Saban hires coaches that cheat

Tiger Scout

Has anyone noticed that Saban hired the Coach from Miss St that was involved in the money deal and cam newton at Miss St. Now there are two coaches at Alabama that were on the Miami staff during this new scandal and its a major one. IMO Saban has a history of hiring coaches that have no morals and will do anything to win and of course are willing to look the other way towards anything wrong with recruiting. How many more coaches will we find have been involved in something fishy?  Amazing they say they don't cheat but there is so many things showing they will do anything to win and so will there boosters.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In fairness, I'm sure there are plenty of similar things that can be written about Auburn. Not saying I disagree with you, only that there is enough cheating going on in college football for most every coach to have been around it at some point in his career, and it doesn't take much to twist facts to fit a vendetta (again, not at all saying you're doing this, just saying that it can be done to most any program).

So, are you saying Auburn is cheating?  :timeout: Are you saying the bammers were right about the cam newton allegations and that our coaches are dealing dirty?

Also, if saban is hiring multiple people that have been involved in shady business to work at a school that excels in ncaa violations and loves perpetual probation, wouldn't suspicion, at the least, cross one's mind about how things are done under saban's administration?

Just because the standard is already low for coaching in general doesn't mean being sub-standard is ok. It also doesn't mean that Coach Chizik, who can be quoted multiple times saying "That's not how we do things" in reference to underhandedness, or his staff, has had any involvement in the standard or sub-standard way of coaching.

I'm sorry if I misunderstood your post but I do not believe that Auburn's coaching staff is doing anything that would be even remotely considered cheating.

War Eagle!

In fairness, I'm sure there are plenty of similar things that can be written about Auburn. Not saying I disagree with you, only that there is enough cheating going on in college football for most every coach to have been around it at some point in his career, and it doesn't take much to twist facts to fit a vendetta (again, not at all saying you're doing this, just saying that it can be done to most any program).

I agree. This definitely isn't something that is that big of a deal. Didn't we hire the compliance guy from Georgia Tech? I'm sure that one of the interview questions isn't, "Have you been involved in a massive cheating scandal at your previous school? "

If you are a coach at bammer, you have reached the "Major League" of cheating. Every other school that cheats is considered the minor leagues compared to the cheating that goes on at turdtown. The REC just does a very good job of keeping everybody well paid and taken care of so they will keep quiet. Or they just send henchmen to shut you up.

Actually I think Ga Tech was hammered for "stupidity" and not for massive recruiting violations.  

If they had bothered to self-report the $300 benefit, they would have gotten off with a couple games suspension for the player involved.  Instead, they did exactly what the NCAA told them "not to do"  and then got into a fuss with the NCAA about it.   In the stories I have read, the culprits were the AD and the Head Coach.  

At Miami and other schools, coaches hanging out at fancy eateries or night clubs with flashy boosters are asking for trouble and deserve what they get.... IMO.

Yes, he has hired coaches that cheat....See Miami.....

So, are you saying Auburn is cheating?  :timeout: Are you saying the bammers were right about the cam newton allegations and that our coaches are dealing dirty?

I'm sorry if I misunderstood your post but I do not believe that Auburn's coaching staff is doing anything that would be even remotely considered cheating.

War Eagle!

I'm not Red, but his point was NOT that AU cheats....

The point, from what I read: the sins committed by "program A" do not automaticaly become the sins of "program B" simply because there may be some of the same assistants who worked @ both schools...

It is human nature to make hasty assumptions... easy to do in this type situation depending on whether you want to believe they are guilty or not...

You could easily make this assumption about coaches that have been hired at Auburn throughout the years as well. If you dig deep enough I'd be willing to say you could find every coach thats been around in major college football for over 8 years.

These 2 guys were directly named in what is possibly the worst violations in NCAA history. After months of Updyke speculation that the Yahoo! "10" was aboout AU, I find it hilarious that 2 cureent members of their staff were named. This stuff is about to add up. You've got an AD whose school has been on probation since he has been there. You've got players hanging out with Boosters at Japanese Steak Houses, signing tons of memorabilia for him, and post for pics while they hang out at his store, and now you've got dirty coaches who are bound to be interviewed by the NCAA for previous recruiting tactics (Hello Frank Haith http://content.usatoday.com/communities/campusrivalry/post/2011/08/miami-frank-haith-ncaa-payment-dequan-jones-nevin-shapiro/1). One of which was their recruiter for Cyrus K. I wonder if the UAT compliance department will issue a statement very soon telling the NCAA don't worry about it, we got this.

These 2 guys were directly named in what is possibly the worst violations in NCAA history. After months of Updyke speculation that the Yahoo! "10" was aboout AU, I find it hilarious that 2 cureent members of their staff were named. This stuff is about to add up. You've got an AD whose school has been on probation since he has been there. You've got players hanging out with Boosters at Japanese Steak Houses, signing tons of memorabilia for him, and post for pics while they hang out at his store, and now you've got dirty coaches who are bound to be interviewed by the NCAA for previous recruiting tactics (Hello Frank Haith http://content.usatoday.com/communities/campusrivalry/post/2011/08/miami-frank-haith-ncaa-payment-dequan-jones-nevin-shapiro/1). One of which was their recruiter for Cyrus K. I wonder if the UAT compliance department will issue a statement very soon telling the NCAA don't worry about it, we got this.

Uh-Ohh....There is and old saying " Sweep around your own front door before you come sweep around mine" I do not get into all the Alabama cheats, Alabama this or that but I do know that when someone ( coaches, boosters etc..) finds ways to get an advantage or get around the system at one job, usually tries the same things at the new job. "If it ain't broke don't fix it" is just naturally how people tend to be, weather it is working hard and doing things right or cutting corners, cheating. I cannot say one way or the other about Alabama, Miami, OSU, Oregon or any institution under investigation. It is just funny to me how everyone accused Auburn of wrong without any burden of proof and now they are under investigation

What does this have to do with Auburn?  Issues at Bama our of no concern to me

Some people are interested! That is why there are post's that have a wide range of topics. It is up to you weather you read or respond to them! :dunno:

These two coaches could be the key to the whole T-Town Mens Wear scam. I agree, what works at one institution could work at another. We have a booster in place (Ole Tom Albetar) who has documeted ties to Alabama players. The NCAA investigation of the two former and now Alabama coaches could lead the NCAA right to the doorstep of the T-town mens wear shoppe...this might be the break in the story. SSB and Clay Travis obviously would think a connection exist. Look for a new story by SSB and CT in the coming days, weeks, as this story in Miami unfolds...stay tune to "As the World Turns". IMO  :dunno:    

These two coaches could be the key to the whole T-Town Mens Wear scam. I agree, what works at one institution could work at another. We have a booster in place (Ole Tom Albetar) who has documeted ties to Alabama players. The NCAA investigation of the two former and now Alabama coaches could lead the NCAA right to the doorstep of the T-town mens wear shoppe...this might be the break in the story. SSB and Clay Travis obviously would think a connection exist. Look for a new story by SSB and CT in the coming days, weeks, as this story in Miami unfolds...stay tune to "As the World Turns". IMO  :dunno:    

There is a link to a clothing store in the Yahoo article if i remember correctly. I am not going back to re-read it though.

How about us quit being so hypocritical about "Bammers" while doing the same thing we are accussing them of.  These two coaches in question were hired at Bama in January and Feb. of this year.  They have nothing to do with any clothing store issues Bama may have.  Not to mention on of these same coaches once walked our sidelines and coached our guys.  I will be glad when both fan bases quit throwing rocks and try to support their own teams.  I remember not too long ago when many of us were talking trash about one Mr. Upshaw and his run in with the law and before we could blink it was in our own living room. 

Some of you guys need to grow up and quit acting like teenagers..  Support your team and let all the others deal with their issues.

I just went on Alabama's official football site to get some more info on the two coaches that were named and their pictures and profiles have been removed.  Very interesting.

Guest JNieder51188

What does this have to do with Auburn?  Issues at Bama our of no concern to me

Some people are interested! That is why there are post's that have a wide range of topics. It is up to you weather you read or respond to them! :dunno:

i think his point is how does this have anything to do with Auburn football. Not trying to slam anyone but i come to this section of the websiter for Auburn football. After all it is less than 3 weeks away.

How about us quit being so hypocritical about "Bammers" while doing the same thing we are accussing them of.  These two coaches in question were hired at Bama in January and Feb. of this year.  They have nothing to do with any clothing store issues Bama may have.  Not to mention on of these same coaches once walked our sidelines and coached our guys.  I will be glad when both fan bases quit throwing rocks and try to support their own teams.  I remember not too long ago when many of us were talking trash about one Mr. Upshaw and his run in with the law and before we could blink it was in our own living room. 

Some of you guys need to grow up and quit acting like teenagers..  Support your team and let all the others deal with their issues.

Who are you Rodney King...the "can't we all just get along" doesn't exist here. I support my team and "I AM" the others that deal with these issues.  >:(

Let's play Jeopardy...Alex, I will take a "type of person" for $1,000.00.

"Having or displaying a sense of overbearing self-worth or self-importance, marked by or arising from a feeling or assumption of one's superiority toward others...What is _____ ? You fill in the blank.

I never said you had to get along with other teams, especially our rival.  But we look like idoits when we do the exact same thing we joke about them doing but yet it's ok for us to do the same.  I understand this is what fans do and will always do so my opinions will not change anything but my opinions are no more wrong or right than yours..

Who are you Rodney King...the "can't we all just get along" doesn't exist here. I support my team and "I AM" the others that deal with these issues.  >:(

I just went on Alabama's official football site to get some more info on the two coaches that were named and their pictures and profiles have been removed.  Very interesting.

They are still listed!

http://www.rolltide.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/m-footbl-coaches.html

cecil newton and miss st were involved in a pay for play scandal that has been admitted to. Cam newton was ineligible to play at Miss st last year. Because he didn't go to Miss St and went to Auburn (who did not pay or do anything wrong) he was eligible to play. You are ineligible at the school the infraction occured at, not at the new one you go to. Thats the rule and this was all admitted to and reported.Nothing wrong happened at AUBURN, something wrong happened at MISS ST involving Newton recruitment.

Archived