Meltdown

Barney

I think we must've picked up a whole lot of fair weather fans last year ....

Think any of these anti-Roofs have ever heard of a scapegoat?

:rolleyes:

War Eagle -- let's go start another win streak!

This is the first time the game announcers have undressed the defense.  If announcers continue to do so the heat is going to get turned up. 

Tough day, love our guys anyway. It's still a bright future and you all know it :we:

We all see the obvious, it won't change because the next 10000 post point it out.

We hope we learn and we hope to grow. War Damn Eagle anyway. :we:

I think we must've picked up a whole lot of fair weather fans last year ....

Think any of these anti-Roofs have ever heard of a scapegoat?

:rolleyes:

War Eagle -- let's go start another win streak!

I agree.

War Eagle!

I don't understand the comment about the announcers. They were fair. When you play as bad as our defense just played, what do you expect them to say? Speilman called every Clemson play before they ran it. It is a shame that we couldn't see the same things that he did.

This is the first time the game announcers have undressed the defense.  If announcers continue to do so the heat is going to get turned up. 

It's not the announcers undressing our defense, it's the other team's offense.  The announcers are simply calling it like it is.

I don't understand the comment about the announcers. They were fair. When you play as bad as our defense just played, what do you expect them to say? Speilman called every Clemson play before they ran it. It is a shame that we couldn't see the same things that he did.

You nailed it.  Our defense is bad. 

We are Auburn, it is very disappointing to me to see all the negative talk about our players and our coaches.  Lets get up, dust ourselves off and start over next week.  We all sound like a bunch of "bammers".

War Eagle!

We are Auburn, it is very disappointing to me to see all the negative talk about our players and our coaches.  Lets get up, dust ourselves off and start over next week.  We all sound like a bunch of "bammers".

War Eagle!

I think it's worse than the bammers.

War Eagle!

I think it's worse than the bammers.

:laugh:

I agree -- out of character for us ....

Let's go get 'em next week!

:we:

Spielman should know a little about defense. He dissected and analyzed the problems the whole game. These players are not as bad as the position that they are put in. He was questioning the thinking behind a lot of the defensive calls.

Good news is, Offense is in OK shape. A couple of bad decisions for Trotter one was critical.

Special teams are special, but the Defense played exactly like they did in Game 1. The defense regressed rather than progressed. That is worrisome.

If this D does not improve we WILL finish under 500.  There is no way you can have a defense in the SEC that only hopes that the opposing team makes a mistake every time they have the ball or they score.

I have not been on the firing coaches list, but if this D comes out looking like a high school defense again, then my opinion will change. I am sorry I love this team and expect growing pains. I would not mind if we lost and saw improvement, but this Defense was the worst I have ever seen take the field for an AU team.

It is not due to talent, it has to be due to coaching. Yes, young guys are going to make mistakes, but the inability to make tackles is fundamentals, not inexperience alone.

I bet my paycheck that 3yrs of this effort would have not been allowed wit pat dye as head coach.Period.Hopefully this will shake some people up. I know 1 thing there will b oklahoma tackling drills all week if i was coach.Run Thru The Ball Carrier! Its That Simple!!

Discussion on poor defense= bammer like meltdown

Look guys. Stop talking about that kind of stuff and let's just talk about only the good things about Auburn. At least we didn't give up 700 yards...right?

We stopped them 4 times on 3rd down conversions and our defense forced them to incomplete 12 passes!

Discussion on poor defense= bammer like meltdown

Look guys. Stop talking about that kind of stuff and let's just talk about only the good things about Auburn. At least we didn't give up 700 yards...right?

We stopped them 4 times on 3rd down conversions and our defense forced them to incomplete 12 passes!

Love it! My last comment was a bit tongue in cheek, but your response just made my day. Classy.

Archived