DB Geno Smith Announcing August 17th**

AUSportTalk

the nerd in me thought you were saying Geno Smith is greater than a pile of Turds. May I suggest making those arrows?

I have said it more than once:: Geno->Turds and KM->Turds or Dawgs..they are in need of RB's and we truly are not!

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Geno is going to bammer as of this afternoon.  But he has changed his mind more than once before, so I not only wouldn't bet on where he commits Wednesday, but I wouldn't bet that where he commits is where he actually signs. Kid apparently seems genuinely torn.

:timeout:  Its august....pretty damn ridiculous that you set a decision date when you aren't 100% decided! 

Not if you don't want your impending decision to affect your senior season of high school...

the nerd in me thought you were saying Geno Smith is greater than a pile of Turds. May I suggest making those arrows?

I have said it more than once:: Geno->Turds and KM->Turds or Dawgs..they are in need of RB's and we truly are not!

Well, at least the statement is qualitatively correct with just the "greater than" signs.  :)

Just looked at espn insider rumors page,

basically says we have the edge, but Geno also likes the Turds coaching staff.

ESPN could be working off old intel, but they give the good guys the edge.

WE

Geno is going to bammer as of this afternoon.  But he has changed his mind more than once before, so I not only wouldn't bet on where he commits Wednesday, but I wouldn't bet that where he commits is where he actually signs. Kid apparently seems genuinely torn.

:timeout:  Its august....pretty damn ridiculous that you set a decision date when you aren't 100% decided! 

Not if you don't want your impending decision to affect your senior season of high school...

You have to be decided before you make a decision. You must have a really short memory click-me My point is simple, dont set a commitment date until you are 100% sure where you want to go.

I certainly have no inside information -- other than what I read on these boards -- but I feel Geno is all AU.  The way he has handled everything, and the remarks he has made about each school, just make me think that if his mind is made up it is for Auburn.

He seems to have made stronger statements about AU than bama, and I believe if he weren't picking Auburn he would postpone his decision until he felt stronger about the other school.

I hope GS pulls an AU hat out and says "War Eagle Baby". If not we lost a great player, but there are other guys we can get.

Yep, would love to have him, but we'll be fine without him.  WDE!

Bagman, i just cant understand why the NCAA would tell DS anything.

What is bagman and what in the world are you guys talking about?

Some more of that bama BS, about the newtons taking cash. Danny is saying again that he knows who the "Bagman" is and will let it be known on the PF show tomorrow.

I will admit that I have no inside source, but I feel good about Geno.  The one thing that concerns me, though, is Momma.  For the life of me, I can't understand how any parent could be so infatuated with Satan as she has been reported to be (see the camp speech to the sixth grade kids).  Now, if Momma is reading this, my comment is not a reflection on your parenting nor your motives, because Geno seems to be a great kid.  I just don't understand it.  My second point, one that makes me feel good, is that Satan's recruiting strategy seems to be the opposite of ours and many others;  that is, get the big dogs in the cage as early as possible, and then isolate them from the recruiting world.  Examples this year;  Williams, Lee, Ragland.  As the recruiting year goes on, when UAT is in head-to-head battles for a big dog, their success drops (Kiel, Winston, Humphries).  Then, near signing day, some of the big dogs begin to waver;  Calloway, CK (last year).  Geno is a big dog.  Momma, we'd love to have your son play for us, and become a first-rounder in four years.  Ya'll need to come home to your new family. 

Geno could be a first rounder anywhere he goes, agree?  

Lucky for him, he has a few choices at several excellent programs that can get him to the NFL.

Would love to have him at AU, but I wish him the best of luck wherever he goes.

You have to be decided before you make a decision. You must have a really short memory click-me My point is simple, dont set a commitment date until you are 100% sure where you want to go.

And what if you aren't 100% sure where you want to go when the time comes that you have to make a decision or else lose the opportunity? People change their mind all the time; just ask Mike Blakely. My point is that maybe he doesn't want the hounding questions of whether he's going to choose AU, UA, or UGA after every game, the reporters constantly calling his house, bothering his teammates and coaches, etc.

Besides, who is to say that he isn't 100% decided? Just because he says he isn't doesn't make it so. This is how recruiting is these days. Not much that can be done about it.

Archived