Player we won't miss as much as we thought we would in 2011

au03cobrafan

It's pretty funny how few people can debate without throwing out insults to try to bolster your argument. If LT is such an idiot, when why even bother writing anything?

If everything rolls our way, if all of our young talent develops the way we think they'll develop, if we avoid injuries at key positions, and if chemistry stays top notch, then we have a chance at being a great team again next year. We managed that this year, but I really think we "maxed out" much more than other teams (huge Kudos to our coaches and team leaders on that). Asking for all of that again this year is a bit much. If half of those things occur, I see us as a 7 or 8 win team. However, not a lot has to happen to push that down to 5 wins.

EDIT: just read the first couple of posts.  Alright, flame on :P.

EDIT 2: I actually agree w/ the OP.  We have the players to replace Cam.  Our lines might be a bit sketchy though :X.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

.... I'm never that much off.

1. I predicted us to go 10-2, this past season, and Cam pushed us all the way as an unforeseen x factor.

2. Schedule is too hard with too many key away games.

3. Who are our leaders?!

4. We're gonna have a target on our back from winning it all... You better believe...

a) UGA wants revenge from Fairley

B) Bama wants revenge (in general) from 24-0 come back

c) LSU wants revenge from us rushing for 440 yards on their ass

d) Arkansas wants to keep us from ever scoring again.... EVAR!

e) You d@mn well better believe USCe is gonna bring it in their house from the wood shedder we gave 'em

f) Clemson wants revenge from an over-time loss that cost them the season

g) UF will be better than us on paper plus will want OLD revenge...

5. Too many inexperienced players at key positions like the ENTIRE O-line basically, QB, WR, WR#2, DE, DT, MLB, Safty, CB, and Kicker

Just gonna be too much to over come. Expect 5-7!

War Eagle                                                                                                                                                Yes, and we are going to just roll over and play dead. It is hard to stay mad for 60 minutes. Revenge will play almost no roll in deciding our season. Next year will be tough due to a lack of returning starters, and a very tough schedule. A lesser team with lesser coaches would probably go 5 and 7. Do not know exactly what the season will look like, but I bet we do far better than most experts predict. I think a New Years Day Bowl is very reasonable. Winning breeds winning, and these guys know what it takes to win.

9 wins

5 wins

9 wins

5 wins

ok so 5, just to make sure. you think auburn wins 5 games next year? please let me know cause your opinion is the only one that should be repeated over and over again.

9 wins

5 wins

9 wins

5 wins

ok so 5, just to make sure. you think auburn wins 5 games next year? please let me know cause your opinion is the only one that should be repeated over and over again.

... now you're catching on.  :)

To the original poster: we will miss Cam more than anyone can imagine. I mean how can you not miss the best player to play in the SEC since Bo? I'm not saying Trotter will be terrible, but he's not even close to be Cam. I'm still predicting Frazier to receive the majority of the snaps by the UGA game.

To the original poster: we will miss Cam more than anyone can imagine. I mean how can you not miss the best player to play in the SEC since Bo? I'm not saying Trotter will be terrible, but he's not even close to be Cam. I'm still predicting Frazier to receive the majority of the snaps by the UGA game.

I have bookmarked this thread and will come back to it.

I think KF gets playing time but doesn't start.  I'm predicting 80/20 through the first five games and 60/40 the remainder of the season.  Trotter starts without a doubt.

I think KF gets playing time but doesn't start.  I'm predicting 80/20 through the first five games and 60/40 the remainder of the season.  Trotter starts without a doubt.

No it's not gonna be a Tim Tebow Chris Leak type of deal. If Barrett Trotter stays healthy he's gonna be the quarterback.

I bet all of you that are saying 5 wins also said there's no way we take 3 or was it 4? true freshman o-lineman to the "Swamp" and beat a to 5 Florida team and how did that turn out?

We will still probably see a lot more wildcat next year. It might seem a little strange at first, but Khiel Frazier could probably fill the wildcat role very well while Trotter is at the helm.

We will still probably see a lot more wildcat next year. It might seem a little strange at first, but Khiel Frazier could probably fill the wildcat role very well while Trotter is at the helm.

There's no way we'd waste a year of Kiehl's eligibility to play wildcat when Bray and Trovon are probably better wildcats anyways. Kiehl will RS if Trotter beats him out

That's cool. If I'm wrong I won't mind eating a little crow. I hope Trotter comes in and sets the world on fire, I'll just believe in when I see it. I just think it will be more than 60/40 or anywhere around 50/50 just because I believe he will need the extra experience for 2012.

No it's not gonna be a Tim Tebow Chris Leak type of deal. If Barrett Trotter stays healthy he's gonna be the quarterback.

That's a big IF.

Trotter isn't that bad

Threw for 7,968 passing yards, 88 touchdowns and 23 interceptions during career ... Both marks are school records and his 88 touchdown passes are third all-time in Alabama State High School history ... Completed 63 percent of passes during career ... Led Briarwood to 2007 state semi-finals by completing 228-of-361 passes for 3,469 yards and 47 touchdowns with eight interceptions ... Also rushed for 610 yards on 104 attempts and six touchdowns as a senior ... Named ASWA Super 12 and All-State 6A first-team quarterback as a senior ... As a senior also named Birmingham News Metro Player of the Year, ScoutSouth.com Star of Alabama

Trotter will likely be the 2nd or 3rd best QB in the West the moment he steps on the field.  Actually, he could be the best because I'm giving LSU the benefit of the doubt. Jefferson looked good toward the end of the season and is an excellent scrambler. The also signed a huge JUCO prospect in Mettenberger who is supposedly all-world and will challenge for the starting spot.  We shall see, but LSU has not had good QB development lately but they did hire a new offensive coordinator in Kragthorpe.

As far whether or not Bammer, Florida, Clemson, Arkansas, or UGA will be better is certainly debatable at this point. I basically look for LSU to be the heavy favorite to win the SEC next year, but after that it's pretty much a crap shoot because all these teams will have significant losses to replace, especially at the QB position.  Auburn, Clemson, Arkansas, and Alabama are all replacing starting QB's.  Alabama actually loses as much as Auburn if not more in terms of the skill positions and they like Auburn lose their best defensive player in Dareus. Alabama struggled mightily last year without Dareus in the lineup.  UGA loses their best player by far in AJ Greene and maybe the best player in the conference. They could not move the ball at all without him in the lineup and I basically don't expect too much to change immediately. 

I honestly think this is one of those wide open years in the SEC.  I know Alabama is picked to do well but to me it is all hype at this point. LSU is clearly the team to beat. The rest... have a lot to prove replacing key players, QB experience, and top flight defensive standouts.

I think Auburn will win between 8 and 11 games this year basically. Tough schedule and we have a young team, but the talent is there and I'm not really convinced that teams we will be playing are world beaters.  We'll have a target but we'll also have a chip on our shoulder. The x factor is of course we have much tougher road schedule.  Normally that would be bad, but I'm just not convinced yet that the SEC is not going to have a down year in 2011.

BTW, this is my first post.. as to the player we will NOT miss the most, I'm gonna say it is Fannin. Eric Smith will step into his role quite well and is an excellent blocker just like Mario. 

I'm picking 7-5 games.  We're young, but talented enough to surprise someone on the schedule.

I think Dyer may run for 1500+ next season.

The O-line should gel my around week 4-5.

Trotter will be better than most people expect.

The D-line and LBer's will be more talented, but lack some experience.

Clemson is always loaded at the skill positions but always seem to fall on their face. They have possibly the worst head coach in division 1. USCem as long as Garcia is the qb you always have a chance to beat them. He is way to inconsistent.  I agree the toughest game we will have is at lsu and possibly at Arkansas. Every other game is definitely a crap shoot.

Archived