Jordan Jenkins

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will go with my gut like I finally did With Ward and Collins. JJ to do the Chomp Chomp clap on Monday. His dad is wanting Florida. And the announcement date has nothing to do with the BCS title game. JJ had scheduled his announcement for Tuesday but Scout and Fox Sports got him to change to Monday to promote their new recruiting show.

I would love to get Jenkins, but he is ua bound. The timing of his commitment is to uncanny.

I was thinking the same thing...... :cool:

I really hope we get Jenkins AND Williams. I know a lot of people have talked about our depth at end, but we struggled with our pass rush all year. If lemonier didn't get to the qb no one did.

So lets get them both in and williams already has the size and physicality we are lacking at SDE and jenkins can redshirt if necessary while ford backs up WDE for one more year.

obviously I am wrong then

It won't be the first time....  ;D

Not saying the coaches won't move a commit, just would seem that LW gets to start practice @DE. Only time a BIRD is wrong is when he leaves a "present" on my car-

thought i read on tos that jenkins' education is a big part of his decision.  if he wants to get an engineering degree, then bama is out.  plain and simple Au and Fl have vastly superior engineering programs.  he mentioned he liked the family feel with Auburn.  So you have "Family" at Auburn versus growing up in a house that rooted for Florida.

Seems like an interesting recruiting battle.  (but of course kouandjo really, really wanted to be an architect ... so logically he picked bama who has no architecture program ...)

thought i read on tos that jenkins' education is a big part of his decision.  if he wants to get an engineering degree, then bama is out.  plain and simple Au and Fl have vastly superior engineering programs.  he mentioned he liked the family feel with Auburn.  So you have "Family" at Auburn versus growing up in a house that rooted for Florida.

Seems like an interesting recruiting battle.  (but of course kouandjo really, really wanted to be an architect ... so logically he picked bama who has no architecture program ...)

Meh, I bet bama could guarantee him a very high-paying job in engineering upon graduation -- whether he gets his actual degree or not.

Meh, I bet bama could guarantee him a very high-paying job in engineering upon graduation -- whether he gets his actual degree or not.

i know some real estate developers that i wouldnt put this past ...

Come on, guys.  He's picking between football programs and schools.  Bama's not a bad school, even for engineering.  If he goes there and plays there, finding a job will not be a problem.  And the football program is doing great.  This is four straight years of Bama being outstanding.

Let's stay positive and hope we win the kid.  If he goes elsewhere, God bless him.

UAT is plowing a lot of $ into their engineering program.  I know kids that go there now.  It's easier than AU, I know this is a fact, but they won't have any trouble selling that they can put him into an engineering curriculum.

FWIW. JJ says he has the same family feeling at Florida.

UAT is plowing a lot of $ into their engineering program.  I know kids that go there now.   It's easier than AU, I know this is a fact, but they won't have any trouble selling that they can put him into an engineering curriculum.

i hire engineers ... Auburn engineers are superior to bama engineers in technical abilities and intangibles. Period.  UAB engineers are superior to bama engineers in intangibles (i chalk this up to being more of a commuter school with mature/older engineering students).  As far as Florida engineers (I am from there and worked there many years) they are very good technically and generally with intangibles, but my experience would still rate Auburn above Florida.

Now remember this is simply from personal experience, nothing else.

There was no way he was ever going to make it through one of the country's elite architecture programs and play college football.  Not going to happen.  This is a program that often demands 70+ hours a week of your time AT STUDIO (not at home) and feeds students to the best architecture firms nationwide and graduate programs at Ivy League schools.  The two lives don't mix and he would be a terrible designer if he had tried it.

What COULD be the difference is us hiring a top notch highly regarded coordinator that prepares college palyers for the NFL.  I can't imagine that we can make much headway, especially competing with other elite football programs, until we have our coordinators on board.

There was no way he was ever going to make it through one of the country's elite architecture programs and play college football.  Not going to happen.  This is a program that often demands 70+ hours a week of your time AT STUDIO (not at home) and feeds students to the best architecture firms nationwide and graduate programs at Ivy League schools.  The two lives don't mix and he would be a terrible designer if he had tried it.

My GS has been in AU engineering for two years while playing football at Auburn and right now is on track to graduate early with a 3.4 or so GPA, I might add. So never say that it can't be done.

My GS has been in AU engineering for two years while playing football at Auburn and right now is on track to graduate early with a 3.4 or so GPA, I might add. So never say that it can't be done.

You are to be congratulated!  That is quite a feat!  Must be a special kid!

:we:

UAT is plowing a lot of $ into their engineering program.  I know kids that go there now.   It's easier than AU, I know this is a fact, but they won't have any trouble selling that they can put him into an engineering curriculum.

i hire engineers ... Auburn engineers are superior to bama engineers in technical abilities and intangibles. Period.  UAB engineers are superior to bama engineers in intangibles (i chalk this up to being more of a commuter school with mature/older engineering students).  As far as Florida engineers (I am from there and worked there many years) they are very good technically and generally with intangibles, but my experience would still rate Auburn above Florida.

Now remember this is simply from personal experience, nothing else.

I agree.  The kids I know are bright kids but they are double or even triple majoring at Bama.  You cannot do that at AU in Engineering.  I'm an AU EE and ONE major was almost more than I could handle!

He is and I'm just a little proud of him.

He is and I'm just a little proud of him.

Need to get him hooked up with mustache eagle!

Devil, very true.  I worked my tail off as a CE; but architecture, building science and graphic folks really do throw themselves into their projects and studio.  It would take a very, very special person to do it.  heck it may be the very reason CK went the way he did ... may have found out that arch was not practical so he went elsewhere.

Archived