'Media' is starting to 'Get it'.....**Another article**

wareagle0182

They are saying Saban dont kiss media but???? No he just tries to intimidate them and I think it is probably about to get old with them. I sure hope they are not implying that our coaches kiss up cause they will give them a no comment in a heartbeat.

Guest In the Village

Wow, he said that they never cut anyone because of physical ability and they created their own way out either thru academics, breaking team or school rules and some of these things we can not talk about (paraphrased).  I am not accusing but I have heard rumors of coaches getting grades changed to get someone in school but do you think it is possible for a coach to get grades changed to make him academically ineligible to play sports so that scholarships could be opened up for others?

Wow, he said that they never cut anyone because of physical ability and they created their own way out either thru academics, breaking team or school rules and some of these things we can not talk about (paraphrased).  I am not accusing but I have heard rumors of coaches getting grades changed to get someone in school but do you think it is possible for a coach to get grades changed to make him academically ineligible to play sports so that scholarships could be opened up for others?

I don't think a potential recruit or his (or her) parents would mind if grades got changed to make the recruit eligible for college, but if grades got changed to get someone ineligible, I would have to think all hell would break loose.

I am not accusing Bama or Dematha of any wrong doing...I will let you form your own opinion...Again, I am not making any accusations against anyone....

http://www.gazette.net/stories/01212010/lanhspo152502_32550.php

I'm not saying there isn't anything fishy going on here but since it is pure speculation that the money might have come from Bama I figure it is only fair to mention that Dematha is one of the premiere private schools in the country and has a lot of VERY affluent alumni/donors.  So it is not unlikely that this actually could have come from an alumni and is completely above board.

I'm not trying to stick up for bama in this but after all the guilt by suspicion BS Cam went through last year I want to make sure that we make sure we don't stoop to other fanbase's level on rumors like this. 

Archived