Where was Mama and Daddy?

CCTAU

The parents of these two idiots should be run out of town. Remember, as a parent, it is your right to be in every part of your childs life. Be their "friend" and let them have their "privacy" and you too could end up with one of these little darlings. Never say my kid wouldn't do that, know where they ar every minute so that you can see the signs of any thing bad happening. And to the accomplices in murder who got the guns for these idiots, they should still be rotting in jail.

Killer Video

I am with CCTAU too - my parents weren't terribly nosy, but you can be DAMN sure that they knew where I was, and who I was with at all times. But more importantly, I KNEW that if I screwed up, there would be consequences - no doubt. And there always were - but that "fear" (if you want to call it that - I was not AFRAID of my parents per se, but I am sure you all know what I mean) was always there, in the back of my mind, and whenever I thought I might be getting into a situation that I shouldn't be in, it was sufficient motivation to make me want to get the hell out of Dodge before things went too far. THAT is a healthy parent child relationship - because on the other end of the spectrum, I knew I could also count on them to be there and support me in everything, no matter the situation I found myself in, good or bad.

More importantly, I just never wanted to disappoint them - no overly high expectations or pressure from them, but I knew they loved me and trusted me to make good decisions based on how I was raised, and I just wanted them to be proud of me. And it must have worked.

These parents screwed up somewhere.

I agree. My parents were just like yours Jenny. Now that I am on my own, they are the greatest source of advice and comfort. I really respect my parents for all they have given me. It makes me feel for the kids that did this horrible thing b/c they didn't get to experience great parents!

I think it always comes back to the parents. I mean its the parents job to raise their childern. Im not saying they should take full responsibility but they should take some.

WARR EAGLE

One has to wonder if you have ever been a parent.

Excuse me and my three children. Who btw have no privacy. If the door is closed, I knock and enter. If it happens to be locked, I still knock and enter, may have to knock it down, but not a problem. Had to take the door off the hinges and leave it off of one of my children's room in order for him to understand.

And just let me say that if my child had a sawed off barrel of a shotgun on his dresser, I would have noticed it the first day. So as we look at parenting skills, lets make sure you know that the longer you try to be "friends" with your children, your authority erodes. Its not hard being a parent if you have their best interest and development in mind. We've got too many coddled children cluttering up an unproductive society already.

Archived