Melvin Ray..

AUnCullman

The hottest program in the country right now, to say the least! And yes, right now, we're hotter than FSU and UTx. Guys are lined up around the block right now. The Coaches have done a GREAT job of evaluating not only ATHLETIC ability, but they're evaluating their PERSONALITIES just as hard. I wouldn't say that they are going through and picking EVERY single player they want, but they are getting to pick through a lot of guys right now.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On Ray or Wilson? As for Ray, I have no idea and just put a new topic on what I heard. I think, have always been told for a month now, that Wilson makes his choice regarding Auburn by June 17. That is what I have been told, take it for what it sworth.

Insider on TOS just confirmed to me that the Ray situation is definitely happening. BUT, he may be iffey at best academically. Also, being told if RW is headed to Auburn, Trotter will transfer to Samford(may be old news I just have never heard it).

As for RW, I was always told we would know by the 17th of June. We will see.

I'm not one to have inside info, but I've heard the same thing (other than Trotter's destination) earlier today,

It would could see that happening for Trotter since one of our key guys that worked with Gus for years is over at Samford now. 

Im still skeptical on todd.. Until somthing he says comes true..

Ouch. Half empty kinda guy eh?

He stated he was being sarcastic later in the thread.

Ha, yeah im coming around to that. So much traffic today that each thread I read takes 2 or 3 pages to catch up...I'm with it now. Thanks SW

Hmm. Ray himself said he would be going back to Alabama. where he made his commitment in 2008.

Hope you are right, but skeptical.

Hmm. Ray himself said he would be going back to Alabama. where he made his commitment in 2008.

He said that a year ago. Unless I missed him saying it again.

He said that a year ago. Unless I missed him saying it again.

Yeah, that going-back-to-bama stuff was old and he was even reported to be going to FSU since that Bama article.  It has to say something very negative about his chances for qualifying that he has bounced around so much in a short period of time.

Todd has good sources. Like sources, sometimes they are wrong and sometimes they aren't. His sources are more right than wrong though.

It would could see that happening for Trotter since one of our key guys that worked with Gus for years is over at Samford now. 

And the fact that 5 of his high school teammates play for Samford.

Insider on TOS just confirmed to me that the Ray situation is definitely happening. BUT, he may be iffey at best academically. Also, being told if RW is headed to Auburn, Trotter will transfer to Samford(may be old news I just have never heard it).

Just my suspicion, but I think signing Wilson may result in Trotter and Mosely both transferring.  If both want to be starters one day, it will look unlikely with Frazier and Pike right behind Wilson.  We might be left pretty thin at QB for two consecutive years as a result. 

Just my suspicion, but I think signing Wilson may result in Trotter and Mosely both transferring.  If both want to be starters one day, it will look unlikely with Frazier and Pike right behind Wilson.  We might be left pretty thin at QB for two consecutive years as a result. 

You never know what could happen, but Malzahn likes to be prepared: Reed, Uzomah, Bray, Florence, and Parks all have one thing in common, they either have or will have played QB for their respective High School teams.  ;)

Not saying they're the best options, not saying they're not. But you've gotta like the options!!

You never know what could happen, but Malzahn likes to be prepared: Reed, Uzomah, Bray, Florence, and Parks all have one thing in common, they either have or will have played QB for their respective High School teams.  ;)

Not saying they're the best options, not saying they're not. But you've gotta like the options!!

Uzomah is the best non-QB option on that list. 

I spoke yesterday of this happening, from the same source who told me about RW. Just sent to me in an email and poached from autigers.com and a Mark Murphy post today the following.

"*On the subject of wide receivers, former pro baseball player Melvin Ray is trying to get himself academically qualified to be a walk-on to the Auburn football team in August. He recently retook his college board test. Ray was a four star prospect at North Florida Christian in Tallahassee in 2008. He signed with Alabama, but chose pro baseball, but he did not make it with the Dodgers organization so he wants to try football. Auburn had previous success with a pro baseball player turned wide receiver (Ronney Daniels).

My RW source was correct on Melvin Ray, will that trend continue?

Archived