Wonder if we can recruit a guy this accurate?

I watched that. He's pretty amazing, but I bet he might be one of those guys who can do it all as long as there isn't a defense coming at him. That's my only explanation for why he's the third-string QB at UConn.

Looking at the Uconn stats for last year, and he wasn't listed as having any.  There were at least four guys ahead of him who saw playing time.

6-3, 223

Fullerton, Ca.

Was not ranked by Scout or Rivals out of HS. This says a lot since UConn has inked several 2-star QB's over the pass several years.

Sophomore that has appeared in 2 games but has yet to attempt a single pass.

Cool video though.

Impressive...though I'd be willing to bet that Barrett could at least come close. I've said it several times now, but that dude throws a really pretty ball.

While the video is impressive, it reminds me of the Harlem Glober Trotters doing trick shots in basketball......great for the crowd, but it doesn't work so well in the NBA......just sayin'

Impressive...though I'd be willing to bet that Barrett could at least come close. I've said it several times now, but that dude throws a really pretty ball.

I wouldn't mind if Q Carr and D-Lo stepped up and caught Barrett's pretty balls for a lot of touchdowns  ;)

UCONN will be awesome once they recruit a few barrels, door handles and basketball goals. Careful not to go after the barrels, door handles and basketball goals with opposable thumbs. They can't catch for crap with 'em.

Take the video for what it is.....entertainment.  Now, go grab a football and try to duplicate any three of his throws in a row.  Then come back and tell me how many times you tried to duplicate the feat and failed.  Go on.  I have plenty of time to wait until you matched it on tape.  What's that?  You don't give a sheeeet what he can do with a football without a rush coming at him?  That's not the point of the video.  His buddies are showing how accurate the dude is with his cannon of an arm.  Give the dude his props and leave the rest of the crap for bammers and their posts. 

Keep on tossing Johnny and good luck getting to the playing field some day for the UConn Huskies.  :bow:

Take the video for what it is.....entertainment.  Now, go grab a football and try to duplicate any three of his throws in a row.  Then come back and tell me how many times you tried to duplicate the feat and failed.  Go on.  I have plenty of time to wait until you matched it on tape.   What's that?  You don't give a sheeeet what he can do with a football without a rush coming at him?  That's not the point of the video.  His buddies are showing how accurate the dude is with his cannon of an arm.  Give the dude his props and leave the rest of the crap for bammers and their posts. 

Keep on tossing Johnny and good luck getting to the playing field some day for the UConn Huskies.   :bow:

Well said!

So that's what the indoor facility looks like that Burton paid for....

...asked for a refund (fallout from the recent coaching change).  I heard Larry Munson ("whaddya' got Loran?") once say that facility is the single biggest factor for UConn's success in transition from FCS to FBS.  $48 Million (only $16 Million of it privately funded).

I'm headed over to the local high school gym to try and duplicate some of those throws.

That would be cool if we could get him for the fun of it, hehehehe.  I liked the goal post throws and the blindfolded routes.  Good pocket passer.  Hopefully he'll get his playing time.

Take the video for what it is.....entertainment.  Now, go grab a football and try to duplicate any three of his throws in a row.  Then come back and tell me how many times you tried to duplicate the feat and failed.  Go on.  I have plenty of time to wait until you matched it on tape.   What's that?  You don't give a sheeeet what he can do with a football without a rush coming at him?  That's not the point of the video.  His buddies are showing how accurate the dude is with his cannon of an arm.  Give the dude his props and leave the rest of the crap for bammers and their posts. 

Keep on tossing Johnny and good luck getting to the playing field some day for the UConn Huskies.   :bow:

Well put! I just posted this as something to kinda lighten the mood a bit and I thought was pretty entertaining to watch.  The headline was meant to be "tongue in cheek" and nothing else. 

:we:

Archived