DB Geno Smith Announcing August 17th**

AUSportTalk

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, so noone knows what it says.  Haha, thanks nice.

Here's the highlights of the rivals article:

- Wednesday morning announcement

- both coaching staffs kept the school's in it for him

- he nearly committed to AU in the spring, but he wanted to make sure it was the right decision... he said he was real close to committing to AU then

- his mom loves CGC and Trooper Taylor

- he has built relationships with lil nicky, smart, rumph, burns at uat

- determining factor will be comfort, academics, and environment

- he's not worried about playing time, says he will have to compete at both schools

To me, it sounds better for us.... JMO.  :we:

- he nearly committed to AU in the spring, but he wanted to make sure it was the right decision... he said he was real close to committing to AU then

- he's not worried about playing time, says he will have to compete at both schools

side note: he wants to major in Broadcasting

side note: he wants to major in Broadcasting

He should go to Syracuse. j/k

I agree - and what's interesting is the comment regarding his mother's feelings towards the coaches - not that I doubt it, but we've heard all along about her feelings towards the UAT's coaches, so it's nice to hear the same sentiments towards the coaches of the good guys. #fingerscrossed

:we:

Has anyone heard if Matthews, Hoke, and/or J. Lee will be at Geno's announcement on Wednesday?

Not heard, and I see you have caught on to it.  If one of our guy's say they will be in attendance at the announcment, that's a good indicator an AU commitment is soon to follow.  They are there so they can give interviews shortly after the commitment. 

"Ok, so noone knows what it says.  Haha, thanks nice." 

Thanks for somehow being able to understand what I was trying to get through...  Haha thanks for the info  2 days!

I am glad JLee is going thats great news, can anyone confirm Bryan M. going?  I hope Geno doesnt bring us out there to make us look bad.

Matthews said on SportsCall that he is undecided on whether he will go or not but that could change.

I am glad JLee is going thats great news, can anyone confirm Bryan M. going?  I hope Geno doesnt bring us out there to make us look bad.

Matthews said on SportsCall that he is undecided on whether he will go or not but that could change.

He seemed to be a little smug about it. I think he's trying to downplay it for the kid, probably at Smith's request. My prediction is sometime tomorrow, he'll announce that he's going to cover Geno's announcement.

Geno is going to bammer as of this afternoon.  But he has changed his mind more than once before, so I not only wouldn't bet on where he commits Wednesday, but I wouldn't bet that where he commits is where he actually signs. Kid apparently seems genuinely torn.

I doubt many know where he's going...but...usually when a guy is going to come to the good side it "feels" better than this.  For that reason I think he's going updyke.

Geno is going to bammer as of this afternoon.  But he has changed his mind more than once before, so I not only wouldn't bet on where he commits Wednesday, but I wouldn't bet that where he commits is where he actually signs. Kid apparently seems genuinely torn.

:timeout:  Its august....pretty damn ridiculous that you set a decision date when you aren't 100% decided! 

:timeout:  Its august....pretty damn ridiculous that you set a decision date when you aren't 100% decided! 

I believe he is 100% decided. Kids are a lot more advanced than they were 10 or 15 years ago. The internet makes it a lot easier to research each school quicker and all the football camps that are available today helps a lot.

The new trend is for kids to commit early or lose out on where they really want to go.

Any proof of this? Or just speculation?

I honestly thought Smith was Bama-bound, but since Sheridan is supposed to be identifying the "bagman" this Wednesday, which just happens to be the same day Smith announces his choice, it makes me wonder if Sheridan has gotten inside information that Smith is going to choose AU and he is using this date for his announcement to either pour cold water on Smith or to possibly use this to get Smith to choose UA. Sheridan's previous 2 announcements on the "bagman" have come at opportune times (for him and Bama, BTW) why shouldn't this one?

I honestly thought Smith was Bama-bound, but since Sheridan is supposed to be identifying the "bagman" this Wednesday, which just happens to be the same day Smith announces his choice, it makes me wonder if Sheridan has gotten inside information that Smith is going to choose AU and he is using this date for his announcement to either pour cold water on Smith or to possibly use this to get Smith to choose UA. Sheridan's previous 2 announcements on the "bagman" have come at opportune times (for him and Bama, BTW) why shouldn't this one?

Interesting.  He is a bammer, isn't he?

Archived