Auburn @ JSU

I'm telling ya'll, this bullpen scares me to death. Can't understand why Pawlowski can't find any decent arms for the bullpen.

A coach can only do so much.. its up to the pitchers to execute their pitches. He's putting them in a position to be successful.

As I keep saying this team is a bullpen away from being in Omaha. We have everything else but Wallen can't pitch every late game moment. Ray needs to step up as does Blatt. It's pathetic how many times we've either blown leads or almost lost games cuz we don't have guys that can finish. Proud of Morris though. We definately have 4 solid starters. I say move Slade to the pen and see what he can do

Alright, so here's my story of the night. JS and I left Auburn around 4 heading to Jacksonville. The drive sucked, it was all backroads. After 2 and a half hours (which should've only taken 2, damn people who don't know the left lane is for passing) we get to campus and the stadium. We get there, and are in awe. Not because how nice it is, but how crappy it is. My high school field was loads better. The thing sits like maybe 100 people, and that's all the bleachers there are, the rest just have to stand on the fence. So we settle down out behind right field and watch the game. Morris was outstanding. He went 6 innings of shutout ball and just ran outta gas in the 7th. He was straight nasty most of the time, but he does have a tendency to elevate his pitches, but once he gets that down, he'll be right up there with Varnadore. Then Slade came in and let two more runs come in, and Ray and Ortman gave up the rest. In the 9th, after Creede and Wacker are out, Hargs and Fradejas get on, and Casey hits a bomb to dead center which is caught literally a foot from the fence. If he had hit it just 5 or 10 feet to the left, it woulda been long gone. But that was the game. After having only one rude fan, we head back out, and while on the road we find a fart soundboard, which kept us busy for quite a while. About halfway back, we get pulled over. The cop clocked us going 70 in a 55. Then he sees that we're Auburn fans, lets us go, and even put our tag on the car (he hadn't put the new one on yet). He was one of the coolest cops ever. I just got back to town, and overall, even though we lost, it was well worth it just to see Morris pitch. He's the real deal. My guess is, he'll start the Friday game of the Vandy series, especially if Luckie stumbles against Mississippi State

Oh, and those complaining about the bullpen, there's a reason we didn't pitch our best arms. Honestly I was surprised we pitched Slade or Sean at all. Just like in football you don't play Cam in the 4th quarter against La Monroe, there's no reason to pitch Wallen or Blatt tonight, since this game honestly doesn't matter much at all

WOW!  What a night.  'First time I've been pulled over in like 8 years.  I used to get pulled over about once every two weeks before that, though.  Anyways, believe me, guys... there is no need to be concerned over that one game.  If Paw had felt it was crucial then Wallen and Blatt would've come in and shut that team down when Morris made his exit.  He's gotta give those guys chances when he can.  It's all good, although it would be nice to see a few more arms step it up. 

Good times, though.  I love me some road trips!  How sweet is it to get let off by a cop and as you're departing, get a big War Eagle!!! from him???  HAHA!  That was great!

Oh, and those complaining about the bullpen, there's a reason we didn't pitch our best arms. Honestly I was surprised we pitched Slade or Sean at all. Just like in football you don't play Cam in the 4th quarter against La Monroe, there's no reason to pitch Wallen or Blatt tonight, since this game honestly doesn't matter much at all

True but you also don't lose to La Monroe (unless ur bama of course!) and I bet Cam would play if we were losing. I'm just tired of us throwing away midweek games. I have complete confidence this team will compete for a regional and the SEC title but we have to have somebody besides Wallen that can come in and shut things down. I think we all agree we are a really good team now we need to become an elite team and for that to happen someone in the bullpen needs to step up.

this baseball team is gonna break some peoples hearts  during sec play, this baseball team,  has a no quite attidtued under coach paw, if slater was coach this team would've hanged up its boots by now

True but you also don't lose to La Monroe (unless ur bama of course!) and I bet Cam would play if we were losing. I'm just tired of us throwing away midweek games. I have complete confidence this team will compete for a regional and the SEC title but we have to have somebody besides Wallen that can come in and shut things down. I think we all agree we are a really good team now we need to become an elite team and for that to happen someone in the bullpen needs to step up.

I see what you are saying here and agree somewhat. However, I would like to point out that No. 10 LSU lost to ULL 10-5 this week.  Midweek games are kinda like a buffer.

Archived