Auburn vs UT Game 3

Fish, you are a much better man than me. I hope you have a great night! Thanks again for keeping us updated. I will check back for the SC game.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So keeping a pitcher in two weekends in a row when he has thrown over 100 pitches is not the coaches fault it's Slades? Give me a break... On the other hand yes we need guys to step up and make plays in the field and with their bats. But this whole we are exempt from criticizing the coach is ridiculous. I love auburn just as much as the other guy and I'm not calling for his head. All I'm saying is take off the shades and realize Coach P has made some boneheaded decisions this year. I still think he is a very capable coach and feel he will get us back to Omaha. But for all 3 years he's been here our defense and pitching has been weak. A lot of these juniors and seniors are kids he brought in from JUCO. In fact most of our successful players so far have been Slater recruits. But I guess this all just means I'm a turd and don't know what I'm talking about....*Modified Anyway rant over... Hope guys have their heads on straight for tourney. Let's go to Hoover and win the damn thing!

You do realize that Coach Paw has one, ONE, recruting class of his own at AU don't you?

He's had two.

2010 - 2011 Class

Brandon Allen                    

Zach Alvord                          

Blake Austin                                    

Brooks Beisner                    

Stafford Booth                      

Tyler Dial                              

Jay Gonzalez                          

Will Irvin                                

Will Kendall                          

Andrew Morris                    

Dillon Ortman                      

Mike Reed                          

Derek Varnadore                

Jay Wade                              

Ethan Wallen                        

2009-2010 Class

Luke Bailey

Justin Bryant

Garrett Bush

Nick Franklin

Cody Martin

Patrick Merkling

Cole Nelson

Patrick Savage

Creede Simpson

Slade Smith

Ryan Welke

Those are the 2 official ones I could find on auburn baseball website. Most of our hitting has come from Slater's guys. Pitching however seems to have come from Coach P. Once again I think Coach P is a MUCH better coach than Slater but he's still gotta show me he can but some guys in the lineup that can be solid hitters. My big point is quit trying to make excuses for the coach and throwing all the kids under the bus. They all deserve equal amount of blame for this lackluster season. They can shut us all up my doing work in the SEC and NCAA tourneys

If you don't think Slade has been giving it all out there, then your an idiot, especially if you haven't even been watching the games. Slade has pitched beautifully lately, and did the same today. Hell he had a no hitter through 4 innings. He was still pitching very well into the 9th.  And fyi, his name is SLADE not SLATER. Also, hitting the "quote" button when you post makes it alot easier to follow what your saying

Wow I'm an idiot for thinking a kid who the past two weekends has gone deep into ballgames and only loss cuz he runs outta gas is playing hard.... He struggled a lot early this year. But as of late has put it together. If we put Ortoman (I butchered that spelling) in and beginning of 9th and he blows the game then I have no problems with Coach P. I'm not sure if you are his son or something but calm down. I have a lot of respect for coach p but he blew the pitching decision just as the guys blew their opportunities to drive guys in. And for your info I've been to a lot of AU games this season and played baseball all the way through high school so I understand the game. If you wanna win championships you gotta hit with RISP, play great D, and pitch at a high level. It's the coaches responsibility to give the guys the tools to do these things and it's the players job to execute. Both have fallen short at times this year just as at other times they've done brilliantly

I wasn't talking about Slater giving maximum effort. Read what I posted. I was talking about the position players that can't execute. I understand arguing a point and sticking with it, but calling someone an idiot or insinuating that someone is an idiot is uncalled for especially from a mod.

Let's just accept that our players didn't play up to their full potential this year as anyone could say. That blame falls primarily on the players, but it also reflects on the coaching. Our players didn't have their best year, and Coach P didn't have his best year. These things happen, especially in baseball, so let's just take it for what it is and move on.

Now we need to get us a win in the SEC tourney. All is not lost.

I need to calm down? A few others need to calm down. I've already been called an ahole in this thread, which is grounds for banning. Normally, questioning what a mod in a way that is insulting is not a good idea, especially in public. If you have a problem with me, address me personally. I'm done with helping out this section. Have fun

Archived