Similar plan to Tennessee last year

AuburnHooper

For all you calling for Trotter to be benched right now. Look how well Tyler Bray is playing for Tennessee right now. He stayed on the bench until the easier stretch of the season began. Well if Kiehl was to start this year it would have to wait until the Ole Miss game at least. He will have another month of practice and becoming familiar with the offense while not having his confidence lowered by some pretty nasty defenses we will be facing. If he started against Ole Miss he would have that game and Samford to play subpar defenses. Also, Georgia's defense isn't scaring anybody right about now. So if we do see a change at QB anytime soon that would be the game to look out for it.

I want to keep thinking Trotter will hit his stride but the selling point on him was how well he knew the offense...yet he is fixing on recievers and not making the best reads.

For all you calling for Trotter to be benched right now. Look how well Tyler Bray is playing for Tennessee right now. He stayed on the bench until the easier stretch of the season began. Well if Kiehl was to start this year it would have to wait until the Ole Miss game at least. He will have another month of practice and becoming familiar with the offense while not having his confidence lowered by some pretty nasty defenses we will be facing. If he started against Ole Miss he would have that game and Samford to play subpar defenses. Also, Georgia's defense isn't scaring anybody right about now. So if we do see a change at QB anytime soon that would be the game to look out for it.

This is exactly what has been going through my mind. Feel like we will do the same thing they did. He is gonna play. It's just a matter of when. I'm no physic or nostradamus but I refuse to believe our coaches are stupid enough to burn a redshirt on an awesome player for 3 plays a game.

I believe there is a greater chance of Kiehl starting in lieu of Trotter getting injured than there is because of coaches getting frustrated with Trotter.

Didn't FAU have a few sacks and multiple QB hurries yesterday? Just imagine the beating Trotter is going to take down the stretch if our O-line doesn't improve their protection. On top of that, it seems that Trotter likes to lower his his head and shoulders instead of sliding for extra yardage. Add on to that his injury-prone nature, and I think it's all going to eventually catch up to him.

I'm no physic or nostradamus but I refuse to believe our coaches are stupid enough to burn a redshirt on an awesome player for 3 plays a game.

They aren't, which is why KF will be the starter, just not any time soon.  Like said, Ole Miss is the most likely game where we see him get serious time.  Hopefully the line can protect Trotter enough to make it that long. 

I doubt he will see significant PT against Ole Miss.  We will likely HAVE TO win that game in order to be bowl eligible.  No way you sacrifice a win for development IMO.  Samford, I could see him getting a lot of PT there.

After what was arguably Barrett's worst game of the year last night and the difference you can see when Kiehl is in the game and the fact Kiehl is a 5* true freshman, I made the call last night that #10 will be the starting QB for the first game next year.

I could be wrong, but that's the call I'm making now.

The o-line can't make Trotter's reads for him...or tell him to tuck the ball away and run to pick up an EASY first down. His decision making ability is questionable at best and wasn't that supposed to be his strength? This young team needs a leader to step forward and it seems like he's completely balked at the chance to be that guy.

trotter was not the problem last night it was the o-line, they had trotter running for his life half the night. imo trotter has been steady up until last night. don't throw him on the bench just yet.

I disagree...the problem wiht Trotter is he can't see any wide receiver on the field except for Blake...he immediately looks for him when the ball is snapped.  The better teams will pick up on this and it will hurt.

Trotter has not been improving he seems to be getting worse. I am not sure if it's an injury or simply a slump. Either way, I still think he's our best option. Frazier will be a great one for AU. I firmly believe that. However, we put in Frazier now with things going this way and we're going to do him a bad disservice. Frazier will be great guys, but give him time. I'm not sure he'll be ready by Ole Miss either. Maybe, maybe not. He's great. Besides, I do think Gus Malzhan knows what he's doing. I will believe that regardless of the record this season.

Guest Apraser99

I'm no physic or nostradamus but I refuse to believe our coaches are stupid enough to burn a redshirt on an awesome player for 3 plays a game.

They aren't, which is why KF will be the starter, just not any time soon.  Like said, Ole Miss is the most likely game where we see him get serious time.   Hopefully the line can protect Trotter enough to make it that long. 

Boys I am telling you.....we will see another QB, probably next week if our oline is as weak as they have been. Fran Tarkenton couldn't get away from the rush our QB has been getting. I feel bad for Trotter against the defenses we will face in October.

At least give KF a series, not two plays and out. Let him see how it is and let us see how he handles it :pcprobs:

Trotter has not been improving he seems to be getting worse.

Obviously it's not solely on him, but the offense as a whole has been getting worse.  I'm sure there is some strategy that we're not privy to in terms of who's playing and play calling based on the remaining games and especially the month of Oct, but we have scored less points offensively in each game.  5 offensive TD's vs USU, 4 vs Moo St, 3 vs Clemson, 2 last night.  Are we to conclude from that the the D's we are facing are stiffer units each week?  Obviously not.  I feel like it's 09 all over again. 

Archived