Jordan Jenkins

He is announcing tomorrow night, so it could be a way for the school to get it out while everyone is all watching football. But I guess saban could have it setup so if they are getting beat that they will still look good.

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Muschamp not meeting with JJ as he was reported to be doing yesterday hurts the Gators here. With it being another dead period now I am feeling uat is in the driver's seat unfortunately.

Do you know the dead/contact period schedule from now through NSD?

This dead period end Jan 12th.

Muschamp not meeting with JJ as he was reported to be doing yesterday hurts the Gators here. With it being another dead period now I am feeling uat is in the driver's seat unfortunately.

Ok, thank you. And then I think it is open until right before NSD?

He is announcing tomorrow night, so it could be a way for the school to get it out while everyone is all watching football. But I guess saban could have it setup so if they are getting beat that they will still look good.

Good PR move, strategically orchestrated for maximum impact/visibility.  

Somebody dang sure knows how to keep the wheels turning in the right direction over there.

Somebody dang sure knows how to keep the wheels turning in the right direction over there.

Who says he is committing to them?  Besides, I have not seen anything about it being televised so I'm not sure how much visibility it will have with the BCS NCG on. 

A quiet period starts Jan 29 and then the dead period starts the 30th and then goes through NSD. It gives us a couple of weeks.

A quiet period starts Jan 29 and then the dead period starts the 30th and then goes through NSD. It gives us a couple of weeks.

Good to know, appreciate it.

Who says he is committing to them?  Besides, I have not seen anything about it being televised so I'm not sure how much visibility it will have with the BCS NCG on. 

Someone mentioned that he was announcing on a new FOX show, so they were the ones that decided the timing of his announcement. So that is not to say that he won't commit to Alabama, but it also doesn't look to be timing orchestrated by UAT.

New article on him from 247 sports, anyone can summarize it? it says that he he is making his decision tomarrow night and that we are in the thick of it :we:

That's pretty much all it says.  They don't know where he's leaning.

This sounds pretty good to me.  :dunno:

On Auburn

“They have such a great family feel to them. A lot of the players, it seems like most of the players, are from the area. It’s only about an hour from my house. It just feels like home to me. I have such a great relationship with the coaches there. I also like the fact that it’s so close to home for me and my family. The changes in coaches has had no impact on my process.”

Read more here: http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/2012/01/05/1881125/harris-county-defensive-end-jordan.html#storylink=cpy

This sounds pretty good to me.   :dunno:

On Auburn

“They have such a great family feel to them. A lot of the players, it seems like most of the players, are from the area. It’s only about an hour from my house. It just feels like home to me. I have such a great relationship with the coaches there. I also like the fact that it’s so close to home for me and my family. The changes in coaches has had no impact on my process.”

Read more here: http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/2012/01/05/1881125/harris-county-defensive-end-jordan.html#storylink=cpy

ohh I like reading that.  :wedance:

On Auburn

I really like that he has been talking about engineering and wanting a family feel where ever he goes too. If it is more than an hour to UGA's campus from his home then I like our chances alot. Plus it would be great timing for the announcement if bama is getting beat and he picks us tomorrow night.

On Auburn

I kinda wish I had not read this. I'm not sure I have what it takes to be a message board member :-[

This is shaping up to be one of those Charlie Brown and Lucy kind of things. You know.....snatch the ball away at the last moment!

On Auburn

That paragraph sounded great until I read the quote where he said he is going to play OLB In college. He is the quintessential 3-4 OLB. 6'4"' 240'lbs. He would play DE for us. He's going to Bama or UGA.

On Auburn

That paragraph sounded great until I read the quote where he said he is going to play OLB In college. He is the quintessential 3-4 OLB. 6'4"' 240'lbs. He would play DE for us. He's going to Bama or UGA.

He only said that OLB is what UGA coach expected him to play in college and that they told him it was easy to transition to that from a HS DE. He didn't say he was wanting to play OLB. If he wants to be a DE then that would hurt them.

On Auburn

I haven't seen that quote in there.  Not saying its not there, but I haven't caught it.

Another interesting quote

"On being pressured by fellow players at the event to commit to their choice

“Reggie Ragland (an inside linebacker), Brandon Green (an offensive tackle) have been trying to get me to go to Alabama, and Marcus Maye and LaTroy Pittman were trying to get me to Florida. I stood my ground"

Of course.. all of this more than likely means absolutely nothing haha.

I haven't seen that quote in there.  Not saying its not there, but I haven't caught it.

“Reggie Ragland (an inside linebacker), Brandon Green (an offensive tackle) have been trying to get me to go to Alabama, and Marcus Maye and LaTroy Pittman were trying to get me to Florida. I stood my ground"

I didn't even catch that. That makes it seem like they were trying to convince him UA and UF was better than where he was going but he told them they weren't. But he still could be playing everyone.

On Auburn

True, but what do we have to resort to other than rumors and speculation during The Dark Period between the end of college football and the beginning of MLB.  :tease:

On Auburn

True, but what do we have to resort to other than rumors and speculation during The Dark Period between the end of college football and the beginning of MLB.  :tease:

Very True.  :bow:

On Auburn

Very True.   :bow:

:laugh: We'll get through this together. Stay strong.

The thing that sticks out to me is him saying i hope everyone respects my decision because I am trying to do whats best for me.

That just says no to Uat (depth wise)

But maybe he thinks a dodge charger in college is best for him

The thing that sticks out to me is him saying i hope everyone respects my decision because I am trying to do whats best for me.

That just says no to Uat (depth wise)

But maybe he thinks a dodge charger in college is best for him

I actually think that screams Alabama.  He is trying to get the home state people to lay off.

Archived