AU v UGA Game Thread

around4ever

Denson with 2 more, he has 16 of our 43.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't seen Armstrong this half. Chubb and Forbes are totally outmanned. Something has got to be up with Ty.

Ah, there he is. Just in time to foul. Ha!

I haven't seen Armstrong this half. Chubb and Forbes are totally outmanned. Something has got to be up with Ty.

Armstrong comes in and promptly mauls a Ga player, sending him to the line

Armstrong spins baseline and somehow tries to go off of the glass from that angle and misses, and then lets him man catch the ball under the rim for 2 points.  And another foul on Armstrong.

this one is over and is about to get embarrassing, Denson is the only guy on the court who came to play.

Denson, another 2 in transition, but missed the free throw

Barbee must be on some good meds

He isnt even standing up yelling at anyone

I assume he can tell our guys don't have it in them today, Ga still beating us to every loose ball

GA just made their 17th and 18th free throw, we attempted 11 so far.

I would love to see a complete game.   Is a three game winning streak possible? 

Ok, I am now comfortable in answering your question. No would be my guess. Ha!

Armstrong: 0 pts 0 rbs 0 assts 0 stls 0 blks 1 pf

Awesome he wasted a season to come back for nothing.  :banghead:

Yeah, not real sure why he just didn't redshirt. Maybe Barbee isn't bringing him back next year?

Quick question for you guys: We're bringing in 3 (maybe 4) recruits in this signing class. IF all our recruits get into school, and you add the two transfers, somebody that's on scholarship this year won't be back.

Who are ya'll's guesses as to who gets let go? My guesses are Neysmith and one of the big guys (Chubb or Armstrong).

Jake Drum on the stat sheet with a foul. Way to go Jake!

Atta boy Jake. Had about the same stat line as everybody not named Denson today.  :thumbsup:

They just did n't play with the intensity, that they have been....We need a strong big guy BAD!!!!! We look so

weak.....

We need a point guard too, one that can make more happen. And can also be a threat to shoot

It will be very interesting to see how our scholarships are distributed next season. Assuming Barbee keeps all the guys that he's had a part in recruiting then we've got:

Chris Denson

Cedrick McAfee

Allen Payne

Josh Langford

Bernard Morena

Willy Kouassi

Plus the guys who were our offense for most of the year, plus transfers and rehabbed guys

Earnest Ross

Kenny Gabriel

Varez Ward

Noel Johnson

Frankie Sullivan

Probably two out of the three current big guys come back. I tend to think Forbes is gone since he was originally recruited by Lebo coupled with the fact he'd be an almost non-factor offensively and a senior.

Ty Armstrong

Rob Chubb

That puts Neysmith and Forbes out. If we somehow got lucky and signed Trevor Lacey then it would get extremely difficult.

It will be very interesting to see how our scholarships are distributed next season. Assuming Barbee keeps all the guys that he's had a part in recruiting then we've got:

Chris Denson

Cedrick McAfee

Allen Payne

Josh Langford

Bernard Morena

Willy Kouassi

Plus the guys who were our offense for most of the year, plus transfers and rehabbed guys

Earnest Ross

Kenny Gabriel

Varez Ward

Noel Johnson

Frankie Sullivan

Probably two out of the three current big guys come back. I tend to think Forbes is gone since he was originally recruited by Lebo coupled with the fact he'd be an almost non-factor offensively and a senior.

Ty Armstrong

Rob Chubb

That puts Neysmith and Forbes out. If we somehow got lucky and signed Trevor Lacey then it would get extremely difficult.

I think Neysmith is gone. The second one becomes kinda tricky and I have to agree with how u broke this down. Barbee's not gonna get rid of any guys he signed. I'm really interested to see if Willy Koussai can come in and start at center. We need some kind of prescence down low

Neysmith, IMO definitely gone...no discussion, period, end of story. 

Chubb has to go.  He had one good game, 2 or 3 okay games, and the rest of the time he was a non factor.  He makes poor decisions with the ball, he fouls too much, he is 6'10 and brings the ball to his waist (or dribbles it) in the lane, and is just not good.  I think we could use his scholarship elsewhere. 

Do you think either of these two guys would have made the roster at any other SEC school?

Archived