this is gnna be a long season

we're getting guys on base but we're not getting them to score,  and guess what sec play is next week so a winntomorrow is important for motivation heading into sec play

:timeout:

I think it's too early for the doom and gloom just yet.....

i just said that because being swept reminds me too much of tom slater coached games

Auburn was 11-5 last season after getting swept by ASU. We're 10-5 right now. We'll be fine. Let's get it tomorrow!!!

Say what you want, but I think this team is right there with ASU talent wise. Yesterday was a fluke, and if you weren't at the game and just watching on gametracker, you really shouldn't say anything. That's like someone checking the scores for our basketball team but never watching them and seeing we've been losing and saying our team got worse as the season progressed. There were weird hops, umpire interferences, terrible, horrible calls, and just plain awkwardness. This team is better than last year's team. At the end of the year, our record WILL reflect that statement

I was in Auburn for the first two games and, going in to this weekend, was hoping our guys would take two of three.  Remember, .667 is a great record in baseball and given the quality of the ASU team, I believed that two of three would be a good result.  I put my greatest hopes on Fri and Sunday with Luckie and Varnadore pitching.  IMO, we wasted Luckie's outing with our poor fielding in the top of the 6th coupled with some terrible breaks in the top of the 9th.  Yesterday was a different story and our pitching was just not good enough.  I am looking forward to seeing our guys come thru to salvage one game from the series.

:wareagle:

Auburn takes game three 10-8! Huge win. Now we are on pace with the same record as last year at this point: 11-5. Overall it was a very competitive series.

We made some very bad mistakes in the Friday night and Sat game. Even a few today. The Sat game should have been our win. If our pitching will just get better, we will be OK.

Love my baseball!

:believe:      :wedance:

we're getting guys on base but we're not getting them to score,  and guess what sec play is next week so a winntomorrow is important for motivation heading into sec play

The season is early. I was living in in Tempe Arizona in my teens the year Barry Bonds carried them to the CWS, it was fun to watch (man was he skinny before steroids). They are and have been a baseball power for decades and playing them now is more about experience and competition then wins, although winning is obviously the goal. Auburn will only get better as the year progresses and has a real shot at the CWS if the post season games go our way...

Archived