Tracy Rocker *** update Today at 11:45:08 AM ***

Auhsv

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"He would be a great fit for any organization" - they are interested, but it did not sound like Tracy is gone yet.

From the new Titans HC on interview with Al Del Greco right now.

That sucks. Looks like we got something to talk about for the next week. So who do we go after if he does indeed leave? Lets get the Texas D-line coach.  ;D

I would hate to see him go.  He is an excellent coach.  If he does go, putting him in the NFL would be great.

On the plus side, it looks great that other college teams can't steal our assistants, but we place them in very lucrative NFL jobs.  Assistants want to work with saban because they want to boost their resume and get better jobs.  The only problem is that saban seems to hold onto them too long and they could lose some of the excitement around them (see Kirby Smart).  These assistants and coordinators seem to get tired of never being "able" to leave.

Auburn could be known as the school that places it's assistants in excellent position to move up (either in position or to the NFL).  We quickly could become a coaching "factory" and have a great pick from talent.  Talented coaches=great recruiting (we've already seen that) and great coaching (we've seen this too).

Just my thoughts.

Auburn assistant Tracy Rocker has talked with Tennessee Titans about becoming the defensive line coach for that NFL team.

New Titans coach Mike Munchak said Wednesday that "we've talked with him and we're real excited about him" during an interview on WJOX in Birmingham.

Rocker, who won the Lombardi Trophy at Auburn in 1988 coached Nick Fairley to the same award in 2010.

"Obviously, he's done a great job as a player and now he's worked his way up through the ranks of coaching, and he's coming off a national championship at Auburn. He'd be a great fit for any organization," Munchak said.

"We need a great defensive line coach, and he'd fit that bill, so I'm very much interested in him."

Auburn has not lost a coach since Gene Chizik was hired in December 2008.

I'd hate to lose him but you can't fault a man for futhering his career.  It's not like he'd be making a lateral move, the jump the NFL is significant.  Thinking longterm, how great would it be for Coach Rocker to go to the NFL for experience and eventually come back to Auburn as a DC?

He'll be a tough tough tough one to replace...but if the job is offered to him he should ABSOLUTELY take the Titans job...an NFL gig in the same position in a great city...you've already helped to win a conference and national title...it's a no brainer at ALL

thanks for everything TROCK! You'll always be an AU man!

When you are a Lombardi winner, have your picture on the stadium and then come back to coach another Lombardi winner, I think he has the right to go anywhere he wants. He has made his contributions to Auburn and we thank him greatly but if he thinks the Titans is a better fit for him then I wish him the very best and thanks for everything he had done here.

Archived