Auburn @ JSU

Auburn head to JSU for the 2nd game of a home and home. Andrew Morris gets his first start of the year tonight, and could very well be playing for a spot in the weekend rotation with how Luckie has looked lately. I'm leaving AU for Jacksonville, so I won't be able to post anything until after the game, when I'll try to give a recap of how Morris does. War Eagle!

JSU used to be a great baseball program. I am related to one of their pitchers from the good old days. He was drafted by the Giants. How did their program fall so far? What in the heck happened after Rudy Abbot left?

JSU used to be a great baseball program. I am related to one of their pitchers from the good old days. He was drafted by the Giants. How did their program fall so far? What in the heck happened after Rudy Abbot left?

I'm not so sure that its dropped too terribly much. They are 14-5 on the year and were OVC Champs in 08. They've finished 1st or 2nd in the OVC 3 out of the last 4 years.

McElroy extended his hitting streak?

Top of the 9th McElroy is 1 for 3 so far.  I think they need to put Fradejas back in Center.  He is faster and can cover more turf and his arm seems more accurate. 

I'm not so sure that its dropped too terribly much. They are 14-5 on the year and were OVC Champs in 08. They've finished 1st or 2nd in the OVC 3 out of the last 4 years.

That's good to hear, but not quite back to where they used to be. Rudy Abbott left big shoes to fill.

http://media.www.thechanticleeronline.com/media/storage/paper670/news/2004/11/04/Sports/Rudy-Abbott.To.Be.Inducted.Into.Alabama.Sports.Hall.Of.Fame-795523.shtml

Archived