Congrats

LSU4ever

It would be nice for one LSU fan to come over here and say congrats without one little extra note complaining about something.

LSU4ever, you may be trying to really be polite and courtious, but why can't one guy come in here and just say it like it is. "You beat us, and good job ref for making them play the game according to the rules."

We lined up like two prize fighters and went at it for 60 minutes. In the end our defense was a hair better and our QB came through. Your's did not.

Why don't we hear anything about how that LSU's defense shouldn't have let us march down the field on them? or that Doucet should have caught the ball to give you a chance? Your players lost the game. period. Our players beat your players. Our coaches out schemed your coaches. There is no need to make any other special remarks.

LSU4ever, I know you were trying to be nice, so this isn't really aimed at you (though you had to thrown in the littel remark to), just the wave after wave of LSU fans who are coming in here making excuses.

It would be nice for one LSU fan to come over here and say congrats without one little extra note complaining about something.

LSU4ever, you may be trying to really be polite and courtious, but why can't one guy come in here and just say it like it is. You beat us, and good job ref for making them play the game according to the rules.

We lined up like to prize fighters and went at it for 60 minutes. In the end our defense was a hair better and our QB came through.

Why don't we hear anything about how that LSU's defense shouldn't have let us march down the field on them? or that Doucet should have caught the ball to give you a chance? Your players lost the game. period. Our players beat your players. Our coaches out schemed your coaches. There is no need to make any other special remarks.

LSU4ever, I know you were trying to be nice, so this isn't really aimed at you (though you had to thrown in the littel remark to), just the wave after wave of LSU fans who are coming in here making excuses.

You may want to re-read my post as I said...

"The call was questionable but we still deserved to lose."

Like I said, you probably don't deserve the blunt end of the stick. You can ignore it. Maybe it is mis-placed. But why even mention the call? The call did not beat LSU. AU beat LSU.

Again, this is not as much to your post as to the body of posts by LSU fans. Why mention the call?

The call was not questionable. It's in the book, ask your coach. The call wasn't even a wrong call...it was blatant. Don't cheapen such a great game with ignorant comments blaming the refs for LSU's loss. That's not fair to everyone who participated in the game.

I did not blame our loss on the call! I just said it was questionable and I know a lot of you guys know it was you just don't want to admit it. You guys played 60 minutes of football and beat us fair and square, its just that the penalty was odd. Again, Great Game.

Please, explain exactly WHAT was "questionable" about "the call".

P L E A S E !!!!!!!!!...........

There. I hope I provided enough space. :D:rolleyes:

guys...he said that we DESERVED to win...stop giving him crap. Put yourself in their position. if we would have lost that game by them missing an extra point and then getting another chance to kick it, i'm sure we would think the same thing. i know thats not why they lost the game but it definently would have gone into OT if not for the call. give it a rest already. we won, so let them be mad about it because they didn't want to lose.

I did not blame our loss on the call! I just said it was questionable and I know a lot of you guys know it was you just don't want to admit it. You guys played 60 minutes of football and beat us fair and square, its just that the penalty was odd. Again, Great Game.

Thanks for the congrats. It was a great game and just adds to the history between the two teams. Folks, we have a bone fide rivalry going here with LSU. This game will be every bit as meaningful to the SEC West title every year as the UT/UF annual grudge match. I love it. :au:

Hmmmmmmmm. I bet if the tables were turned and Aubarn fans were on LSU boards sayin congrats there would probably be some complaining about the call as well. Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't realize there was a double-standard. [/sarcasm]

I do agree though. Yall beat us, but to stereotype LSU fans and go off on the man for sayin congrats....that's lame...congrats on the win from another LSU fan....

We are waiting.........

(jeopardy music playing in the background)

Even though there were 30000 cameras at the game not one, one got a view of the player jumping on a Auburn player. Even if he did the penalty was called late after the kick was missed and it had no effect on the miss either. Should of been tacked on to the kick off but wasn't. Oh well, time to move on and play the next game!

We are waiting.........

(jeopardy music playing in the background)

Even though there were 30000 cameras at the game not one, one got a view of the player jumping on a Auburn player. Even if he did the penalty was called late after the kick was missed and it had no effect on the miss either. Should of been tacked on to the kick off but wasn't. Oh well, time to move on and play the next game!

But the rule clearly states that it results in a replay of the down, no matter when he landed.

The rule has nothing to do with the affecting of a kick but the safety of the players.

Archived