DB Geno Smith Announcing August 17th**

AUSportTalk

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am not being pessimistic ellitor. From everything I've read, he's Bama bound. You guys just like to concentrate on the negative stuff I say. I was by no means saying we are desparate either. I only want to know where we're going if Geno commits to UA. I would love for him to come to AU but the mood seems to be that he's going to UA. That's all right, I wish him the best if that's the case and I wish him the best if he comes here of course. I just was wondering where we were going after Geno Smith is all. I'm not being negative.

Well to answer your question Bush, TJ davis, and the Jones's would be next on the docket.

I am not being pessimistic ellitor. From everything I've read, he's Bama bound. You guys just like to concentrate on the negative stuff I say. I was by no means saying we are desparate either. I only want to know where we're going if Geno commits to UA. I would love for him to come to AU but the mood seems to be that he's going to UA. That's all right, I wish him the best if that's the case and I wish him the best if he comes here of course. I just was wondering where we were going after Geno Smith is all. I'm not being negative.

If so I think it could be Jones and Elston. IMO. But let's not rules out Geno yet. Come onnnn Geno!

Good news that those guys will be in attendance if it's true.  Hopefully, he will commit to Auburn tomorrow, if not, the coaches will find another great player to fill his spot.  

:wedance::believe:

If so I think it could be Jones and Elston. IMO. But let's not rules out Geno yet. Come onnnn Geno!

Good news that those guys will be in attendance if it's true.  Hopefully, he will commit to Auburn tomorrow, if not, the coaches will find another great player to fill his spot.  

:wedance::believe:

I wouldn't read anything into who is going to be there on this one. It may just be too close to call.

Just read that Charles G, Bryan M, and Jeff L will be attending tommorrow. Anyone else hearing this? Sounds good for us if true.

Have you heard if bama's guys are gonna be there. If they are not and these three are  :tdau::wedance:

In all reality, it's August, February is a looong ways off in recruiting years, and he doesn't sound 100% about it. This will be an announcement, not a decision. The decision comes when pen goes to paper in February.

Cam initially didn't want to come to AU.....  Let it be. 

Cam wasn`t offered by AU out of high school.

Incorrect.  Cam was offered by AU.  But chose Florida because of the commitment of Kodi Burns.

He was technically offered a scholarship, but it was not a committable offer. He wanted to go to Auburn, as I stated in a response to the initially quoted post above several pages back, but the coaches wanted Kodi more, so he didn't get recruited too hard and ended up going to Florida.

2:15 Central

Thanks bro!

With this and some other crap going on tomorrow this site is going to be PACKED.

can you just tell me now?? class starts tomorrow and I don't think surfing AE will get me through this semester  :'(

2:15 Central

Thanks bro!

With this and some other crap going on tomorrow this site is going to be PACKED.

can you just tell me now?? class starts tomorrow and I don't think surfing AE will get me through this semester  :'(

I don't listen to pondscum. If you have any interest you may want to listen to him tomorrow. Our doors may be closed Thursday  ;)  ;)  so it may be a very short semester for you. A's all around!!!! heck A+'s!!!!

why would he want to play for a Coaching staff at ALABAMA that has a history of coaching at schools that cheat, have scandals,give recruits improper benefits, and are arrogant slimballs.  

The AUBURN coaching staff has morals and values and not only wants to make them the best football player they can be but great men.

IMO  He's all in if he's smart

I'm not sure where Geno is going to commit but I know one thing, our coaches can recruit so if he goes elsewhere we will be just fine.

FWIW, I have been confident about Geno the whole time, but I'm starting to grow worrisome. Signs point both ways, and it's too easy to over-analyze this whole situation. Having said that, I'll be anticipating Geno's announcement; hopefully for the good guys.

I believe he will commit to Auburn.  When you have the Paul Finebaum show scheduled before Geno's decision, it's Alabama trying their best to create reasonable doubt in the young man's mind. When you have an Alabama fan take a football game overboard by poisoning someone's property, the choice is "clear."  Considering the lastest developments at UA and UM, Alabama needs their alumni to help land a great recruit.

In the end, his mind and heart will be with Auburn because our coaches are honest and top-notch.  The excitement and buzz and fun is what the kids want.  We won't need to air a show to throw dirt just before a recruit makes a decision.  That's why I love Auburn.  We are doing things the right way.  How many teams and fans are blessed enough to say that?

WAR EAGLE!!

:believe:

I believe he will commit to Auburn.  When you have the Paul Finebaum show scheduled before Geno's decision, it's Alabama trying their best to create reasonable doubt in the young man's mind. When you have an Alabama fan take a football game overboard by poisoning someone's property, the choice is "clear."  Considering the lastest developments at UA and UM, Alabama needs their alumni to help land a great recruit.

In the end, his mind and heart will be with Auburn because our coaches are honest and top-notch.  The excitement and buzz and fun is what the kids want.  We won't need to air a show to throw dirt just before a recruit makes a decision.  That's why I love Auburn.  We are doing things the right way.  How many teams and fans are blessed enough to say that?

WAR EAGLE!!

:believe:

His decision and the show are at virtually the same time. PF starts at 2;06 and he announces at 2;15. I doubt he will have the radio on.

Archived