to the level of going back on an offer to a kid, but GOSH anyone would take Frost over our other 2 LB recruits anyday if you had to choose!  Hope it works out for KF. 

:wareagle:

Are you putting down Landrum and garrett?  I would take them in a heartbeat because they are both very talented and they are true AU men and never wavered in their decisions.

o_O

I love all our recruits, and I know that our coaches wouldn't stoop to the level of going back on an offer to a kid, but GOSH anyone would take Frost over our other 2 LB recruits anyday if you had to choose!  Hope it works out for KF. 

I'm not bashing you here but Garret is a beast and just as good as Frost.  He has gotten great reviews from the recruiting sites analysts.  He will be even more dominant when he puts on some weight.  

I'm as bummed as anyone that we "might" miss out on this kid.  Just remember, even though it doesn't soothe the pain now.......how many quality recruits will we get over the next few years just because the Auburn coaches have shown their integrity and that they honor their word?

^^^^^Esactly. It will go a long way with moms and dads.

It doesn't really matter who it impresses or whether or not it benefits you in the long run, doing the right thing is the right thing to do.  Doing the right thing when you know it is not to your advantage is difficult but it is a sign of true character.  That being said,  I think KF is a good guy and a good football player and I hope things work out for him.

It doesn't really matter who it impresses or whether or not it benefits you in the long run, doing the right thing is the right thing to do.  Doing the right thing when you know it is not to your advantage is difficult but it is a sign of true character.  That being said,  I think KF is a good guy and a good football player and I hope things work out for him.

You misinterpretted my statement. The fact is it will look good with the parents but that is not why it should be done. It should be done because it is the honorable and integrety thing to do.

Integrity is a rare commodity and is of great value.... and must be protected...

AU's staff must be careful not to lose it...

I was talking to my buddy at work who is a big bama fan about this situation and he said just do what saban does. I knew what he was getting at but asked him what he meant just to hear it out of his mouth. Sure enough, he said just get rid of someone who is dragging up the rear. He even mentioned Tana Patrick and Harris and said that they were gonna be gone to make room for this class. So, imagine them guys having their scholly yanked from under them cause saban has not and will not spend the time coaching them to their potential. Every one of those guys will have a Seastrunk moment and be heartbroke. I am dang proud of the integrity of this staff and their committment to the players we have.

I hate to know we're not getting Frost, but I like what the coaches are doing. We are keeping our word and our integrity. I think that separates us and puts us in a different category. Now as far as it helping us in the future with recruits, I really am not sure. It may help once or twice. Recruiting is a funny thing. In the end, I don't think it have much bearing. If it did, Saban wouldn't be getting such a great class this year. The fact is, kids go play somewhere for a whole list of reasons. I'd like to think this course of action will help, but I'm not sure it ever will honestly. Doing the right thing doesn't necessarily always pay off in worldly terms. It often costs you and that's why doing the right thing is hard to do. It would have been much easier to find a spot for Kris Frost and tell someone else we're sorry but we no longer have the room. If integrity always helped the team immediately, Saban would have loads of it. As it stands, I don't think he has any.

Frost is a stud.but landrum is an all around hitting machine.if he wouldn't have been hurt he would have been a 4star + ..there's still time to get this worked out.I really like frosty but its not my call.and I'm super glad were keeping our word.that goes a really long way

Are you putting down Landrum and garrett?  I would take them in a heartbeat because they are both very talented and they are true AU men and never wavered in their decisions.

heck no i'm not putting them down...kudos to them for not wavering...frost however is a bigger recruit overall....there is a reason he played in the all-american game and the others didnt.  garrett is very good as everyone knows, does need to put on some weight/strength and landrum broke his ankle and missed most of his senior season.  just saying from a recruiting standpoint..not and auburn creed standpoint lol

:we:

Guest wareagleauburn89@aol.com

I just don't get it. How could we turn away KF because our class is full, and then turn around and take Crowell's commitment if he were to commit.

I just don't get it. How could we turn away KF because our class is full, and then turn around and take Crowell's commitment if he were to commit.

Because Frost was committed to AU coaches, then changed his mind and chose Michigan. Frost's then spot was offered to someone else. So for Frost to get a scholly here, AU would have to miss on someone that has a commitable offer.

There are many things going on behind the scenes that we are not privvy to.  Trust the coaches to know what they are doing. 

Mike Farrell of Rivals said Auburn would be making a huge mistake not signing Frost. He said Frost is a stud of an OLB and will be a great one. He also said he thinks Frost in a better prospect at LB than Calloway who he said is also a LB.

Mike Farrell of Rivals said Auburn would be making a huge mistake not signing Frost. He said Frost is a stud of an OLB and will be a great one. He also said he thinks Frost in a better prospect at LB than Calloway who he said is also a LB.

We do not have the win at all cos mentality that the Bammers and apparently some recruiting experts have. We do it with integrity.

I want to sign him as much anybody but if we can't put the square peg in the round hole then we just have to move on.

I'm assuming the coaches have 2 options here: don't fill a position of greater need, or pull a silent commit's scholarship.  I'd rather not second-guess the coaches on the former and pulling another kid's scholarship to make room would be an even bigger mistake.  That's an extremely easy way to kill any trust you build with current or future recruits.  

That sounds like bammer propaganda meant to discredit the kid who decommitted from them to go to their rival while making that same rival look bad by boosting the image of another recruit who appears to have gotten the cold shoulder.

Now, that having been said, Kris Frost is an outstanding linebacker prospect, but he's not better than Calloway. They might be even, but that's it; Brent would likely start from day one at LB if he focused on that instead of taking his shot at running back (which, btw, he also has good potential at, just not quite as much as at linebacker). Frost is probably in the same boat, but if rivals really thought that, why would they rank Frost 28 spots lower than Calloway?

Kris Frost wants Auburn, but the feeling might not be mutual.

Frost and Auburn

Will Auburn end up signing Kris Frost?

- Bobby in Birmingham, Ala.

Your guess is as good as mine but I think things will work out with Frost and Auburn in the end. Frost is apparently going to visit Auburn this weekend to meet with Gene Chizik and hopefully, for Tigers fans, things will be ironed out.

Why do I say hopefully? Because Frost is an absolute stud and I think he is a better prospect than Brent Calloway as a linebacker prospect. I'm still not convinced that Calloway will end up as a running back at Auburn. If, for some reason, Auburn is pushing Frost away because it is filled at linebacker after Calloway's flip, it could be making a mistake.

But in the end I think the Tigers will find room for Frost, he will play outside linebacker and be a great one.

Frost and Auburn

Your guess is as good as mine but I think things will work out with Frost and Auburn in the end. Frost is apparently going to visit Auburn this weekend to meet with Gene Chizik and hopefully, for Tigers fans, things will be ironed out.

Why do I say hopefully? Because Frost is an absolute stud and I think he is a better prospect than Brent Calloway as a linebacker prospect. I'm still not convinced that Calloway will end up as a running back at Auburn. If, for some reason, Auburn is pushing Frost away because it is filled at linebacker after Calloway's flip, it could be making a mistake.

But in the end I think the Tigers will find room for Frost, he will play outside linebacker and be a great one.

Where did you get this?

Its a free article i found in Auburn Rivals homepage.

Cool, just wanted to make sure it wasn't premium. :thumbsup:

Frost and Auburn

I tried to be nice about it but since people keeping insisting then here goes...Frost is a very good prospect, and like Red said, maybe as good as BC at LB but not better. People have compared KF to Dansby and I can see that. I have compared BC at LB to Ray Lewis as far as his on field play. So when you put your O and B glasses down which on field talent would you rather have? Dansby or Lewis? For me it's Ray Lewis hands down. I made that point to make this point. Farrell has proven himself to be an idiot and completely clueless many times over. So why anybody on an Auburn board would reference him or quote him is beyond me. I want Frost as much as the next guy but referring to Farrell  does not do anything to help make someone's point.

Archived