DB Geno Smith Announcing August 17th**

AUSportTalk

Does anyone know what % JLee puts on Geno on the Rivals Hotboard??  Just curious. 

Wow... So most of our recruiting guru's have him at 60% AU.  uat has Geno 60% them.  It is going to be a toss up it seems like.   

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone know what % JLee puts on Geno on the Rivals Hotboard??  Just curious. 

Wow... So must of our recruiting guru's have him at 60% AU.  uat has Geno 60% them.  It is going to be a toss up it seems like.   

60% from JLee means things aren't looking too good.

:pcprobs:  :banghead: 

Guys chill out and act like you are National Champions.  Trust the coaches and quit moaning and groaning so much.

We have a great class shaping up to be one of the best in the nation, AGAIN!!!

If Geno chooses bammer, so be it. This year's recruits are deep at DB and there is alot of talent to be had. WE WILL GET OURS!!! WE WILL BE FINE!!

Lets kick back, enjoy our national championship, enjoy practice updates, support the team that is busting their tails on the field, in the weightroom, and in the classroom, and get ready for some football!!!

:believe:

Geno(Turds) our chart is too deep for him to have early playing time..KM (Turds or UGA) again, our playing chart is too deep. Blame them? really? WDE!

Do we really have better young depth at cornerback compared with the turds?

I think so, but it's not a big difference. IMO

If Dre decides to go pro after this year, they will lose both starters so they definitely will have some PT to offer next year. They have a couple young DBs but I would have to say we have more quality depth with Davis, Mincy, White, Bell, Rose, Therezie, Whitehead (not a single senior and only 1 junior).. Although at least one of them could be moved to S

idk.  but, i would like our chances more than  :devil:.  Based on past experience with a recruit or two, he has posted a whole lot more pro bama tweets than anyone else.  Therefore my Orange and Blue glasses tell me that he is going to Auburn, but he just wants to throw people off the scent.  haha

Hopefully, he commits and signs to Auburn, but if not, best of luck to the kid.

Auburn will sign another great DB class. Between Jonathan Jones, Cyrus Jones, TJ Davis, Geno Smith, Deon Bush, and even DeAndre Jasper can play DB. That's a lot of options to choose from. I believe we already have one of the best DBs in America in Josh Holsey. We don't need many of these kids to come in and play right away because of our depth. They can take time and groom.

I'm still riding with what Zeke Pike said about Geno Smith after Big Cat....that he will be an Auburn Tiger.

I will admit that I have no inside source, but I feel good about Geno.  The one thing that concerns me, though, is Momma.  For the life of me, I can't understand how any parent could be so infatuated with Satan as she has been reported to be (see the camp speech to the sixth grade kids).  Now, if Momma is reading this, my comment is not a reflection on your parenting nor your motives, because Geno seems to be a great kid.  I just don't understand it.  My second point, one that makes me feel good, is that Satan's recruiting strategy seems to be the opposite of ours and many others;  that is, get the big dogs in the cage as early as possible, and then isolate them from the recruiting world.  Examples this year;  Williams, Lee, Ragland.  As the recruiting year goes on, when UAT is in head-to-head battles for a big dog, their success drops (Kiel, Winston, Humphries).  Then, near signing day, some of the big dogs begin to waver;  Calloway, CK (last year).  Geno is a big dog.  Momma, we'd love to have your son play for us, and become a first-rounder in four years.  Ya'll need to come home to your new family. 

For some reason, I just don't get the impression that Geno is that big of a smarty pants (smart a$$) to have all the UAT stuff on his social media pages and then not pick UAT, if that makes sense?? I understand the games kids play with the whole social media thing. But I just don't get that sense from this kid.

For some reason, I just don't get the impression that Geno is that big of a smarty pants (smart a$$) to have all the UAT stuff on his social media pages and then not pick UAT, if that makes sense?? I understand the games kids play with the whole social media thing. But I just don't get that sense from this kid.

I agree, but last year I thought the same of Ray Drew.

True, but a couple days before he annouced, everyone pretty much knew he was going to uga.  No one has a clue with Geno. 

True, but a couple days before he annouced, everyone pretty much knew he was going to uga.  No one has a clue with Geno. 

Difference is that it's August, not February. This time last year we all thought Drew was a silent commit to Auburn...

Did you feel the same way about Ray Drew's antics last year? I for one thought there was no way he would end up anywhere but AU.

Everyone, Geno is a great kid first and foremost.  He is under a lot of pressure.  I see some have already conceded defeat to Bama and are happy to replace him.  I for one would like for Geno to come to AU and play in the nastiest secondary in the SEC.

Did you feel the same way about Ray Drew's antics last year? I for one thought there was no way he would end up anywhere but AU.

This is not a Drew situation.  Drew disrespected the entire recruiting process and acted like a clown.  Drew flat out lied to coaches because he thought it was all a funny game.  Geno is not doing any of that. 

I guess I had thought that Drew was higher on us than UGA and I was disappointed at the time with the realization that he was choosing UGA. I'm not sure that Geno is saying quite as much publicly as what I remember Drew as doing. But I didn't really get into the whole twitter/Facebook following thing with Drew either. And I haven't with Geno to that end (or any recruit - I'm not into be-friend/following these kids), but of the times that I've looked at his comments and viewed his profile, I just don't get the impression from him, probably because I perceive him as being conservative in term of public communication (compared to our beloved Mr. Pike at times), rather than he being overtly extroverted (is that redundant?), that with all the blatant displaying of UAT paraphernalia, along with the prolific RT'ing of UAT player (past & present) 'tweets', that he would do a complete about-face and pick for the good guys. I'll definitely be happily proven wrong if he does pick us but that's just my uneducated opinion/guess/take on the matter. 

Geno said today in an interview with 247 Sports, that he hadn't made up his mind and will continue to pray on it. He said he wants to major in broadcasting and that it is important to him to think of life after football. There was no mention of his mother and right now its 50-50 between Auburn and Bama.

That is the best insider information you can find, because it comes from Geno's mouth himself.

This is not a Drew situation.  Drew disrespected the entire recruiting process and acted like a clown.  Drew flat out lied to coaches because he thought it was all a funny game.  Geno is not doing any of that. 

Do you know that he lied to the coaches or are you assuming that? Just because he acted like he was going to Auburn to everybody else doesnt mean he was like that with our coaches.

Do you know that he lied to the coaches or are you assuming that? Just because he acted like he was going to Auburn to everybody else doesnt mean he was like that with our coaches.

He was like that with AU's coaches or AU wouldn't have publicly pulled his offer before Signing Day. They knew he was playing games and were done with it.

He was like that with AU's coaches or AU wouldn't have publicly pulled his offer before Signing Day. They knew he was playing games and were done with it.

Drew may very well have been playing games with the coaches in a similar way to how he played games with the media, but I highly doubt that he ever lied about being a silent commit or anything of that nature.  I think that "lead them on" would be a more apt phrase.  Also, the coaches never publicly pulled his offer.  To have done so would have been a recruiting violation in and of itself, as coaches are not allowed to publicly mention recruits until after signing day.  It did leak that his offer was pulled, but that was by no means from the horse's mouth and could have been for a multitude of reasons.  I'm not saying that Drew was completely spotless throughout this whole ordeal, but I would be hesitant to up and call him a liar.

If you think it was leaked by accident, you are naive. How often do *articles* come out saying Auburn has stopped recruiting a five-star player, especially close to Signing Day? Never. Except in Ray Drew's case. And it had no direct quotes from coaches, obviously, so it's not anywhere close to a violation, but if you think that wasn't intentionally put out there with the consent of the coaching staff, again, you fail to read between the lines. If he had been honest with AU's coaches from the start, they would've let him make his announcement for UGA when he was ready, with an AU hat on the table, and an AU offer in-hand, just like they do every other recruit.

I also never called Ray Drew a liar. He was leading on the staff "in good fun," and they picked up on it and didn't appreciate it. End of story.

Enough already with about the Ray Drew flashback.  This is about the 2012 recruiting class not the 2011 class.  Both of you made your point now move on!!!

Enough already with about the Ray Drew flashback.  This is about the 2012 recruiting class not the 2011 class.  Both of you made your point now move on!!!

Welcome, and nice post gc2525! You've got the makings of a Mod, I think!  :thumbsup:

its like watching two walruses humping, you just want them to stop.

Archived