Jordan Jenkins

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Living in a town full of engineers, I can tell you that you might as well get a University of Phoenix engineering degree online over a UA engineering degree.  Their program is NOT respected by the major companies. 

Length vs. Height

Two Alabama Engineering students were tasked to measure the height of a flag pole as a class assignment. They decided to measure the flag pole outside of Legion Field at the south end of the stadium. While attempting this task one student would hold the tape while the other climbed the flag pole with the other end of the tape. Much to their disappointment the student climbing the pole kept sliding down and could not get to the top.

An astute Auburn graduate was observing from a distance and suggested that the Alabama students disconnect the flag pole and measure the pole while on the ground.

The Alabama students enraged by the suggestion yelled out " We want to know how tall it is not how long it is you idiot"

:we:

I was offered a partial ride to go to Bama and major in engineering.  They were trying to build up their school and improve their entering GP and ACT/SAT averages.  I visited the school with five other academic nerds from my home town.  They got one of the six on the trip (just cared about football - Bear years), GT got two, and Auburn got three.  The people were nice, but the facilities were awful.

We shouldn't lose a recruit who seriously wants to be an engineer and play big time college football.

I was offered a partial ride to go to Bama and major in engineering.  They were trying to build up their school and improve their entering GP and ACT/SAT averages.  I visited the school with five other academic nerds from my home town.  They got one of the six on the trip (just cared about football - Bear years), GT got two, and Auburn got three.  The people were nice, but the facilities were awful.

We shouldn't lose a recruit who seriously wants to be an engineer and play big time college football.

Well we may lose to another good engineering school in UF.

Uf and uat do not hold a candle to auburn engineers.  Miss st has some good engineering disciplines.  Ga tech is the class of the south.  But if you want to pair elite football with engineering, architecture and building science then there is zero competition to auburn in the south.

Uf and uat do not hold a candle to auburn engineers.  Miss st has some good engineering disciplines.  Ga tech is the class of the south.  But if you want to pair elite football with engineering, architecture and building science then there is zero competition to auburn in the south.

Well I did a ranking search and UF was 30th in the nation overall in engineering. And we dont know what specific field in engineering JJ wants. And in promoting AU you forgot to mention AU was the first school to have a wireless engineering program.

From an ESPN report, so TIFWIW

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/recruiting/football/story/_/id/7411728/jordan-jenkins-armour-all-america-game

One team that has quietly remained in the mix is Auburn. The Tigers have been communicating with Jenkins since early in the process, and for Jenkins, they have something no other team has.

"There's no place I have been to that has that homey feeling more than Auburn," Jenkins said. "It really is like family there and I love that about them. I really do. When those coaches came to my house and did an in-home visit, it felt like my cousins coming over. It's so easy with them. I have such a great relationship with the coaches there. I also like the fact that it's so close to home for me and my family."

"As soon as I get back we will all sit down and talk about all four schools and all the important factors," Jenkins said. "I will look at the statistics and the engineering schools. It's not all about football for me. It's everything, including the relationships."

If it is true, I like our chances. If we could get him and EG to go with the other D-Linemen we have then the offenses wouldn't have time to get to the LBs and DBs.

We should be desperate for just about any player I believe. We need to build this class up quickly.

We are still in the top 15 with several big recruits we have a good chance at. JJ is not a "take who we can recruit". He is one of the top in the nation.

jenkins is the best defensive lineman in the game tonight,and that is saying a lot with all of the talent on field

Leonard Williams is not bad either. 

jenkins is the best defensive lineman in the game tonight,and that is saying a lot with all of the talent on field

Casher? Ward? Mario Edwards? Goldman?

i can't believe all of the talent on the defensive lines in this game and a few of them look college football ready,too

We should be desperate for just about any player I believe. We need to build this class up quickly.

:laugh:  Drunk typing is never a good idea.

What is the % that we land Jordan Jenkins? Mods, Jonesy? I have a sneaky feeling that we can land this guy due to our engineering program and location. I guess you can say we are a dark horse for his commitment.

A bunch of Florida coaches are visiting him tonight. I believe bammer loses out on this one to Florida. Just my gut feeling. I hope you are right about our chances going up on this guy.

Archived