SEC Tournament Auburn vs USC

Absolute must win tomorrow.

This was the third time I have watched us on tv this year. Everybody who has read any of my posts knows I am a huge Coach Paw fan. Nothing has changed. I know the players are trying their hardest. After watching three games I have come to the realization we don't have two SEC calliber pitchers on our staff. We must recruit some arms in here. I was watching the game on CSS. The announcers were talking about how there were a lot less dingers with this new bat. They said 11 of the SEC's schools team ERA's were down this year. 11 out of the 12. Guess who's ERA was higher this year than last year? We need some quality arms in the worst way. You can't have to go out and score 8+ runs every single game and have a good season.

That's kinda what AU did last year. There were so many good hitters that AU was never out of a game. AU did not win due to pitching, and there were too many errors made defensively last season. But the team was so good at the plate that it didn't hurt until post season play.

Now that those big guns are gone, AU is still playing the same way, but there's no huge offensive weapons to keep us in the game. The pitching puts AU in a big hole, and there's no climbing out.

Archived