Jordan Jenkins

Would love to know what the article on 247 says about Chiz's visit. And no, I don't want to pay for a subscription. :)

Per 24/7 Sports.com

“It was great to see him here,” Jenkins said. “I had a head coach from a top SEC school come out and see me and also open up chances for my teammates to be discovered. It really meant a lot having him here.”

Jenkins said that AU, among others (meaning UGa and UT I'm assuming, since they're the other two teams in his "top 5"), still "have a shot"... and he says that the Tigers are "not that far back"... which I think is a pretty good sign considering that a month or so ago, it was UA, UF, or bust! AU has made up significant ground, and I think the coaches taking the angle of recruiting Jenkins' teammates (who are VERY good prospects as well), like 2013 recruit Jay Ellison, who AU has already offered, and 2014 prospects Tae Crowder and TaQuon Marshall, is certainly starting to pay off. I expect AU to draw even closer to UA and UF after this weekend, as Jenkins is scheduled to attend the game vs Miss St.

B. Matthews indicated something today about AU offering a 2014 RB - I assume that was the Marshall kid you mentioned above? Also (off topic), did we make DGB's cut?

DGB didn't make anything public, but he schedule an OV Oct. 14-16 for the UF Game. Which is being called Boom Weekend by Rivals. Not only for the return of Boom Muschamp, but for the HUGE list of Official visitors scheduled!

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DGB didn't make anything public, but he schedule an OV Oct. 14-16 for the UF Game. Which is being called Boom Weekend by Rivals. Not only for the return of Boom Muschamp, but for the HUGE list of Official visitors scheduled!

Oh AWESOME! I didn't hear that DGB had scheduled an OV with us. Any idea of his other OV's yet? Or any idea of who else we can expect to visit for the UF game? Great info.

I want to win them all of course, but we HAVE to win the UF game.  Like said, with the brutal schedule and most big games on the road, it would be a nice signature win for Chizik this year as well as present an awesome atmosphere for these stud recruits.  Until of course, we smack around the turds in JHS!  WDE! 

• 3 weeks later...

We might as well focus our attention on talking about other recruits...jenkins will not be an auburn tiger.

If he waits until his visit we could have a chance. He said we are slighty under bama and uf

I wouldn't say we're out of it just yet. If/when we get him in for his OV we'll have a shot, you all know that. I will say this though, things look a lot better for us with Channing Ward!

I wouldn't say we're out of it just yet. If/when we get him in for his OV we'll have a shot, you all know that. I will say this though, things look a lot better for us with Channing Ward!

Where are you getting this from? The only place I've seen that says we're in the running for him is here.

• 5 weeks later...

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/recruiting/football/story/_/id/7152231/jordan-jenkins-seeking-more-just-football-college

Free article on ESPN. Seems Chizik gave Jenkins something to think about. Sounds like we still have a shot.

I hope so because we need him!

meh....i've written him off (for my own sanity's sake). I hope to be pleasantly surprised though.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/recruiting/football/story/_/id/7152231/jordan-jenkins-seeking-more-just-football-college

Free article on ESPN. Seems Chizik gave Jenkins something to think about. Sounds like we still have a shot.

I hope so because we need him!

meh....i've written him off (for my own sanity's sake). I hope to be pleasantly surprised though.

I wouldnt write him off! This statment makes me feel like Auburn is his leader and thats where he will be come Feb.

"With Jenkins' father, Ronald, having gone through this process as a defensive end, the family has been able to differentiate between who wants Jenkins simply as a player, and who has that same structured home environment coupled with the willingness to develop him as a productive young man to society along with being a great football player. Both Jenkins and his family note the importance of finding a program that makes his personal and physical development a priority."

"I want to feel like I can confide in a coach and have a similar relationship to what I have in my family," Jenkins said. "My dad is strict in my life and my mom is also strict in some things, so I am used to having authority figures in my life that I am supposed to respect. They are there for a reason, so I just make sure to respect the teachers and coaches and all of the adults in my life."

That could be alot of teams..

Well Nick Saban has proved 14 times over that if you don't produce on the field regardless of your production in the class room you are gone! So you can rule them out!

Well Nick Saban has proved 14 times over that if you don't produce on the field regardless of your production in the class room you are gone! So you can rule them out!

Actually if I may play devil's advocate. Strict is one of the key words in your quote. Saban is about as strict and structured as it gets. Just saying.

Guest Tigereagle03

Actually if I may play devil's advocate. Strict is one of the key words in your quote. Saban is about as strict and structured as it gets. Just saying.

This is what im saying..

But Saban also only cares about talent level and not about the players future if he doesnt excel on the field!

the family has been able to differentiate between who wants Jenkins simply as a player, and who has that same structured home environment coupled with the willingness to develop him as a productive young man to society along with being a great football player.

Do you think Saban had this in mind with all the kids he has kicked to the curb to make room for the next guy simply because they didnt pan out on the field? Nope!

Coaches make their money by getting good players on the field and winning with them. It's nice to think Auburn is any different, but we really aren't. If Jenkins was 5 inches shorter we wouldn't care so much about his future role in society.

My point here is that it's not worth arguing these things when it comes to recruiting.

• 2 weeks later...

Apparently he named a top 3 of AU, Florida and bama in no order after his bama visit.

Looks like we made a move with his last visit.

True but will still be hard to pry him away from bama.

Yea, its going to be very difficult to get him from Bama.  I really wish we could get a just dominating defensive recruiting class.  Don't get me wrong, we've had some very good defensive classes, but not one with just a dominating presence.

Archived