2012 5* RB T.J. Yeldon (Alabama signee)

RunInRed

Living down here, I have seen two Daphne HS games this year. Yeldon is a very tactical runner, picking his lane and making defenders miss. He doesn't seem to have the explosiveness that some backs do, but he makes up for it with great vision and seems to run with a sense of purpose.

He reminds me of Dyer in that he keeps his legs moving until the play is dead. Looking forward to seeing him in orange and blue.

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here are T.J. Yeldon's numbers through 7 games per Bryan Matthews at Auburn Undercover: Also a chance to watch him on tv if you can't make it out to the game tomorrow night.

On the season, Yeldon has 104 carries for 1,225 yards and 18 touchdowns.

Daphne (7-0) plays at Fairhope Thursday. The game will kickoff at 7:10 pm CT and be carried live on Fox SportsSouth.

“It will be a chance for everybody to see T.J. against a good team in Fairhope,” he said.

Here are T.J. Yeldon's numbers through 7 games per Bryan Matthews at Auburn Undercover: Also a chance to watch him on tv if you can't make it out to the game tomorrow night.

On the season, Yeldon has 104 carries for 1,225 yards and 18 touchdowns.

Daphne (7-0) plays at Fairhope Thursday. The game will kickoff at 7:10 pm CT and be carried live on Fox SportsSouth.

“It will be a chance for everybody to see T.J. against a good team in Fairhope,” he said.

Thanks for the info. I'll definitely watch.

I got home from my game in time to see the end of it and Yeldon was in the back field under 2 minutes to play. Yeldon rips off an 84 yard TD run. DAMN... Look at his numbers tonight.

32 carries 363 yards 4 touchdowns.

How is the competition he plays against?

Good, Fairhope has a pretty good defense and offense. The score was very close at the half but Daphne pulled away in the 4th qtr. Yeldon & turnovers was the difference in the game.

Good, Fairhope has a pretty good defense and offense. The score was very close at the half but Daphne pulled away in the 4th qtr. Yeldon & turnovers was the difference in the game.

Daphne is Class 6A, largest classification in Alabama. They are in Region 2 along with McGill-Toolen, Fairhope, Williamson, Foley, Robertsdale, Baldwin County, and Satsuma.

Daphne is Class 6A, largest classification in Alabama. They are in Region 2 along with McGill-Toolen, Fairhope, Williamson, Foley, Robertsdale, Baldwin County, and Satsuma.

And beat the lauded Hoover High in the state championship game last year.

Watching him on the sideline (via T.V.) made me a bit proud of him. He seems very humble and looks the part of an Auburn kind of kid. War Eagle, TJ!

Another monster game...

12 of T.J. Yeldon's carries during THURSDAY night's 359-yard performance went for 10 of more yards.

4-star RB TJ Yeldon, following 350yd performance, tells me he is 100 percent committed to Auburn - but will take 5 officials, 1 to Alabama

@KeithRIVALS

I do not like him visiting Bama AT ALL. I hope he is firm in his statements that he's firm. I do not blame him for taking the officials, hell I would too, I just don't want him in Tuscaloosa!

Daphne RB and Auburn commit TJ Yeldon is on pace to rush for 2,985 yards this season, would rank 5th all-time in AL high school history.

@JHokanson

Bet he beats it.

A friend saw a post-game interview with TJ. When asked if he is firm to Auburn, TJ replied that he intends to graduate in December and enroll in school at Auburn in January. "Is that firm enough for you?". It appears that TJ is getting annoyed by constant pressure from UAT to change his mind.

A friend saw a post-game interview with TJ. When asked if he is firm to Auburn, TJ replied that he intends to graduate in December and enroll in school at Auburn in January. "Is that firm enough for you?". It appears that TJ is getting annoyed by constant pressure from UAT to change his mind.

Saw this.

Also saw him display a little dual-threat throwing a 25 yard pass from the wildcat on the first play from scrimmage :blink:

From only seeing clips on youtube, can someone fill me in on his team's competition? Are they playing at the right class level ? Like how some teams probably should be playing at a certain level, but get moved down, because of school size, or how ever it's figured out in AL. I mean, seriously, he looks to be a Sr playing vs some JV squads.

From only seeing clips on youtube, can someone fill me in on his team's competition? Are they playing at the right class level ? Like how some teams probably should be playing at a certain level, but get moved down, because of school size, or how ever it's figured out in AL. I mean, seriously, he looks to be a Sr playing vs some JV squads.

Daphne plays in region 2 of the 6A division. It's the largest division in the state of Alabama. It's definitely not against massively inferior competition.

Region 2

Baldwin Co.

Daphne

Fairhope

Foley

McGill-Toolen

Robertsdale

Satsuma

Williamson

Alabama class division is based on school population...

Archived