Finbomb kept out.

auspanky

Has anyone know for sure that Auburn has told Finebumb that they would not issue Press Credentials to him. They said he could purchase tickets like everyone else. He had this on his show yesterday. He got into something.

I know he is on Jay Jacobs crap list but for what I have no clue. Anyone have any idea. On another note how can you listen to that creep. Claims he doesn't have any bias to one team or another but he defends the turds left and right and throws us under the bus anytime he gets a chance. I wish all Auburn fans would just boycott that loser.

Is Fbomb a bama lean......yes.  But he he calls it as he sees it.  He defended Cam and has called out all the crappy bama coaches (most recently gottfried).  As Auburn people, we rise above the childish stuff and have reasonable conversations/debates.  Even though it's hard, we always have to be the adult in a room full of bammers.  Bless their hearts.

I know he is on Jay Jacobs crap list but for what I have no clue. Anyone have any idea. On another note how can you listen to that creep. Claims he doesn't have any bias to one team or another but he defends the turds left and right and throws us under the bus anytime he gets a chance. I wish all Auburn fans would just boycott that loser.

Was PF on Jacobs "crap list" before or after he was given access to our sidelines during last Saturday's game?  Just curious as to when he hit Jay's list.

Is Fbomb a bama lean......yes.  But he he calls it as he sees it.  He defended Cam and has called out all the crappy bama coaches (most recently gottfried).  As Auburn people, we rise above the childish stuff and have reasonable conversations/debates.  Even though it's hard, we always have to be the adult in a room full of bammers.  Bless their hearts.

Uh... what? He's the one that has perpetuated the "AU paid for Cam Newton" myth for the last six months. I don't listen to him, ever, but from what I've heard reported he refuses to allow mention of TTown Menswear, but has one guy after the next on to talk about how Cam was bought, highlighted by that lunatic Danny Sheridan.

At best, Finebaum is a self interested Jerry Springer that AU doesn't need.

My first reaction was that this was classless on our part.  Then I thought some more.  The whole Danny Sheridan thing was just too much.

Finebaum can say anything he wants on the radio, and he'd still deserve a press pass.  But the Danny Sheridan was just was irresponsible.

Ok, the question has not been answered. Has Auburn told slimebaum that they would not issue him a press pass? I would seriously love that.

They just issued him a sideline pass 6 days ago.

You must listen to a different show than I did at one time. I agree that we spread a lot of childish stuff but not on this subject of Cam. Just saying. I could go further but no need to discuss him any further.

Not giving him a pass would be a huge mistake and big win for him. That kind of "story" is exactly what his show is built on so by us continually giving him a pass, it weakens his show because that's 1 less thing he can stir the pot on and it tells him how insignificant we think he is.

Smart move on our part. It's why we'll continue to be successful with this group (coaches and staff); ego and emotion don't dictate the actions we take. War Eagle!

Actually discussing that sorry goober is a waste of a thread.  We all would benifit from a no PF policy. We spend way too much time fretting about him.

The AU administration may allow fbomb to be on campus and issue him whatever pass he requests but no one and I mean no one wants him there.

What a desperate, pitiful, pathetic excuse for a man he must be to insist on being someplace where he is so obviously not welcome.

"[Finebaum] calls it as he sees it." Seriously? I will agree with you that he did defend Cam at the first, but apparently you have not been listening to his show the last few months, along with having Danny Sheridan on to promote his "bagman" theory. I for one do not believe for one minutes that Finebaum did not know that Sheridan was going to make that pronouncement when he did a couple of months ago that he he had inside info from someone in the NCAA that they knew who the "bagman" was. Also, have you ever heard Finebaum talk about the recruitment of Brent Calloway or Cyrus Koudjo (may be misspelled)? Have you ever heard him talk about the Gadsden Dodge Dealership? Have you ever heard him talk about the T-Town Menswear and it's owner? If you have, please let us know the dates if you can so that we can see if there might be archives of those shows so we can hear them for ourselves.

Ok, the question has not been answered. Has Auburn told slimebaum that they would not issue him a press pass? I would seriously love that.

No.  Auburn has not told him that and won't. 

1. That show with Sheridan was as staged a show and scripted bunch of crap that I have ever listened to. It was EASY to tell that every word was scripted. Because a story like this would give Fineburn what no other journalist had, THE GUY WHO PAID THE MONEY. And a host that thought he was about to break a GIGANTIC story would have been way more upset than he was when Sheridan said what he said. Total BS.

2. Fineburn knows, because saban has probably said, that if anybody goes against bama in the media, their credentials will be pulled. Why do y'all think that the state media never writes or says anything but good things about the turds? They can't lose their press passes because bammer is how they make their money.

No.  Auburn has not told him that and won't. 

Let him go ahead and visit Auburn all he wants. He just shouldn't expect a warm welcome.

Not sure how old most of you here are, but I can assure you that Finebaum is not a turd lover, nor an AU hater.  Do you not remember the Dubose, Fran, Price, Shula, Rodriguez years?  What Finebaum IS:  A very smart graduate of Tennessee who understands this rivalry.  He has made a fortune pitting us against each other for over 20 years.  If you listen to PF for anything other than entertainment, then you will be distraught all the days of your lives.

Make peace not war!!!

PF is a Saban worshipper and he will do anything that spanky ask of him. PF has not said a negative thing about spuat in a LONG time. On the other hand.....he has pounded / bashed AU on a daily basis.  He has gone on TV (bspn OTL, etc.) and called AU the dirtiest CFB in the nation, that AU has a plantation mentality, ridiculed Caddy Williams about his speech dialect (racism), etc., etc.  Since the BCSCG he has spread rumors and allegations about Cam and and the bagman crap over and over again. He is a media whore and he has his wagon hitched up to spanky and the REC.

Not sure how old most of you here are, but I can assure you that Finebaum is not a turd lover, nor an AU hater.  Do you not remember the Dubose, Fran, Price, Shula, Rodriguez years?  What Finebaum IS:  A very smart graduate of Tennessee who understands this rivalry.  He has made a fortune pitting us against each other for over 20 years.  If you listen to PF for anything other than entertainment, then you will be distraught all the days of your lives.

Make peace not war!!!

How'd you get in here? You're rational!!!!!!! It won't do you any good, but for goodness sakes don't lose it.

It blows my mind how easy it is for media to manipulate some people. Good luck. :bow:

Make peace not war!!!

I'm 59 years old, and have listened off-and-on to Fbum since he started his radio show and, before that, I read his newspaper columns. Fbum is not, as some believe, an equal opportunity offender who simply stirs the pot. I believe Fbum has an agenda, and it is whatever is in his own best financial interests. I remember Fbum making a very distinct pro-Auburn change in his radio comments after Colonial Bank became a big sponsor of his show. When Colonial Bank went belly-up, the pro-Auburn sentiment stopped. And with respect to the grief he gave bammer over Shula, I suspect there were REC members who advertised and/or simply funneled money to Fbum to help them push Shula out the door so they could get someone like $aban.

The only influence on Fbum other than $$$ is his desire to be in favor with Pete Thamel of the NYT and certain other national media figures. He changed 180 degrees and started going after Cam after talking with "some national media types" who told him there were going to be more article written about the Cam investigation in the national press. His conversation with the "national media types" (i.e., Pete Thamel) came after the coaches meeting where Coach Chizik asked the Lache of the NCAA about investigations, and she said he would know when the NCAA was finished investigating. I believe Thamel told Fbum about this, so Fbum hinted about it on the air (so he would look like he had "inside info" before Thamel's story ran.

Right now, Fbum is pretty much a corrosive influence whose loyalties have been bought by the REC and who will do anything to further his new "national) (Sirius, SI.com, ESPN go-to interviewee) image. None of it bodes well for Auburn.

I suppose Tim Cook could buy out all Fbum's ad spots for Apple, and we would get a pro-Auburn Fbum. But I don't think we really want that, anyway.

Archived