DB Geno Smith Announcing August 17th**

AUSportTalk

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm thinking Winston may have called UA coaches to let them know he is choosing Fla St and they set Geno up to announce quickly.  Just a feeling I got.  :dunno:

I do not think the 2 are connected but I do think that JW is going to FSU.

And I disagree a little with the part about making a commitment based on where you want to go... we have seen first hand that the parents (or foster-parents) must be happy. Look at the Mike Blakely situation, and BC, CK, etc... Think of it this way... if Geno's mom was begging him to go to Auburn, things would be different right now. I don't think it would be close.

Cam initially didn't want to come to AU.....  Let it be. 

Cam wasn`t offered by AU out of high school.

B matthews has got an update on him, anyone summarize??

Nothing new, just the announcement time and that Geno had a meeting with his family last night and will have one tonight.

Family meeting????  Is this Geno Smith or Geno Huxtable who's announcing??

Nothing new, just the announcement time and that Geno had a meeting with his family last night and will have one tonight.

I think that having family involved is a great thing. Sometimes they seem to not care what is best for the kid, but most of the time they have the their best interest at heart. I come from a family that these decisions wouldn't have been made alone. It would have been discussed and I would be free to make my decision and would have 110% support of whatever decision I made. Having family supports really makes you comfortable making the best decision that you see fit and not making a decision to please them.

Is Geno good friends with any existing commitments?

Yes, There was a bunch but i cant remember them all. I know he is really good friends with Hosley!

I think that having family involved is a great thing. Sometimes they seem to not care what is best for the kid, but most of the time they have the their best interest at heart. I come from a family that these decisions wouldn't have been made alone. It would have been discussed and I would be free to make my decision and would have 110% support of whatever decision I made. Having family supports really makes you comfortable making the best decision that you see fit and not making a decision to please them.

Its good unless the family meeting ends up with him saying "I want to thank the university of alabama for everything they have done for my family"...

I believe he will announce in favor of the good guys. What I "read into it" through all of this is that he truly loves both. I just think he loves AU a little more and that's why he was close to pulling the trigger not that long ago. He held off and then took at trip to UA just to be sureit was the right decision. I have no reason to believe that trip was enough to sway him. BCW I think sealed the deal. AU was the first to offer him and the coaches were there from day one. I believe all of this helps us. If he doesn't pick us, oh well, good luck to him.

Its good unless the family meeting ends up with him saying "I want to thank the university of alabama for everything they have done for my family"...

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: Best line of the day!!!!

If he says that while his new 'Geno Smith Commitment Suit', it could still be good :)

Can someone FB or twitter Geno to make sure he's seen that alabama's o-line coach and director of football operations are getting Miami put on probation for dealings with a booster? This might the decision a little easier.

I'm thinking Winston may have called UA coaches to let them know he is choosing Fla St and they set Geno up to announce quickly.  Just a feeling I got.  :dunno:

I do not think the 2 are connected but I do think that JW is going to FSU.

And I disagree a little with the part about making a commitment based on where you want to go... we have seen first hand that the parents (or foster-parents) must be happy. Look at the Mike Blakely situation, and BC, CK, etc... Think of it this way... if Geno's mom was begging him to go to Auburn, things would be different right now. I don't think it would be close.

Cam initially didn't want to come to AU.....  Let it be. 

Cam wasn`t offered by AU out of high school.

Incorrect.  Cam was offered by AU.  But chose Florida because of the commitment of Kodi Burns.

He's Bama Bound so what now?

1. Where are you gettin g that Sparkey? 2. It would be nice if you would be optimistic once in a while...and 3. even if we miss Geno we have many other DB prospects. We would love to get Geno but we are not desperate for him.

I am not being pessimistic ellitor. From everything I've read, he's Bama bound. You guys just like to concentrate on the negative stuff I say. I was by no means saying we are desparate either. I only want to know where we're going if Geno commits to UA. I would love for him to come to AU but the mood seems to be that he's going to UA. That's all right, I wish him the best if that's the case and I wish him the best if he comes here of course. I just was wondering where we were going after Geno Smith is all. I'm not being negative.

I am not being pessimistic ellitor. From everything I've read, he's Bama bound. You guys just like to concentrate on the negative stuff I say. I was by no means saying we are desparate either. I only want to know where we're going if Geno commits to UA. I would love for him to come to AU but the mood seems to be that he's going to UA. That's all right, I wish him the best if that's the case and I wish him the best if he comes here of course. I just was wondering where we were going after Geno Smith is all. I'm not being negative.

If so I think it could be Jones and Elston. IMO. But let's rules out Geno yet. Come onnnn Geno!

Archived