2012 5* RB T.J. Yeldon (Alabama signee)

RunInRed

I'll tell how that rumor got started:

Some message board guy saw that Dyer was transferring. He thought, "Yeldon might reconsider now that he has a great chance to step in and start right away." Then he posted that thought and it became, "Yeldon is considering flipping back."

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So he wanted a shot at heisman, that's why he chose bama?

I dont get any of this. I would select a college based on how much I like the campus, how much it feels like home,

how good an education is, how do I like the coaches, how much PT I can get, how hot the girls are, how cool the city is, how cool the tradition is.

For example I could be guaranteed to win 4 Heismans and would never ever ever attend LSU, Miss State or South Carolina all three cities are dump.

Its why I dont get why people say Kiffin cheats. Yea USC is a great academic school city in a city with endless entertaininment choices, a great tradition, beautiful women, great weather. Yea an 18 year old kid is going to hate that.

I would rather ride the pine at USC then start in Tuscaloosa any day.

James Brooks, Joe Cribbs, Brent Fullwood, Bo Jackson, Stephen Davis, Rudi Johnson, Ronnie Brown, Cadillac Williams and Ben Tate all say hello.

There's no school (sans maybe USC) that can hold a candle to AU's RB tradition. All-Americans, Heisman Winner, tickets to the NFL galore. Whatever Mr. Yeldon, we'll see you in November.

Btw, in case it wasnt known - every 4-star or higher that has signed with this Auburn staff (and stayed, so excluding E. Davis and Aycock) has gotten playing time:

2011: Quan Bray, Tre Mason

2010: Dyer

2009: McCalebb

Meanwhile at Bama, playing time for these 4 or 5 stars?

2011: Demetrius Hart

2010: Jalston Fowler

2009: Lacy, Richardson (obv both played heavily this year)

So this basically means you'll get a shot at 4 years of production at Auburn - 2 years at Bama.

Does he know no team in America has more Heismans at a school where Heisman coached ?

James Brooks, Joe Cribbs, Brent Fullwood, Bo Jackson, Stephen Davis, Rudi Johnson, Ronnie Brown, Cadillac Williams and Ben Tate all say hello.

Tommy Agee, Heath Evans, Kenny Irons, and some guy named Brandon something send their best as well.

Does he know no team in America has more Heismans at a school where Heisman coached ?

Tommy Agee, Heath Evans, Kenny Irons, and some guy named Brandon something send their best as well.

Oh yeah, add a 2-time 1K yard, all conference rusher who just said "Goodbye."

Btw, in case it wasnt known - every 4-star or higher that has signed with this Auburn staff (and stayed, so excluding E. Davis and Aycock) has gotten playing time:

2011: Quan Bray, Tre Mason

2010: Dyer

2009: McCalebb

Meanwhile at Bama, playing time for these 4 or 5 stars?

2011: Demetrius Hart

2010: Jalston Fowler

2009: Lacy, Richardson (obv both played heavily this year)

So this basically means you'll get a shot at 4 years of production at Auburn - 2 years at Bama.

To be fair, Fowler played a lot of the Ole Miss game, probably played in some others as well and Hart was out for the season due to injury.

If Yeldon thinks he has a shot at the heisman and he hasn't played a down of college football then I would be worried about his humility and ability to handle adversity. Auburn will be fine without this egocentric player.

Jalston Fowler is not a pure running back (he is a FB) and Hart was out all year after blowing his knee.

I fail to see the reason why so many need to get super delusional. Alabama is a very enticing place right now if you are a top RB like Yeldon. Their OL is pretty much guaranteed to be above-average and they play a very ball-control offense. Lets face it; their last 2 starting runningbacks were 1st round picks...no need to put the orange and blue blinders on.

Jalston Fowler is not a pure running back (he is a FB) and Hart was out all year after blowing his knee.

I fail to see the reason why so many need to get super delusional. Alabama is a very enticing place right now if you are a top RB like Yeldon. Their OL is pretty much guaranteed to be above-average and they play a very ball-control offense. Lets face it; their last 2 starting runningbacks were 1st round picks...no need to put the orange and blue blinders on.

True. Looks like I was wrong about those 2 - I dont really watch bama games.

Like I said earlier, if he doesnt want to be here than its not really a big deal.

Really? You don't understand why? It's because he told Auburn he was firmly committed all the way up to the beginning of the dead period and then screwed us. That's why.

It is a silly proposition to choose your school based on winning a Heisman then pick a school that's won a single Heisman in its history despite having a great number of successful backs (Richardson, Alexander, Humphreys, etc.). None of those guys managed to win it. History is against you, sir.

And to choose that school (again based on wanting to win a Heisman) over a school that has 3 Heisman winners with a winner in three of the last four decades (meaning it wasn't just one era of Auburn football producing Heisman finalists).

If he wanted to win a Heisman from the RB position, he should've gone to USC. Simple as that.

In the end, I think he just walked because he was swayed by the shiniest object in the room. Fair enough. There is plenty to like about playing ball at Alabama right now. He should just keep his mouth shut and work hard. There's no reasoning behind his flip that will make him look better. This is one of those "less is more" situations. Muzzle it and worst of luck to you TJ. I hope you stay healthy, get your degree, become a better person, and fail miserably every time you step on the field.

It is a silly proposition to choose your school based on winning a Heisman then pick a school that's won a single Heisman in its history despite having a great number of successful backs (Richardson, Alexander, Humphreys, etc.). None of those guys managed to win it. History is against you, sir.

And to choose that school (again based on wanting to win a Heisman) over a school that has 3 Heisman winners with a winner in three of the last four decades (meaning it wasn't just one era of Auburn football producing Heisman finalists).

If he wanted to win a Heisman from the RB position, he should've gone to USC. Simple as that.

In the end, I think he just walked because he was swayed by the shiniest object in the room. Fair enough. There is plenty to like about playing ball at Alabama right now. He should just keep his mouth shut and work hard. There's no reasoning behind his flip that will make him look better. This is one of those "less is more" situations. Muzzle it and worst of luck to you TJ. I hope you stay healthy, get your degree, become a better person, and fail miserably every time you step on the field.

:thumbsup:

bull****. The last USC running back that actually got to keep it was Marcus Allen in 1981. The 2 heisman winners USC has had since were QB's.

You're forgetting Reggie Bush. Yes, it was taken away, but he definitely won the thing.

That's why he said "got to keep it"

You're forgetting Reggie Bush. Yes, it was taken away, but he definitely won the thing.

Uh, oh! Don't get WT started on Reggie Bush! He is alrady ticked someone mentioned USCw as running back U and not Auburn. :big:

Whether the RBs and QBs at USC are better than Auburn is irrelevant. That is, unquestionably, the easiest place from which to launch a Heisman campaign. (1) History of Heisman success, (2) in one of the two media centers of America, (3) where USC is scene as THE football team, (4) faced with only warm-butter-esque defenses of the Pac 12... it's the easiest place for a RB to win. If the Heisman is your motive, there is only one correct answer.

Archived