Troops 'Terrified' of a Kerry Presidency

Tiger in Spain

I did my part today (by absentee ballot) to ensure he doesn't get elected. Hopefully the democrat ambulance chasers won't start their "Toss out the military ballots" crap this election like they did in back in 2000.

Iraq Marine: Troops 'Terrified' of a Kerry Presidency

Newsmax

Tuesday, Sept. 28, 2004 12:51 a.m. EDT

[Excerpt]

U.S. troops on the ground in Iraq are "terrified" at the prospect that Americans back home might elect John Kerry president, a Marine and Iraq veteran who is on his way back to the front lines said Monday.

Asked how Kerry's election would affect troop morale in the combat zone, Lance Cpl. Lawrence Romack told KWEL Midland, Texas, radio host Craig Anderson, "It would destroy it."

"We're pretty terrified of a John Kerry presidency," added Romack, who served with the 1st Marine Tank Battalion in Iraq.

The Iraq war vet said he fears that most of the news coverage is being skewed to make the mission look like a failure in order to give the Kerry campaign a boost.

"What they're trying to do is get Kerry into the White House, because they know he doesn't want us to stay [in Iraq]," he told Anderson.

Asked if Americans back home were getting an accurate picture of what's happening in the war, the Marine corporal said: "No, they're not. It's not even close. All the press wants to report is casualty counts. They don't want to report the progress we're making over there."

Romack noted that in the southern part of the country, Iraqis welcomed U.S. troops when they set up an immunization programs for children, opened schools and began distributing food.

"Almost immediately people were lining up to get their kids shots," he told Anderson.

Contrary to reports that the general population was too afraid to help ferret out insurgents, Romack said, "We had Iraqis pointing out former Baath Party members for us to arrest."

Link

That echos what I hear from the large majority of soldiers I talk too every month. They all think that the media in the US is not giving an truthful account of how successful the mission is. They news only reports the mishaps, but seems to never report what is going right, which outweighs the negative heavily.

That echos what I hear from the large majority of soldiers I talk too every month. They all think that the media in the US is not giving an truthful account of how successful the mission is. They news only reports the mishaps, but seems to never report what is going right, which outweighs the negative heavily.

105831[/snapback]

There is a young navy lieutenant doctor in our training program who recently returned from Iraq who agrees. He is frequently asked to say something negative about the operation in Iraq by more liberal attending doctors but respectfully refuses to do so

Archived