Auburn vs UT Game 3

Slade was tearing it up there until the 9th. there's no reason to take him out before them. I swear, some people just don't understand baseball. This is football or basketball or any other sport, and you can't treat it as such. If we can't get a run after leaving the bases loaded, is it Paw's fault? If Gilmer makes what should be an error that let's them score, is it Paw's fault? If Auburn has a 9 run lead, and no pitcher can do anything about it, is it Paw's fault?

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How many losses does that make that's the head coaches falt? way too many. We lost 1 to Georgia should we shouldn't have then we lost that 3rd game to uat and now the ut series. Not to mention all the mid week games we lost.

How many negative post on Auburn baseball is that for you....too many to count

Some people only post to complain. We had a mediocre year at best. Does it make anyone feel better to repeatedly master and state the obvious? Game threads used to be somewhat fun on this board. That time seems to have sadly passed.

Some people only post to complain. We had a mediocre year at best. Does it make anyone feel better to repeatedly master and state the obvious? Game threads used to be somewhat fun on this board. That time seems to have sadly passed.

Exactly. Last year I had fun updating threads and what not, even when the team lost. This year has been miserable. Next year, there might not be anyone keeping up with the baseball section

How many losses does that make that's the head coaches falt? too many. We lost 1 to Georgia should we shouldn't have then we lost that 3rd game to uat and now the ut series. Not to mention all the mid week games we lost.

I agree. Coach has got to hit better with RISP. He should bench himself IMO.

Say what you will but coaches are supposed to COACH and recruit.  If your players don't perform then either 1) you're not playing the right players 2) you're not recruiting the right players and/or 3) you're not COACHING the players.  

If coaches are just supposed to fill out a lineup card then anybody could do it but that is not supposed to be the case.

Exactly. Last year I had fun updating threads and what not, even when the team lost. This year has been miserable. Next year, there might not be anyone keeping up with the baseball section

Who would blame you? You are a better man than I am, because I would've nuked about most of them  :laugh::bow:

How many losses does that make that's the head coaches falt? way too many. We lost 1 to Georgia should we shouldn't have then we lost that 3rd game to uat and now the ut series. Not to mention all the mid week games we lost.

How many negative post on Auburn baseball is that for you....too many to count

There has definitely been a level of gump that has slipped in here. It amazes me how everything is the coach's fault when we lose. We can't hit with RISP, coach's fault. We commit errors, coach's fault. We don't cover first on a ball to first base, coach's fault. The players have nothing to do with anything. Some people fail to realize a baseball coach or manager has as little to do with the outcome of a game as any on the big three coaches. Football and basketball being the others. As I said the other day, the jump from HS to the college level is the easiest to do in baseball. There is no new O or D to learn. It's the same game since little league, just three more innings. Lack of execution falls into the players hands. It's just that simple! Coach P has had ONE recruiting class. Give the man some time for goodness sakes.

How many losses does that make that's the head coaches falt? too many. We lost 1 to Georgia should we shouldn't have then we lost that 3rd game to uat and now the ut series. Not to mention all the mid week games we lost.

I agree. Coach has got to hit better with RISP. He should bench himself IMO.

Say what you will but coaches are supposed to COACH and recruit.  If your players don't perform then either 1) you're not playing the right players 2) you're not recruiting the right players and/or 3) you're not COACHING the players.  

If coaches are just supposed to fill out a lineup card then anybody could do it but that is not supposed to be the case.

Coach has ONE recruiting class at Auburn. ONE!!!!!!!!!!

I'm amazed at how some of ya'll think nothing at all should be lain at Coach P's feet... Shoulda pulled Smith in the 9th just like bama game

I'm amazed at how some of y'all think everything that this team does wrong is Coach's fault. Can't come through with RISP, must be Paw's fault. I'm not saying CJP isn't responsible for some that's gone wrong this year, but there's a lot more blame to put on the team than on the coach. As WarEagle10 has said multiple times, a head coach in baseball is MUCH less responsible for the team's outcome than is a football or basketball coach.

Personally, I give Coach P credit for turning this team around from 2-7 and making it to Hoover for a second year in a row.....In my opinion we we're going to be a lot less talented team than last years....seems like everybody has forgotten that we missed going to Hoover for 7 years....so while I might disaggree with his last inning calls on pitching for 3 straight final games of series I applaud him for what he got out of this team.

AUFisherman:

I'm amazed at how some of y'all think everything that this team does wrong is Coach's fault. Can't come through with RISP, must be Paw's fault. I'm not saying CJP isn't responsible for some that's gone wrong this year, but there's a lot more blame to put on the team than on the coach. As WarEagle10 has said multiple times, a head coach in baseball is MUCH less responsible for the team's outcome than is a football or basketball coach.

THEN SIT THEIR REAR END ON THE BENCH AND LET SOMEBODY ELSE TRY. WHY DO WE HAVE TO WATCH THE SAME LACK OF EXECUTION AND LACK OF EFFORT WEEK IN AND WEEK OUT? WE QUIT LEAVING GUYS WHO COULDN'T PERFORM IN BASEBALL GAMES IN DIXIE YOUTH!!!!! I KNOW ALL OF THE BLAME ISN'T ON JP, BUT HE'S BY FAR NOT AS INNOCENT AS EVERYBODY WANTS TO MAKE HIM OUT TO BE!!

Apparently you don't need a .500 conference recored to get in the NCAA tourney after all. I read that was the case a week or so ago on here. The announcer in the SC/turd game said the turds wouldn't host a first round series, but would be in the NCAA somewhere. They didn't finish with a .500 conf. record. The announcer in the OM/ARKY game just said the winner is in the SEC tourney, the loser is out. He said if Arky loses they would still be in NCAA tourney. Neither one of them can finish with a .500 conference record with a W today.

I think you must have a .500 overall record to make the ncaa regional. Not conference record the overall record.

Well that makes much more sense. Somebody on here said it was a .500 conference record. We should make a regional then. We probably will have to travel a good ways for it though.

AuburnTigers1

Please inform me who you would exactly throw out there to take a swing at things... I find it amusing that you believe your judgement of this baseball team is better than CJP's judgement.

As of right now, we are the 7 seed. OM up 3-2 in bottom of 6 at Arky. It's a 7 inning game. Arky has 1st and 2nd with 1 out. OM needs to win this game.

AuburnTigers1

Please inform me who you would exactly throw out there to take a swing at things... I find it amusing that you believe your judgement of this baseball team is better than CJP's judgement.

Coaching or managing after the fact is the easiest thing to do in the world isn't it?  :laugh:

So totally correct.

Truth is players make mistakes, errors,etc...... I get sick of reading all the negative post. Love you win  you win. Hate you when you loose!

I for one am all in!!! I have been since 1977. Win or loose thats just me. Am I dissapointed in the outcome? Duh! Yes!

At the end of the day do I love Auburn any less because of the loss? HELL NO!!!!

I for one fish want to thank you for keeping us updated. I wouldnt have blamed you if you had stopped earlier in the season.

Trust me , the baseball team is heading in the right direction. Give Paw some time.

So totally correct.

Truth is players make mistakes, errors,etc...... I get sick of reading all the negative post. Love you win  you win. Hate you when you loose!

I for one am all in!!! I have been since 1977. Win or loose thats just me. Am I dissapointed in the outcome? Duh! Yes!

At the end of the day do I love Auburn any less because of the loss? HELL NO!!!!

I for one fish want to thank you for keeping us updated. I wouldnt have blamed you if you had stopped earlier in the season.

Trust me , the baseball team is heading in the right direction. Give Paw some time.

I agree with you about your entire post, but want to thank Fish also for keeping us updated on the games. I don't live in the State and will not give JOX the hit. (not sure if this game was on JOX, but have been lead to believe that some games are)

SWestbrookAU:

AuburnTigers1

I'm amused by the fact that a lot of people on here are turning a blind eye to what is going on game in and game out. Who would I throw out there? ANYBODY that would give maximum effort game in and game out and executed once in a while.  Again I will say why are we going with Slater in the 9th when he's sitting at 108 pitches and he just the week before blew it in the same situation? Another poster said managing after the game is easy. Just an FYI I was saying that after the bottom of the 8th. It doesn't take rocket science to figure out we needed to give the ball to someone else. Apparently I'm paying some attention.

So keeping a pitcher in two weekends in a row when he has thrown over 100 pitches is not the coaches fault it's Slades? Give me a break... On the other hand yes we need guys to step up and make plays in the field and with their bats. But this whole we are exempt from criticizing the coach is ridiculous. I love auburn just as much as the other guy and I'm not calling for his head. All I'm saying is take off the shades and realize Coach P has made some boneheaded decisions this year. I still think he is a very capable coach and feel he will get us back to Omaha. But for all 3 years he's been here our defense and pitching has been weak. A lot of these juniors and seniors are kids he brought in from JUCO. In fact most of our successful players so far have been Slater recruits. But I guess this all just means I'm a turd and don't know what I'm talking about....Anyway rant over... Hope guys have their heads on straight for tourney. Let's go to Hoover and win the damn thing!

*Modified. I was advise you don't cuss at or publicly bash a mod in the future. We don't appreciate that

SWestbrookAU:

AuburnTigers1

I'm amused by the fact that a lot of people on here are turning a blind eye to what is going on game in and game out. Who would I throw out there? ANYBODY that would give maximum effort game in and game out and executed once in a while.  Again I will say why are we going with Slater in the 9th when he's sitting at 108 pitches and he just the week before blew it in the same situation? Another poster said managing after the game is easy. Just an FYI I was saying that after the bottom of the 8th. It doesn't take rocket science to figure out we needed to give the ball to someone else. Apparently I'm paying some attention.

So which one of our "stopper's" are you going to go with then? We went to the pen, albeit in a tie game, and that didn't work. I just want to know which pitcher you would have gone with.

So keeping a pitcher in two weekends in a row when he has thrown over 100 pitches is not the coaches fault it's Slades? Give me a break... On the other hand yes we need guys to step up and make plays in the field and with their bats. But this whole we are exempt from criticizing the coach is ridiculous. I love auburn just as much as the other guy and I'm not calling for his head. All I'm saying is take off the shades and realize Coach P has made some boneheaded decisions this year. I still think he is a very capable coach and feel he will get us back to Omaha. But for all 3 years he's been here our defense and pitching has been weak. A lot of these juniors and seniors are kids he brought in from JUCO. In fact most of our successful players so far have been Slater recruits. But I guess this all just means I'm a turd and don't know what I'm talking about....*Modified Anyway rant over... Hope guys have their heads on straight for tourney. Let's go to Hoover and win the damn thing!

You do realize that Coach Paw has one, ONE, recruting class of his own at AU don't you?

If you don't think Slade has been giving it all out there, then your an idiot, especially if you haven't even been watching the games. Slade has pitched beautifully lately, and did the same today. Hell he had a no hitter through 4 innings. He was still pitching very well into the 9th.  And fyi, his name is SLADE not SLATER. Also, hitting the "quote" button when you post makes it alot easier to follow what your saying

Archived