DB Geno Smith Announcing August 17th**

AUSportTalk

IMO Geno is absolutely going to bammer.... If you follow his twitter the ONLY players he follows are bammer players and he retweets every single tweet from bama fans. Definitely doesn't look good for us. I'd say it's a sure thing at this point.

You cannot go by his twitter.  He has been playing games since day 1.  He retweets everybody, AU, uga, bam, ....  BTW he said in a rivals article that he has way more friends at AU than ua.  He named 6 or 7 guys on AU's team (including recruits) that he keeps in constant contact with.  He only named 2 guys at bam that he talks to.  Don't read too much into twitter. 

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Luginbill tweet look for alabama to pick up a excellent defensive player soon!

Was this tweet today??  Kinda early to be tweeting about a decision for next Wednesday.  I imagine they will get a good d player this week by that comment. 

Being honest, how many believe that this infatuation with Geno (over 750 posts in two threads) is more of; " I want him so the bammers won't get him", or, "I want him because AU and UAT are his two finalists", rather than he's the best of our DB prospects?  And he may very well be the best, I don't know, and if Geno is reading this, I know you are very, very good.  The 17th will be a great day if he chooses us, but if he doesn't, the sun will still come up on the 18th (unless the Mayan calendar is screwed up!!)

Thought you didn't read much into tweets?

Not Geno's.  If you follow Geno's recruiting thread long enough, one thing emphasized throughout is to not put stock into his tweets.... one day he says war eagle, the next day he says rtr.  As far as professional/expert analyst tweets, yeah I follow those quite closely. 

I feel as strong about Geno as i do any of our commitments. I believe he's "ALL AUBURN". No way i believe a parent would stand in the way of what their child really wants to do. His heart is at Auburn, and we'll have his signature come signing day.

FWIW.... He follows Josh Holsey & Josh's mom on twitter and they tweet alot.... Holsey's mom tweeted to him the other day that Aug 17th is a good day to announce since it's her bday and he re-tweeted it!

FWIW.... He follows Josh Holsey & Josh's mom on twitter and they tweet alot.... Holsey's mom tweeted to him the other day that Aug 17th is a good day to announce since it's her bday and he re-tweeted it!

Now there's a tweet I like!

Hey, since my wife isn't on AE, I'll go ahead and say I'd follow that lady anywhere. JH's mom is one of a kind rare beauty of a dimepiece.

Hey, since my wife isn't on AE, I'll go ahead and say I'd follow that lady anywhere. JH's mom is one of a kind rare beauty of a dimepiece.

Im tigerboi256, and I approve ^THIS^ message!  ;D

You do realize Josh's Mom is a member of AE, don't you???  :laugh:  :laugh:  Seriously. 

You do realize Josh's Mom is a member of AE, don't you???   :laugh:   :laugh:  Seriously. 

Interesting. I wonder if Josh's mom has tried to convert Geno's mom!

Archived