2012 5* RB T.J. Yeldon (Alabama signee)

RunInRed

I'm more concerned with what players want to be a part of AU football. If TJ wants to be a turd then so be it, he'll get what he deserves.

I'm trying to figure out what will make Auburn better in the short and long term. Championships are the goal and if Auburn gets the right people then TJ will have been nothing to AU.

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm afraid we are not giving Hart his dues. Kid can run the ball and I felt both he and Blakely were better than Crowell. I still fill this way after seening Crowell for a year at UGA. Crowell is a baller, however Blakely will be as good and likely better. I feel that Hart will be better also. Keep in mind that a between the tackles runner for UAT is not that big of a deal because they normally have a nice hole to run through. Their O-Line won Ingram a Heisman. Hart is better than Ingram in my opinion. Blakely is the best of the three...which is good news.

Our only hope is that he enrolls, hates it, drops out before Signing day and enrolls at Auburn in the Fall.

I'm afraid we are not giving Hart his dues. Kid can run the ball and I felt both he and Blakely were better than Crowell. I still fill this way after seening Crowell for a year at UGA. Crowell is a baller, however Blakely will be as good and likely better. I feel that Hart will be better also. Keep in mind that a between the tackles runner for UAT is not that big of a deal because they normally have a nice hole to run through. Their O-Line won Ingram a Heisman. Hart is better than Ingram in my opinion. Blakely is the best of the three...which is good news.

IF Hart is healthy.  Should be but more an edge runner.  But from what I have read there are other issues with him, off the field.

I'm more concerned with what players want to be a part of AU football. If TJ wants to be a turd then so be it, he'll get what he deserves.

I'm trying to figure out what will make Auburn better in the short and long term. Championships are the goal and if Auburn gets the right people then TJ will have been nothing to AU.

IMHO Channing Ward, Leonard Williams and two more great OL would make AU much better than another RB-

Hmmm so the coaches didn't know until it became public too.... :-\

In any case I'm not worried about AU or facing yeldon.....I do like Javon Robinson's comments about wanting to suit up today :aufb:

IF Hart is healthy.  Should be but more an edge runner.  But from what I have read there are other issues with him, off the field.

^^^This^^^^

There is a reason that bama pulled out all the stops for Yeldon, and it is not his 5*s. 

Hmmm so the coaches didn't know until it became public too.... :-\

In any case I'm not worried about AU or facing yeldon.....I do like Javon Robinson's comments about wanting to suit up today :aufb:

I agree some of you need to cease with the meltdown. Let's get behind Jovon who will be playing in an all American game just like TJ, has size, speed, great change of direction ability and most important..he wants to be an Auburn Tiger. All TJ has over Jovon is a mythical star by some nerd like Jamie Newburg.....

Our only hope is that he enrolls, hates it, drops out before Signing day and enrolls at Auburn in the Fall.

That's far from our " only hope " . I'd think Dyer, Mason, Blakely and Robinson may have a different view from you on this matter.

How big is Blakely?

We list him as 5-9 206. Just for comparison Dyer is listed as 5-9 210.

IMO, the coaches were looking for a between the tackles runner to take Dyers place after next year.

As you can see Mr. Blakely says hello.

Our only hope is that a kid that doesn't want to go to AU hates Bama more than he does AU and grudgingly comes back?

Does anyone REALLY believe he wasn't offered $$$ from REC?

There's so much stuff out there regarding cars and clothes for Jones, Kirkpatrick, Ingram. The NCAA knows about it and is sitting on it. Why?

Does anyone REALLY believe he wasn't offered $$$ from REC?

There's so much stuff out there regarding cars and clothes for Jones, Kirkpatrick, Ingram. The NCAA knows about it and is sitting on it. Why?

The NCAA doesn't feel that college football can take another major scandal. And that's exactly what they have on their hands over in T'loser. A corrupt institution which probably has all the same plot lines as Miami, Ohio State AND Penn State, all wrapped up into one big cluster.

My train of thought was that if he ever were to want to come back to Auburn. I hate what he done, but he's a gamer and I am sure we'd take him back.

My train of thought was that if he ever were to want to come back to Auburn. I hate what he done, but he's a gamer and I am sure we'd take him back.

A kid wavering and changing his mind would be one thing. This guy deliberately took part in a scheme that required him to lie to Auburn coaches right up until the last minute. I don't think he'd ever be welcomed back, he's not Auburn material.

A kid wavering and changing his mind would be one thing. This guy deliberately took part in a scheme that required him to lie to Auburn coaches right up until the last minute. I don't think he'd ever be welcomed back, he's not Auburn material.

ABSOLUTELY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Kris Frost, meet Lie Jay Yeldon! BOOM! Can't wait.

I highly doubt we get a new top tier RB to fill Yeldon's place in the future, so how do we fill this void? Yes we have McCalebb, Mason, Blakely, Gulley-Morgan, and even Reed and Bray if we absolutely needed them. But in terms of our recruiting class, who do we replace him with? Do we tell Ricardo Louis he will be playing RB? Do we go after anybody else? Right now, most of our backs arent caapable of being every-down backs, all of them are shifty and speedy (Blakely I have not seen much of, so I cannot say anything on him). So who fills in as a downhill back?

Also, this increases the possibility that Frazier becomes QB. He can be the inside runner while our backs run the outside sweeps.

I highly doubt we get a new top tier RB to fill Yeldon's place in the future, so how do we fill this void? Yes we have McCalebb, Mason, Blakely, Gulley-Morgan, and even Reed and Bray if we absolutely needed them. But in terms of our recruiting class, who do we replace him with? Do we tell Ricardo Louis he will be playing RB? Do we go after anybody else? Right now, most of our backs arent caapable of being every-down backs, all of them are shifty and speedy (Blakely I have not seen much of, so I cannot say anything on him). So who fills in as a downhill back?

Also, this increases the possibility that Frazier becomes QB. He can be the inside runner while our backs run the outside sweeps.

I don't think we sign another back, but best case would be 3 star RB Todd Gurley out of N.C.

Archived