Ivan Maisel's critique of Gene Chizik at SEC media days

This is the E-Mail I sent to ESPN after reading Ivan Maisel's critique of Coach Chizik at SEC Media day.

First off Ivan, Just where did you go to college?

Could it be that you attented Updyke University, I think I saw that somewhere, but apparently you have removed it from your current bio.

Next, if you go back to Chizik's first year at Auburn at the 09 Media days he was monatone and boring at that event just as he was at the 2010 event. Let me give you the reason for that. He's smart enough to know in dealing with college football reporters like you that all of you have agendas, some more than others. And when some of those reporters grow up in the South and go to, let's say Tuscaloosa for their Journalism Degree, then it's not hard to figure out what your angle is.

In closing just remember the Trophy still resides in Auburn,AL.,as much as you dislike that thought.

WAR EAGLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wareagle:

This is the E-Mail I sent to ESPN after reading Ivan Maisel's critique of Coach Chizik at SEC Media day.

First off Ivan, Just where did you go to college?

Could it be that you attented Updyke University, I think I saw that somewhere, but apparently you have removed it from your current bio.

Next, if you go back to Chizik's first year at Auburn at the 09 Media days he was monatone and boring at that event just as he was at the 2010 event. Let me give you the reason for that. He's smart enough to know in dealing with college football reporters like you that all of you have agendas, some more than others. And when some of those reporters grow up in the South and go to, let's say Tuscaloosa for their Journalism Degree, then it's not hard to figure out what your angle is.

In closing just remember the Trophy still resides in Auburn,AL.,as much as you dislike that thought.

WAR EAGLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wareagle:

Lay on, MacDuff!!

Maisel went to Stanford.  He grew up an Alabama fan.

Pretty sure I have also read before that he went to Alabama.

He's a well known bammer...just like Reese Davis.

It was a very anti-Auburn article. We were actually the only team from SEC media days where ESPNs coverage turned everything in a negative light. I find it very strange with major sporting news outlets allow writers to go after a program like he did. If you have a writer that is biased towards a certain university than why not just let one of your other writers do the story on that team? I usually laugh at all the Auburn against the world talk when it comes to recruiting rankings and stuff like that. But if this article doesn't have an agenda then I have no reading comprehension skills!

You might have had a chance at a reply and a civil conversation if you would've said University of Alabama and not "Updyke University".

Civil Conversation! Does anybody think what ESPN has been doing while covering Auburn since Gene Chizik was hired has any civility to it.

# Days after Chizik was hired ESPN's "Outside the lines" did a segment on Auburn being racist because of Barkley's comments. It was a complete hatchet job, the last question from Bob Ley to Paul Finebaum was what will this do to the future of auburn football, and of course the response from Paul was Doom and Gloom for a lot of years.

#SEC media days 2009, Lane Kiffin (big hit with media types), Dan Mullen (Off. Cord. to Tim Tebow and National Champs Gators, Positive Spin). Gene Chizik (5-19 record, boring and monatone in front of reporters).

#2009 beats Tennessee,5-0 record, Sunday Morning ESPN has a segment on about Auburn still being racist for hiring Chizik. Reporter interviews Tom Osborne(Nebraska) , he says they hired Pellini because they wanted go back to having good defenses. The reporter fails to mention to Osborne that a Head Coach can actually hire the best Coordinators in the country. See Chizik (Defense based hired OC Malzahn). Then reporter interviews Athletic Director at Buffalo, who comes out and says point blank that Auburn was racist for not hiring Turner Gill.

#2010 Cam Newton controversy. Joe Schad, Mark Schlabach, Pat Forde and a host of others turning out one hit peice after another, most of which did not come true.

#Lou Holtz throwing Auburn's helment across the studio floor in mock portrayal of a Trial with Reece Davis(Alabama) being the judge.

#ESPN's coverage of the Heisman Trophy, every question to Cam about the investigation and other comments. And I don't think it was just my observation, because the look on Bo Jackson's face on the stage was any thing but nice.

#BCS National Championship. Auburn's shining moment in the sun. Who graces the ESPN's coverage none other than "Lil Nicky himself offering his expert analysis. Thanks ESPN.

#Now we come to Maisel's article. His take was that Chizik was acting this way because he knew Auburn was going down at some point and the pressue was getting to him. I wanted to point out that this is exactly the way Chizik acted in front of reporters the two previous years.

The e-mail was not sent to have a civil conversation, which I don't think is possible with these reporters.

The intent was to let ESPN know my feeling's toward them.

Archived