Unsung Hero

AUCrete

I think James Owens should also be mentioned...I can't imagine how he felt at the time but I am very proud for him and Auburn University...

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Danny Skutack...meanest person I have ever met! He was a bad azz LB back in the day!

:yay:

Bill Newton - blocked both punts in the '72 Punt Bama Punt - we recruited his brother but not him.  He gritted it out and was the difference in the game.

Roger Mitchell - #25 that the announcer claims blocked the second punt - he didn't but bama thought he was likely to do it so they moved the punted closer to the line of scrimmage.  He also blocked the extra point in the uga game that gave us the win - a walk on that made lots of big plays.

I want to nominate Neil Caudle--never played much qb, but he held the ball for probably the biggest feild goal in Auburn history.

Seeing as this is page 4 of this thread and his name hasn't been mentioned, how about a defensive tackle who played in every game of a sec and national championship season.  Virtually never had his name mentioned by announcers, yet was vital to the success of a d line that would help our defense be one of the best run defenses in the country.  Yet somehow, his talent is recognized by those who are trained to spot it and matter most, as they drafted him to continue is invaluable play in the NFL.

Anybody?

Seeing as this is page 4 of this thread and his name hasn't been mentioned, how about a defensive tackle who played in every game of a sec and national championship season.  Virtually never had his name mentioned by announcers, yet was vital to the success of a d line that would help our defense be one of the best run defenses in the country.  Yet somehow, his talent is recognized by those who are trained to spot it and matter most, as they drafted him to continue is invaluable play in the NFL.

Anybody?

Could it be.......Zac Clayton!!

Anybody?

Could it be.......Zac Clayton!!

^^^Winner, winner...chicken dinner!^^^

Archived