Like Night and Day: A sign that there will be an upset in Baton Rouge

AUenginerd

I'm stealing the following from a poster on Rivals, but I like it! 

Gametime: CBS AFTERNOON

Result: 440 Yds Rushing, and Heisman moment.

WINNER: AUBURN

Gametime: ESPN NIGHT game

Result: 5 blatant bad calls in the first 5 minutes, outmatched team gives up early

Winner: LSU

Gametime: ESPN NIGHT Game

Result: after knocking out ineffective LSU starting QB Hatch, AU gets a famous Freshman Jarret Lee Pick 6. Lee settles in, and overcomes an AU lead late, as almost the entire AU starting Defense gets injured after playing approx 50 minutes per game. Undefeated Top 10 AU goes down, and season crashes.

Result: The Legend of The Hat is born as Les eschews timeout for last second FG and runs a hastily put together 4th and 22 pass to Demetrius Byrd in the EZ as time expires.

IT WORKED?!?!?

Gametime: CBS AFTERNOON Game

Still the most brutal display I have ever witnessed on live TV. Brandon Cox is still wincing today. But Eric Brock and the AU D KOs the LSU passing game, and NFL Overall #1 Draft Pick (snicker) Jamarcus Russell doesn't even attempt throwing to the EZ with the game on the line.

Winner: AUBURN

Result: I hope John Vaughn, a great Auburn Man, at least had money on this game and cleaned up. It is the only way to explain the giant blemish on an otherwise stellar career. More missed kicks than ways to miss a kick: Wide Left, Wide Right, Blocked, Short, Goalpost.....

WINNER: LSU

Result: The only real hurdle in a dream season. In a year when they simply outclassed everybody else, it was the one game where they had to overcome, and did. Courtney Taylor on 4th and Long, then in the back of the EZ.

2003:

Result: I have pretty much blocked this one from memory. Suffice it to say, not many teams can say that they got beat down by TWO NATIONAL CHAMPS in ONE YEAR.

Gametime: DAVE TV 11:30 AM Slot (in a slight to 2 pretty good Football teams)

Result: Auburn smashes LSU, takes their manhood physically, as their DL tells our OL to "lighten up, dog" midway thru the 2nd half.

Gametime: ESPN Night Game. May have been a late afternoon game, but it was played in the dark, being an early December game(thanks to 9/11)

Result: The up and down season officially down after Black Saturday, the opportunity for a 2nd straight SECW title gets trampled like Damon Duval under the Marching Band from Tigerland.

Gametime: ESPN Late Afternoon

Result: In a shocking development, Tuberville's first team, which barely escaped Appy St and Idaho, runs the Fake FG Over the Shoulder Toss early, and absolutely runs it up mercilessly on the lethargic feaux tigahs.

Result: The Barn REALLY DID Burn, a mere 15 years before Blue Tuna said it would. John Cooley cannot complete the comeback.

Result: Pat Nix hears the whistle in the End Zone, blown not by the ref, but by someone in the crowd. The refs don't hear it, and the Terry Bowden era gets sacked for the safety, and never quite recovers.

Gametime: Jefferson Pilot or whatever Morning Slot

Result: The win streak is over, as the hapless AU offense can't move the ball at all. Luckily, the Auburn Defense is there to outscore LSU in the second half. Curley Hallman keeps throwing, and Auburn keeps scoring. A despondent LSU QB Jamie Howard attempts to take his own life after the barrage of hate mail and nasty phone messages in the aftermath. As he puts the gun to his head and pulls the trigger, the bullet is intercepted by an AU Safety and returned for yet another Auburn score...

Result: Still the most bitter loss in my lifetime, Pat Dye is content to sit on a 6-0 lead for most of the game in a quiet-as-church Tiger Stadium. String together a few 4th and long desperation throws in a late drive, and an Earthquake swallows Auburn's 1988 National Championship as the Auburn crowd is caught in a freak storm of bourbon and coke, empty bottles, and tee-tee.

Spare me the replies about the AU wins at night in 2000, 1997, and 1993. The point is LSU never wins in the day. It has happened only once in modern times: Tater Tot's final half season. A late afternoon (4PM) start, it wasn't decided til dark. The lone exception to prove my rule, the 2nd half was all LSU. LSU CAN'T BEAT AUBURN IN THE DAYLIGHT, not even if they drink Sookie Stackhouse's blood.

This is a Day Game- so be prepared for AUBURN to shock the CFB World. They will do it by winning the Turnover Battle, Winning the Special Teams Hidden Yardage Battle, and by winning at the point of attack by running inside, and stuffing LSU inside. Look for Jeff Whitaker to have a huge day vs TBob Hebert.

Winner: AUBURN (in any event, AU +22 is free money. Jump all over that.)

I agree completely! As soon as it was announced that this would be a day game my spirits were lifted about the outcome of this matchup, well that plus the first half of the LSpoo UT game last week.

I see a trend that shows us losing.

Oregon: 40-27

NW St: 49-3

Miss St: 19-6

West V: 47-21

Kentucky: 35-7

Florida: 41-11

Tennessee: 38-7

What trend is that? The only commonality between their schedule and ours is Moo State and UF. They couldn't score as much on Moo State as we did and gave up more points to UF than we did. I hope you're not saying we'll lose simply because they're undefeated. That would be an asinine statement to make.

I am not saying that its only because they are undefeated, but we can both go back and watch one of these games and know full well that this team is on another level.

I am not saying that its only because they are undefeated, but we can both go back and watch one of these games and know full well that this team is on another level.

Only defensively. Offensively they're pretty pedestrian. I don't think they'll be able to wear us out like they have other teams because of our improvement. Maybe my orange and blue glasses are a higher prescription whenever discussions concerning LSpoo are brought up as a result of living in N.O. for ten years.

but there is no reason we can't step up to theirs.  That's why they play the game.

Only defensively. Offensively they're pretty pedestrian. I don't think they'll be able to wear us out like they have other teams because of our improvement. Maybe my orange and blue glasses are a higher prescription whenever discussions concerning LSpoo are brought up as a result of living in N.O. for ten years.

Go check the SEC stats for offensive production, and you will see they are not pedestrian.  However, I do think we have some match ups in our favor, and if we win the special teams battle we have a good chance to win.  Additionally, I thought this was a great post and also felt the day game was in our favor. 

I see a trend pattern too (2,1,2,1) but it shows us winning.  ;D

Sep. 3 Utah State      *W 42-38

Sep. 10 Miss. State    *W 41-34

Sep. 17 at Clemson       L 24-38

Sep. 24 Florida Atlantic *W 30-14

Oct. 1 at South Carolina*W 16-13

Oct. 8 at Arkansas         L 14-38

Oct. 15 Florida            *W 17-6

Oct. 22 at LSU

Oct. 22 at LSU

Exactly what I was going to post.  :we:

Of course I hope AU pulls out the stunner, but if AU loses by 10 points or so, it'll make the loss a little less of a downer.

One thing is for sure tho... no media outlet will call AU "The best three loss team in the nation" like they did Bammers last year, even tho all three would be against top 10 teams   :P

What trend is that? The only commonality between their schedule and ours is Moo State and UF. They couldn't score as much on Moo State as we did and gave up more points to UF than we did. I hope you're not saying we'll lose simply because they're undefeated. That would be an asinine statement to make.

they are only undefeated because they havent played us yet!!

Oct. 22 at LSU

Are you trying to tell me that Ole Miss is going to beat us at home?

1989 was day game (CBS) and Auburn won, 10-6. 

1992 was also a day game (JP) and Auburn also won, 30-26.

Result: 5 blatant bad calls in the first 5 minutes, outmatched team gives up early

Result: after knocking out ineffective LSU starting QB Hatch, AU gets a famous Freshman Jarret Lee Pick 6. Lee settles in, and overcomes an AU lead late, as almost the entire AU starting Defense gets injured after playing approx 50 minutes per game. Undefeated Top 10 AU goes down, and season crashes.

Result: The Legend of The Hat is born as Les eschews timeout for last second FG and runs a hastily put together 4th and 22 pass to Demetrius Byrd in the EZ as time expires.

IT WORKED?!?!?

Still the most brutal display I have ever witnessed on live TV. Brandon Cox is still wincing today. But Eric Brock and the AU D KOs the LSU passing game, and NFL Overall #1 Draft Pick (snicker) Jamarcus Russell doesn't even attempt throwing to the EZ with the game on the line.

Result: I hope John Vaughn, a great Auburn Man, at least had money on this game and cleaned up. It is the only way to explain the giant blemish on an otherwise stellar career. More missed kicks than ways to miss a kick: Wide Left, Wide Right, Blocked, Short, Goalpost.....

Result: The only real hurdle in a dream season. In a year when they simply outclassed everybody else, it was the one game where they had to overcome, and did. Courtney Taylor on 4th and Long, then in the back of the EZ.

2003:

Result: I have pretty much blocked this one from memory. Suffice it to say, not many teams can say that they got beat down by TWO NATIONAL CHAMPS in ONE YEAR.

Result: Auburn smashes LSU, takes their manhood physically, as their DL tells our OL to "lighten up, dog" midway thru the 2nd half.

Gametime: ESPN Night Game. May have been a late afternoon game, but it was played in the dark, being an early December game(thanks to 9/11)

Result: The up and down season officially down after Black Saturday, the opportunity for a 2nd straight SECW title gets trampled like Damon Duval under the Marching Band from Tigerland.

Result: In a shocking development, Tuberville's first team, which barely escaped Appy St and Idaho, runs the Fake FG Over the Shoulder Toss early, and absolutely runs it up mercilessly on the lethargic feaux tigahs.

Result: The Barn REALLY DID Burn, a mere 15 years before Blue Tuna said it would. John Cooley cannot complete the comeback.

Result: Pat Nix hears the whistle in the End Zone, blown not by the ref, but by someone in the crowd. The refs don't hear it, and the Terry Bowden era gets sacked for the safety, and never quite recovers.

Result: The win streak is over, as the hapless AU offense can't move the ball at all. Luckily, the Auburn Defense is there to outscore LSU in the second half. Curley Hallman keeps throwing, and Auburn keeps scoring. A despondent LSU QB Jamie Howard attempts to take his own life after the barrage of hate mail and nasty phone messages in the aftermath. As he puts the gun to his head and pulls the trigger, the bullet is intercepted by an AU Safety and returned for yet another Auburn score...

Result: Still the most bitter loss in my lifetime, Pat Dye is content to sit on a 6-0 lead for most of the game in a quiet-as-church Tiger Stadium. String together a few 4th and long desperation throws in a late drive, and an Earthquake swallows Auburn's 1988 National Championship as the Auburn crowd is caught in a freak storm of bourbon and coke, empty bottles, and tee-tee.

Spare me the replies about the AU wins at night in 2000, 1997, and 1993. The point is LSU never wins in the day. It has happened only once in modern times: Tater Tot's final half season. A late afternoon (4PM) start, it wasn't decided til dark. The lone exception to prove my rule, the 2nd half was all LSU. LSU CAN'T BEAT AUBURN IN THE DAYLIGHT, not even if they drink Sookie Stackhouse's blood.

This is a Day Game- so be prepared for AUBURN to shock the CFB World. They will do it by winning the Turnover Battle, Winning the Special Teams Hidden Yardage Battle, and by winning at the point of attack by running inside, and stuffing LSU inside. Look for Jeff Whitaker to have a huge day vs TBob Hebert.

IT WORKED?!?!?

2003:

Result: The win streak is over, as the hapless AU offense can't move the ball at all. Luckily, the Auburn Defense is there to outscore LSU in the second half. Curley Hallman keeps throwing, and Auburn keeps scoring. A despondent LSU QB Jamie Howard attempts to take his own life after the barrage of hate mail and nasty phone messages in the aftermath. As he puts the gun to his head and pulls the trigger, the bullet is intercepted by an AU Safety and returned for yet another Auburn score...Winner: AUBURN

LOL!!!! We didn't they just run the ball?!?!? The game was over!!!

IT WORKED?!?!?

2003:

Result: Still the most bitter loss in my lifetime, Pat Dye is content to sit on a 6-0 lead for most of the game in a quiet-as-church Tiger Stadium. String together a few 4th and long desperation throws in a late drive, and an Earthquake swallows Auburn's 1988 National Championship as the Auburn crowd is caught in a freak storm of bourbon and coke, empty bottles, and tee-tee.Winner: LSU

Man....1 loss by 1 point.

And this was the best defense I've ever seen this side of Bamrs '92 D....possibly better.

lol, that was pretty funny.  you gotta admit, lsu looks nasty.

war eagle.

We'ved played some pretty good games against them over the years for sure.  And some real slobber-knockers.  It seemed like Brandon Cox would never be the same for the rest of the season after playing them when he was around.  I like our chances if we can play solid D and maybe keep it within striking distance.

Herd this stat on the radio this morning.

LSU is 4-13 during this time slot at home.

looks like a Auburn win to me, That along with the fact that they have 3 MAJOR starters suspended from this game. really doesn't hurt one bit. makes big holes for my boys  MD, OMAC, KF, and the rest of the running back crew to run though. and with a QB that looks full of confidence, instead of the look of a scared field mouse running from the lawnmower.

I'm Screaming WAR DAMN EAGLE! already. and It's only Wednesday.

I don't have much hope for this game, but I sure hope I am wrong.  This game is almost as big as the UAT game for me. My wife is from New Orleans and although she doesn't like LSU, the corndog runs deep in her family. Shocking the world would sure make Christmas a lot more pleasant.

I believe (seriously) that Clint will throw well and receivers will have a big day. Clint will hit the receivers where they will make catches.  Dyer, and OMac mixing it up, a Tre Mason KO return providing either a score, or excellent (short) field position. D is growing up in front of us, and LSWHO is just not that scary on offense especially without Ware to grind out yardage.

I say we may not roll, but we will rock!

Difference is Auburn either has gone or could go undefeated against the teams on that schedule.

I agree with this.  :wareagle:

Oct. 22 at LSU

Are you trying to tell me that Ole Miss is going to beat us at home?

Uh no,that's when the trend pattern changes.  :laugh:

Archived