DB Geno Smith Announcing August 17th**

AUSportTalk

Enough already with about the Ray Drew flashback.  This is about the 2012 recruiting class not the 2011 class.  Both of you made your point now move on!!!

its like watching two walruses humping, you just want them to stop.

:laugh:

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Enough already with about the Ray Drew flashback.  This is about the 2012 recruiting class not the 2011 class.  Both of you made your point now move on!!!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:  :thumbsup:

I'm not sure that a singular post warrants an "enough already" but to each his own I guess...

I'm not sure that a singular post warrants an "enough already" but to each his own I guess...

If it were a singular post, you'd be right, but the Ray Drew comparisons have been going on for weeks, even months now...

I see the discovery channel and National Geo Channel must be a big hit in your house.

If it were a singular post, you'd be right, but the Ray Drew comparisons have been going on for weeks, even months now...

Well, I can assure you that it was my first post on the matter; but that may simply mean that I just the last in line to beat a dead horse. I understand that. However, I apologize if I take a slight offense to being called out (especially by someone with single digit posts) for, by all accounts, defending a former AU recruit against what I felt to be out-of-line allegations (I realize that the rules of the board only cover current AU recruits and their families, but I feel that a certain level of decency should extend beyond that).  Furthermore, it is not as if the "mods" had not encouraged or participated in this tangent themselves.

For some reason, I just don't get the impression that Geno is that big of a smarty pants (smart a$$) to have all the UAT stuff on his social media pages and then not pick UAT, if that makes sense?? I understand the games kids play with the whole social media thing. But I just don't get that sense from this kid.

I agree, but last year I thought the same of Ray Drew.

True, but a couple days before he annouced, everyone pretty much knew he was going to uga.  No one has a clue with Geno. 

Difference is that it's August, not February. This time last year we all thought Drew was a silent commit to Auburn...

This will be my last post on the matter, as I do not wish for this to escalate; but, I will part with this; if you don't want a fight then don't pick one.

I understand the comparisons in the two.  The orignal point was valid.  There is no point in rehashing the whole scenario though.  It is time to move on now.  Let's all agree that we need to get Geno!!

Next. 

Geno said today in an interview with 247 Sports, that he hadn't made up his mind and will continue to pray on it. He said he wants to major in broadcasting and that it is important to him to think of life after football. There was no mention of his mother and right now its 50-50 between Auburn and Bama.

That is the best insider information you can find, because it comes from Geno's mouth himself.

I will never understand why these players set up an announcement date if they are not 100% sure of where they are going. If they are not sure then wait until you are. You have until February, there is no need to rush it unless you are a three star or lower where you might need to get on before the train leaves the station. If you are a coveted player take your time and make the right decision for you instead of rushing it and second guessing it later. Then you look like you are a prima donna just playing the game.

Geno said today in an interview with 247 Sports, that he hadn't made up his mind and will continue to pray on it. He said he wants to major in broadcasting and that it is important to him to think of life after football. There was no mention of his mother and right now its 50-50 between Auburn and Bama.

That is the best insider information you can find, because it comes from Geno's mouth himself.

I will never understand why these players set up an announcement date if they are not 100% sure of where they are going. If they are not sure then wait until you are. You have until February, there is no need to rush it unless you are a three star or lower where you might need to get on before the train leaves the station. If you are a coveted player take your time and make the right decision for you instead of rushing it and second guessing it later. Then you look like you are a prima donna just playing the game.

I understand why you think that, but I think some of these kids genuinely want to end the recruitment process early because they sometimes feel it can be a distraction for their HS teams, and this is what SOME of them want to be their main focus this time of the year

If they truly are not sure then it will still be a distraction.  It's not like the other coaches aren't aware of the uncertainty and will continue to recruit the kid.

I understand why you think that, but I think some of these kids genuinely want to end the recruitment process early because they sometimes feel it can be a distraction for their HS teams, and this is what SOME of them want to be their main focus this time of the year

From a lot of the posts I have read on here, and other links I have read, it is kind of obvious we won't be getting Geno. That is unless he is playing some serious head games with people. I hope we get him, just don't expect it.

Doesn't say anything new. All it says is that he hasn't made his decision yet but should in the next few days. We were the first to offer and he came down and fell in love with the place and the coaches. Says he has visited bama 5 or 6 times and after BCW lll he almost commited to us but he had to make sure it was the right choice. Don't really know what westie was talking about but I think Geno is definitely torn.

I'm hearing good stuff this am.  That's all I can really say.  I will say that this guy's been one of the toughest to get a read on that I can remember.

I haven't been this puzzled by a player in a while.

Archived