DB Geno Smith Announcing August 17th**

AUSportTalk

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We will get our share of great players even if he decides for Alabama.  I have confidence in our staff (best in the nation.  Period.).  Best of luck to the young man.

I believe he will commit to Auburn.  When you have the Paul Finebaum show scheduled before Geno's decision, it's Alabama trying their best to create reasonable doubt in the young man's mind. When you have an Alabama fan take a football game overboard by poisoning someone's property, the choice is "clear."  Considering the lastest developments at UA and UM, Alabama needs their alumni to help land a great recruit.

I think Finebaum's show will air at 2pm whether Geno commits at 1, 2, 5, 9, or whenever.  It is cartoon character ridiculous to think Finebaum's show is manipulated by Bama boosters to affect recruiting.  Finebaum's show has one goal and one goal alone....to make Finebaum money.  The higher his ratings, the more advertising his staff/network sells, the more he gets paid.  Plain and simple.  I doubt he cares one iota about Saban, Chizik, Bama, Auburn, etc.  He is just trying to get paid.  More Bama fans by far listen to his show than Auburn fans, so inherently he caters to his viewing audience to maintain it.

Fans who assume every kid who goes some place besides AU because of booster influence is basically slandering the character of these kids.  If Geno goes to Bama, I assume he thinks it is a better fit for his goals of going to the NFL.

Most 4 stars never make it to the NFL.  But most aare led by staffs from all programs to belielve that they will.

Counsel, I was about to post the same thing. Some of the people on this board and most of the uat fans I know live in fairy tail land with all of the conspiracy theories. I hate this rivalry. It turns ordinary people into morons.

As far as Geno is concerned, who knows. I think the kid is torn. We may lose out in the end but if we did, the coaches gave it their best.

Mark Murphy said not to get your hopes up on this one. Not good news

I guess with Geno and the "Bagman" today, the updykes will party late into the night.

Supposedly he's sporting an bama.edu wrist band at school and his mom has a new Bama sticker on her car.

Unless he is pulling a Ray Drew, he's all Alabama.

I believe Deon Bush will be deciding sooner with the lil story that broke yesterday about that school in south FL. Holsey and Bush will be a great haul. Holsey has been impressive this summer.

It is strange how so much has changed with Geno in two and a half months. He was saying how close he was with Pike, Holsey, Hutcherson, and others. He spoke about how he was going to help bring the # 1 recruiting class to Auburn shortly after "Big Cat Weekend". That's proof right there that there is no such thing as a "lock".

It is strange how so much has changed with Geno in two and a half months. He was saying how close he was with Pike, Holsey, Hutcherson, and others. He spoke about how he was going to help bring the # 1 recruiting class to Auburn shortly after "Big Cat Weekend". That's proof right there that there is no such thing as a "lock".

It's just a case of where Geno's momma got snowed by Saban.  I believe she means well, she was just conned by a con artist.

Well if he does go to the Updykes then I wish him the best and it is time to move on.  I care way more about the players who wanted to be part of the Auburn family than the ones who don't.  So, we'll wait for the announcement but if that's how it goes then move on we shall. 

An insider on RIvals said he will go to uat.

J Lee has also changed his mind and now says he will go to uat.

I hate it for the kid - he will miss playing with Holsey.

Good news is that he can transfer after they cut him loose in a few years (joking of course).

I am not worried, is Geno the number one player in america, no, would he be a great player for us, yes, did the turds come in after us and sway him yes, ooooooooh I'm shaking in my boots i'm so scared.

This year is a bumper crop of DB's. We are fine. Lots of great DB's still on the board!  :wareagle:  :wedance:

I am not worried, is Geno the number one player in america, no, would he be a great player for us, yes, did the turds come in after us and sway him yes, ooooooooh I'm shaking in my boots i'm so scared.

This year is a bumper crop of DB's. We are fine. Lots of great DB's still on the board!   :wareagle:   :wedance:

Exactly... We are actually pretty deep with DB's... If we only take 3 we are fine.

Holsey, Jones, & Bush would be good enough... I think we pick up a 4th from someone instate like McGaster or Humes.

This year is a bumper crop of DB's. We are fine. Lots of great DB's still on the board!   :wareagle:   :wedance:

Exactly... We are actually pretty deep with DB's... If we only take 3 we are fine.

Holsey, Jones, & Bush would be good enough... I think we pick up a 4th from someone instate like McGaster or Humes.

As of right now, I think the only in-state DB is Trae Elston. We still have a shot with C. Jones and Agholor.

As of right now, I think the only in-state DB is Trae Elston. We still have a shot with C. Jones and Agholor.

Cyrus would be sweet but if we dont get him I think we pick up one of those instate players... Agholor would prob commit if we told him we want him as a WR only... He wants to play WR & thats the only way I think we get him.

Well with Geno going to the Gumps what about that guy Darby? I know he is committed to ND right now but from what I remember Geno tweeted that he had a great time during his visit to Auburn. I would like to get him.

Well with Geno going to the Gumps what about that guy Darby? I know he is committed to ND right now but from what I remember Geno tweeted that he had a great time during his visit to Auburn. I would like to get him.

I don't think that Darby is an option I think that we are aiming for Bush and Jones.

It seems to me that Geno's stock has dropped through the summer evaluation/camp process while other d-backs have risen up the board.  Seems to be enjoying the process more than working hard on being a better player.

Good Luck to Geno, I will not be one of those 50 year old fans commenting on either way he goes...Auburn is gonna be deep at DB whether we get Smith or not.... :wareagle::believe:

Archived