Finbomb kept out.

auspanky

I don't think the University told him that at all.  Finebaum probably has not heard any response from AU in either direction (as if they would), and is spinning it to speculate on whether he is not allowed there.  It's just self-promotion, that's all.  Not a lot of integrity.

Not sure how old most of you here are, but I can assure you that Finebaum is not a turd lover, nor an AU hater.  Do you not remember the Dubose, Fran, Price, Shula, Rodriguez years?  What Finebaum IS:  A very smart graduate of Tennessee who understands this rivalry.  He has made a fortune pitting us against each other for over 20 years.  If you listen to PF for anything other than entertainment, then you will be distraught all the days of your lives.

Make peace not war!!!

How'd you get in here? You're rational!!!!!!! It won't do you any good, but for goodness sakes don't lose it.

It blows my mind how easy it is for media to manipulate some people. Good luck. :bow:

I DO think what is interesting...preface, I'm not a Finebaum listener...no time for it...is that for once, Alabama (the state) has two quality (albeit VERY different) programs under two quality (albeit defined differently according to whom you talk) coaches.  There is no one team or individual to consistently "pick on", so he waffles, but those w/a deep passion for Auburn will naturally pick up on the biased nature of adding fuel to a fire that had no business being lit in the first place.  As an entertainer masked as a "journalist", what's a guy to do?  That's right.  Call in the sideshow.  Fire up the ignorant.  Mystify those who righteously get irritated by it but use their extra minutes after tuning in to post and stir the pot he started! 

The disconnect lies between his billing as a sports-journalist (and those who are listening to him in the hopes of getting some sports-worthy commentary) and his fruit as a Springer-esque shock artist.  For the record, it seems clear that those in the know stress that he is and should be viewed as ENTERTAINMENT ONLY (and that's definitely in the ear of the beholder). 

We COULD choose to turn the channel and keep the years on our life and use those minutes for influencing others for the better...

P.S.  He may be a UT grad and possible steadfast Rocky Top loyalist originally, but we all know that all who end up moving to Alabama MUST by popular pressure CHOOSE a local team--one of the two--to rally behind.  I'm mystified by the number of transplants I know who automatically chose 'Bama hands-down, "nationwide perception", state school, etc. without examining what it or Auburn stands for. And I personally believe that in my previous state of disenlightenment when I tuned in those less-than-five times, Paul Finebaum was only playing devil's advocate with any positive press given to Cam or Auburn.  HE SURE SEEMS TO HAVE CHOSEN, for the present, anyway.

Not sure how old most of you here are, but I can assure you that Finebaum is not a turd lover, nor an AU hater.  Do you not remember the Dubose, Fran, Price, Shula, Rodriguez years?  What Finebaum IS:  A very smart graduate of Tennessee who understands this rivalry.  He has made a fortune pitting us against each other for over 20 years.  If you listen to PF for anything other than entertainment, then you will be distraught all the days of your lives.

Make peace not war!!!

Paul? Is that you??

Make peace not war!!!

I'm 59 years old, and have listened off-and-on to Fbum since he started his radio show and, before that, I read his newspaper columns. Fbum is not, as some believe, an equal opportunity offender who simply stirs the pot. I believe Fbum has an agenda, and it is whatever is in his own best financial interests. I remember Fbum making a very distinct pro-Auburn change in his radio comments after Colonial Bank became a big sponsor of his show. When Colonial Bank went belly-up, the pro-Auburn sentiment stopped. And with respect to the grief he gave bammer over Shula, I suspect there were REC members who advertised and/or simply funneled money to Fbum to help them push Shula out the door so they could get someone like $aban.

The only influence on Fbum other than $$$ is his desire to be in favor with Pete Thamel of the NYT and certain other national media figures. He changed 180 degrees and started going after Cam after talking with "some national media types" who told him there were going to be more article written about the Cam investigation in the national press. His conversation with the "national media types" (i.e., Pete Thamel) came after the coaches meeting where Coach Chizik asked the Lache of the NCAA about investigations, and she said he would know when the NCAA was finished investigating. I believe Thamel told Fbum about this, so Fbum hinted about it on the air (so he would look like he had "inside info" before Thamel's story ran.

Right now, Fbum is pretty much a corrosive influence whose loyalties have been bought by the REC and who will do anything to further his new "national) (Sirius, SI.com, ESPN go-to interviewee) image. None of it bodes well for Auburn.

I suppose Tim Cook could buy out all Fbum's ad spots for Apple, and we would get a pro-Auburn Fbum. But I don't think we really want that, anyway.

Exactly!!! That's what I've been saying! Finebaum is for whatever makes him money. Money is his favorite team, and self promotion any way he can get it makes him lots of cold hard cash.

Auburn fans are just playing right into his hands....and so are the bammers. He's for sale to the highest bidder, and right now that's probably the REC. But if someone else came along and offered him a bigger load of cash, he'd switch over in a heartbeat. His comments, and how they are slanted, are always for sale. His loyalty is only to himself. He's a poisonous influence because people have allowed themselves to be used by him on his way to a bigger radio audience. He really doesn't care about AU or bammer outside of using the rivalry to make money.

Auburn fans should take themselves out of the equation....

There is no other program in the country that has to deal with a Finebaum .The bad thing is that the national media  plays along with it( ESPN)and sheds a negative spin on AU. He obviously wants this credentials bull to create publicity .

Archived