Trovon Reed to return

86autiger

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks.  CGC is so stingy with info about injuries (for good reason), I was fearing the worst.  I'm glad he's not hurt but surprised he wasn't a factor offensively.

Thanks.  CGC is so stingy with info about injuries (for good reason), I was fearing the worst.   I'm glad he's not hurt but surprised he wasn't a factor offensively.

The entire sec has become this way

Sorry if this has already been discussed, but where was Trovon Reed last night? He was announced as a starter but had no impact in the game that I can recall. Is he still banged up?

I did not realize he was announced as a starter and I thought I was paying attention.  I remember Blake, Carr, and Stallworth being announced but not Reed.

He was in on the long pass play to Carr.  He was running the vertical route on the right side of Carr.

Yup, and we ran a lot of two receiver routes with Blake and Carr last night. Wisner was in on a large percentage of offensive plays for blocking, and when we needed a 3rd receiver we split Lutz out.

This is just a guess on my part but I think his shoulder most likely isn't up to blocking 60 plays a game so they went with Wisner instead. Wisner isn't a great blocker and isn't anywhere near Reed as far as getting open and catching the ball so I think this is a pretty good guess.

I disagree with the blocking part, with regards to JW.  I think he is one of, if not our best, blocking WR.

trovon had the big catch and run vs lsu and the late penalty on the play. he was very slow to get up and it got no mention. he played a few snaps after that but i dont think he touched the ball again. he should have ample time to heal for uga. if he is still in pain.

I disagree with the blocking part, with regards to JW.  I think he is one of, if not our best, blocking WR.

Let me clarify what I meant in regards to Wisner. As a wr he is a good blocker and very well may be our best but I just don't put many wr's in the great blocker category. I don't think teams respect him as a threat in the passing game and that makes running with him in the game a little tougher.

He may have been listed as the starter. I remember them showing Moseley's stats from LSU, but the picture they showed was Trotter? ESPNU has no clue what they're doing.

I saw that and was thinking what a bunch of idiots!!! 

Yes, I would put JW at #2 when it comes to stalk blocking. EB would be #1.

Yes, I would put JW at #2 when it comes to stalk blocking. EB would be #1.

^This.

A great blocking WR is very, very important in this offense for the outside runs. A year ago, the majority of Cam and OMac's big runs were due to the excellent job of our WR's. Kodi Burns comes to mind..

Archived