2012 5* RB T.J. Yeldon (Alabama signee)

RunInRed

He isnt going anywhere. It is all just part of the mass hysteria that has struck AU. AJ Jackson is the guy we are most likely to lose IMO.

I hope you're not getting your info from the same guys who also said Yeldon wasn't going anywhere last year.

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Been told he is.

Dee's father says he is not 100% to Auburn, bad season and coaching unknowns is giving him the itch to shop around. He did not say he was not going to de-committ but that he is just being cautious. Says Dee loves Auburn and the present coaches, but all the rumors is starting to get into his ear.

Really? Where did you read that or when did you talk to him?

He isnt going anywhere. It is all just part of the mass hysteria that has struck AU. AJ Jackson is the guy we are most likely to lose IMO.

I hope you're not getting your info from the same guys who also said Yeldon wasn't going anywhere last year.

Wrong example. TJ was telling the coaches and most Auburn sources he was committed til the day he flipped. That was on TJ not the sources.

Disagree a bit. I think Trey and JaQuay are just as likely to flip as AJ.

Trey does have a big chance of flipping. And the yeldon stuff was our stupidity if anything but it seems our fan base doesn't take blame or fault too well

Trey does have a big chance of flipping. And the yeldon stuff was our stupidity if anything but it seems our fan base doesn't take blame or fault too well

What exactly does our fanbase have to take blame for. TJ's camp played all of us for 2 months. That's his transgression not ours.

You can say that but that is opinion. That may or may not be true. What is true is we didn't have coaches at an ala/miss all star game that was 40 minutes away from campus. What's also is true not only did bammer have their guys there they had their BEST recruiters there. We should have had trooper closing him. Also we let the nation know that Gus was leaving. We could have waited to announce that. We also was focusing on making these brilliant hires at oc and was putting so much work in preparing for a mediocre Virginia squad. Fact is they let up in recruiting and we paid for it. But like everything anything negative about losing a recruit some other school cheated; or we didn't want him anyway; or now it was a master plan hatched a year ago to set us up and trick us......

And I'm not saying it's the fan base place to take any blame I'm saying our fan base is great at making excuses for mess ups or anything negative. I still laugh at all the threads that were on here when espn didn't pick us to win at least 10 games. How many conspiracy threads came up? A recruit like kearse doesn't pick us you see how that thread on ae about we're better without him? We're too young to compete; all we need is time......we love excuses

What exactly does our fanbase have to take blame for. TJ's camp played all of us for 2 months. That's his transgression not ours.

Yeldon wasn't AU's fault at all.

And, in reality it wasn't Yeldon's fault either. That kid apparently took a good hard look at both programs, and which one could help reach his goals as a player. UAT has trained, developed and worked with that kid since he stepped foot on campus, he is now a huge impact player on their team and he is one of the reasons they are undefeated and in position to play for championships this season. TJ Yeldon made the best decision for his football career. When I look at his mess of a program we have today, I don't blame that kid one bit for making the choice he made.

Anybody knows that the most important part of recruiting is closing. We knew he was an early entry, we knew just how much of an impact he would have been for us, we were also in the top 3 for channing ward at the time. We had Nero and Cass down there. Not to mention just the opportunity of building relationships with high school coaches at the event and like I said it wasn't 40 minutes away. Yeah that's not smart and that's our fault. We may not have gotten yeldon even if we were there but you still do your part. Leaving him there with 60% of the team full of bammers and their families isn't going to help things that's for sure. But you're right he made a good decision for himself. Can't be mad at a guy making the best choices for himself that's for sure

Come on.... if a player is all in for your school like Yeldon said he was, one weekend without our coaches around isn't going to flip him. He played us with the help of the coaching staff at UAT. Don't make excuses for the kid, even a young kid would know that what he did wasn't right. You can argue that he made the right decision since he is the main back for them and is doing great but you can't blame our coaches for what happened. They got played by some very underhanded recruiting tactics and a kid who was willing to lie rather than stand up and be a man.

Come on.... if a player is all in for your school like Yeldon said he was, one weekend without our coaches around isn't going to flip him. He played us with the help of the coaching staff at UAT. Don't make excuses for the kid, even a young kid would know that what he did wasn't right. You can argue that he made the right decision since he is the main back for them and is doing great but you can't blame our coaches for what happened. They got played by some very underhanded recruiting tactics and a kid who was willing to lie rather than stand up and be a man.

See what I mean? Excuses? No accountability for grown men not doing their jobs. Yeah a weekend can matter just like one weekend visit can matter. So was Wallace, whitehead, Louis and others like Sanders wrong when they switched their commitment? It's the way recruiting goes saying a kid is wrong for lying doesn't make any sense. We didn't get him so it's a big conspiracy. When we flip guys like we have foster this class it's because we're such a wonderful school. Can't have it both ways and yes if we're not still at every event for foster, Dee, and Lawson guess what? The coaches are making a stupid mistake again. You can't take days off when you're recruiting big time. Look how important it is. Bammer don't have yeldon they may have lost this past week and not in the hunt for a championship this year. Our staff got lazy and we paid for it.

You can say that but that is opinion. That may or may not be true. What is true is we didn't have coaches at an ala/miss all star game that was 40 minutes away from campus. What's also is true not only did bammer have their guys there they had their BEST recruiters there. We should have had trooper closing him. Also we let the nation know that Gus was leaving. We could have waited to announce that. We also was focusing on making these brilliant hires at oc and was putting so much work in preparing for a mediocre Virginia squad. Fact is they let up in recruiting and we paid for it. But like everything anything negative about losing a recruit some other school cheated; or we didn't want him anyway; or now it was a master plan hatched a year ago to set us up and trick us......

Last thing on the subject. TJ already privately flipped before that all star game so it did not matter if we were there or not.

Yeah I'm sure he had. I'm sure random internet posters that know the exact moment he flipped. Just like all the people that know the conspiracy stories to be true. But yeldon flipping is really moot. There was a game where the best players in two states were playing 40 minutes from campus and we didn't have a presence there. Then when a recruit flips we don't want to say anything about it. It's lazy and bad recruiting. But it wouldn't have mattered anyway. Yeah ok......I don't believe the conspiracy stories. Just like I can sit here in this post and see all this stuff about Dee that's completely made up. 86 pages and probably 3 pages are true. People will believe what they want but we dropped the ball with the best player in state. Period.

Yeah I'm sure he had. I'm sure random internet posters that know the exact moment he flipped. Just like all the people that know the conspiracy stories to be true. But yeldon flipping is really moot. There was a game where the best players in two states were playing 40 minutes from campus and we didn't have a presence there. Then when a recruit flips we don't want to say anything about it. It's lazy and bad recruiting. But it wouldn't have mattered anyway. Yeah ok......I don't believe the conspiracy stories. Just like I can sit here in this post and see all this stuff about Dee that's completely made up. 86 pages and probably 3 pages are true. People will believe what they want but we dropped the ball with the best player in state. Period.

Believe what you want. I trust the people who have shared with me on the TJ saga. They are upstanding people and good posters.

• 1 month later...

I just had to come here to express my displeasure with being a jumping off point for a freaking yeldon rant thread. I am so sick of all the goobs still hung up on this crap. If I am not mistaken we put jersys on the field this year and still plan on adding the team next season. Yup AU continued on --- some "fans" just got stuck.

Yeah I believe when a young man committs then he should stand by his word. What about the other running backs we could have went after. We lost out on them cause of that. If you are not coming be a man and say I am not. This flipping stuff has turned into a circus.

Yeldon wasn't AU's fault at all.

And, in reality it wasn't Yeldon's fault either. That kid apparently took a good hard look at both programs, and which one could help reach his goals as a player.

Yeldon took a good hard look at the cold hard cash the bammer boosters gave his family. We can sit here all day and say "oh he just liked $aban better" but you're fooling yourself if you think money wasn't involved in the deal. You know it, I know it, pretty much everyone not wearing Crimson knows it. TJ himself thanked bammer for what they "did for his family."

(BTW, I do not blame Yeldon. I think players SHOULD be paid and I do not blame kids from poor families for helping out their families. It's just the way CFB is and will always be as long as it is a billion dollar industry. The NCAA is living in the 1920's).

• 1 year later...

Good Lord people. Some of you need to grow a pair. Roc and his family are nothing like the Yeldons. And Roc's coach is a bama fan but he really has Roc's best interest in mind and is not going to let bama come in and try to buy Roc, unlike the Daphne High School coaches.

Well how the heck should anybody on here know what Roc and his family are like? I didn't hear one thing about Yeldon and his group being shady until the day he flipped. At that was only be said by AU fans.

I think that Roc will stick with us just due to the fact that I think our offense will highlight his skills better than bama, but I also think he'll listen to what they have to say.

Well how the heck should anybody on here know what Roc and his family are like?

Been discussed on here a number of times and if you don't know just ask.
I didn't hear one thing about Yeldon and his group being shady until the day he flipped. At that was only be said by AU fans.
Incorrect. Bama fans were talking about it a month before it happened. Even had the details of the day and that it would be through a letter read by his coach.
I also think he'll listen to what they have to say.

I don't. Saban pissed him off a few months ago and I would be surprised if Roc listens.

Well how the heck should anybody on here know what Roc and his family are like?

Been discussed on here a number of times and if you don't know just ask.
I didn't hear one thing about Yeldon and his group being shady until the day he flipped. At that was only be said by AU fans.
Incorrect. Bama fans were talking about it a month before it happened. Even had the details of the day and that it would be through a letter read by his coach.
I also think he'll listen to what they have to say.

I don't. Saban pissed him off a few months ago and I would be surprised if Roc listens.

Ellitor, i don't follow this stuff as closely as you do, but for the last 3 years at least I have been pretty plugged into what goes on with AU recruiting. I know there was talk about Yeldon flipping prior to him doing so. If I remember correctly though all the insiders on the board said there was nothing to worry about. So my point is Yeldon didn't become known as shady to AU folks until after he flipped (even though he was shady the whole time). If Roc were to flip then you can bet he and his family will not be talked very highly of on this board either.

No point in arguing whether or not he would listen because we don't know. It is my opinion that a player that obviously wanted to go to bama at the beginning of the year will at least hear what they have to say should they come a calling. Though I can see and hope that he would be put off by their initial lack of interest and stick with us.

As I said, I expect Roc to stick with us but to not be a little worried when bama puts the full press on a guy is being a bit naive IMO.

That's the first I've read about it, and I'm on this site/AE daily and have been since I was in school in 09, so no, what you posted is not common knowledge. For those of us that don't post 100 times a day, scour every recruits Twitter feeds, and watche highlight reels all day, those of you who do should cut the rest of us some slack that like to keep up with recruiting but don't consider it our second jobs to know every detail of every recruit's experience. I came to this thread for the same reason we are discussing, to see what is known about Roc's situation now that LF has gone to LSU. Because it's happened before, until we see a drastic change in culture, it can happen again. It doesn't mean Auburn fans sit around worried about it all day every day, but it doesn't mean we are unjustified with our concerns. Ellitor, you being so concerned with being right all the time, which is a noteable quality and would be received much differently if you worded things differently, is what makes pages like the one we're all reading turn into disagreements that have nothing to do with the recruit in question (and I know I"m no the only one who has expressed this).

Edit: gravejd beat me to it.

That's the first I've read about it, and I'm on this site/AE daily and have been since I was in school in 09, so no, what you posted is not common knowledge. For those of us that don't post 100 times a day, scour every recruits Twitter feeds, and watche highlight reels all day, those of you who do should cut the rest of us some slack that like to keep up with recruiting but don't consider it our second jobs to know every detail of every recruit's experience. I came to this thread for the same reason we are discussing, to see what is known about Roc's situation now that LF has gone to LSU. Because it's happened before, until we see a drastic change in culture, it can happen again. It doesn't mean Auburn fans sit around worried about it all day every day, but it doesn't mean we are unjustified with our concerns. Ellitor, you being so concerned with being right all the time, which is a noteable quality and would be received much differently if you worded things differently, is what makes pages like the one we're all reading turn into disagreements that have nothing to do with the recruit in question (and I know I"m no the only one who has expressed this).

Edit: gravejd beat me to it.

I never said it was common knowledge or posted on AE. Grave never specified AE in his OP. AE had the same no rumor posting policy so it could not be posted on AE and was the only reason it wasn't since it came from Bama fans on other sites. I am sorry you feel belittled or however y'all feel about my post but that was not my intent or tone.

My point on Roc is unless WDEWDE, Pops, or another insider say there is something to be concerned about with Roc then stop worrying. The whole point of WDEWDE's trolling in the Evans thread is because of the excess Negative Nancying that goes on around here sometimes. Insiders or legit articles will let you know when to worry. With all that said just sit back, relax, and enjoy this amazing season we are having.

Dang people, you would think we had gone 3-9 or something with all the back-biting here. Most of you have no idea who I am and don't care, nor should you. But I was NEW to AE in 2011. Wasn't even a member, I just lurked. But I knew 2 weeks prior to Yeldon's flip it was going to happen. Even all the Foster drama last year was not really a surprise given the fact that Trooper Taylor and Curtis Luper were involved. They were all about the drama and BS and anything negative AU recieved about recruiting during their tenure was justified. That former AU staff were just as much to blame as the Bammer staff for the past 3 years of crap we have been through. Even if we were squeaky clean on the Cam ordeal could you blame other fanbases for thinking it? Why do you think Jameis Winston and Jovon Robinson ended up like it did? If either had ever played at AU we would not be going to Pasadena and if we were, it could very well have ended up like USCw/Reggie Bush.

The difference between Roc and TJ is night and day. The only similarities are the two schools involved. Gus has taken a ton a flack on this board and others from people that apparently like being "little brother". The way the SDH/Casher/Liner were handled was perfect. The only reason Foster was allowed to remain was his Mother, if not for her he would have been sent packing as well long before he finally "Made up his mind".

I think I have already had a post deleted in this thread regarding the Yeldon family, so I won't say what I think and know. But the fact that I had the post deleted should give you a hint.

Archived