Unsung Hero

AUCrete

Who is your all time favorite AU unsung hero?  Had this discussion over the weekend.  I thought of Reid McMillon.  Also Ricky Neal and Alex Lincoln.  McMillon just about won the '93 Arky game for us by himself.  Any thoughts?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't know how truly "unsung" he is, but I would say Tre Smith should be a candidate.

Connie Frederick - how cool is that to fake a punt vs bammer and take it to the house without coaches knowing it, in a rout made it even better...in your face

Connie Frederick - how cool is that to fake a punt vs bammer and take it to the house without coaches knowing it, in a rout made it even better...in your face

Agree, still have that game program .

Connie had a featured write up in it.

Want to put "Fast Freddie" Smith's name out there too.

"Connie Frederick - how cool is that to fake a punt vs bammer and take it to the house without coaches knowing it, in a rout made it even better...in your face"

All were special but I  guess having graduated a year earlier and gone to high school with Connie, this was special. Don't  forget Bill Newton, I believe he blocked both punts, could be wrong but I think he blocked and David Langer ran both in. Also Terry Beasly, Spence McCracken and Buddy McClinton. They played during the period the Bear had to fight off fans and media calling for his firing.

Tony Richardson (how do you like me now).  William Andrews (see Atlanta Falcon record book!! Had to block at AU for a couple of guys named Brooks and Cribbs)

The Auburn Family.  For living in a state ruled by rednecks and rooting for a team that "just wants big brothers approval".

Also Kodi, Caudle, the best TEAM mates any Auburn player has probably had. 

Archived