Updated 12/15- Recruiting update and Numbers breakdown

Guest jthaub

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's the news with Boehm? Rumors of possible re-commitment to Mizzou.. any truth to that?

Not as of now... He did enjoy his visit very much, but hasn't committed to them. Doesn't mean it's not a possibility he could commit to them soon, but as of now, he has not.

jthaub I'm kinda oldschool and would like to go 2-3 deep on o and d line.  So I want all the talented guys we have left.

I check your work daily to keep updated.  I'm like a junkie now.  I have to have my "fix"

Thanks jthaub!

We appreciate all the hard work.

BTW I would love to have Diamond and Young. 

I have said this in the updated post on the 1st page, but Auburn plans to sign 1 more OT and 2 more OG. Could add 2nd OT if numbers allow....

Diamond, Young, Garnett, and Armstead (also DE) are our top OT prospects.

Boehm and Kozan are our top OG prospects followed by Fanaika

jthaub,  Are any of our top OT prospects also good guard prospects?  Who would be your top 3 choices to fill out the remaining OL slots available?  Thanks.

Thanks jthaub!

I have said this in the updated post on the 1st page, but Auburn plans to sign 1 more OT and 2 more OG. Could add 2nd OT if numbers allow....

jthaub,  Are any of our top OT prospects also good guard prospects?  Who would be your top 3 choices to fill out the remaining OL slots available?  Thanks.

Go to post 1 page one of this thread...

Thanks jthaub!

Garnett could play Guard. Latu could, but he is needed at OT. Young, Armstead and Diamond are all OT only.

My choice to fill out final 3 OL

1 OT - Joshua Garnett

2 OG - Boehm and Fanaika

I'm not as high on Kozan as I am on Fanaika, however, the coaches like Kozan ahead of Fanaika.

One problem with Fanaika... he is of the LDS religion and vey well could leave for his 2 year mission after a year of college. Not for sure, but possible. This is why the coaches are higher on Kozan.

Graham Shuler is still be recruited by our coaches as an OG, but I would say only 5% chance we switch him.

jthaub I'm kinda oldschool and would like to go 2-3 deep on o and d line.  So I want all the talented guys we have left.

I check your work daily to keep updated.  I'm like a junkie now.  I have to have my "fix"

of our 9 remaining spots... I could see 5-7 going to OL and DL guys.

I see that on Garnett's summery that he is listed as looking at Michigan as one of his top 3 schools.  I looked at Michigan's commitment list on Rivals, and they already have 5 OL commitments.  Given 2 of them are 3*, but I would think that they're pretty much done at that position.  Would they open a spot for him or take 6 OL?  I would find them taking 6 OL somewhat hard to believe, but what do I know?  How much do you think that will weigh into Garnett's decision, if at all?

Lets say we get either Stoops or Withers for our new DC.  What players are they currently recruiting that might make a switch to AU? I seem to remember both Trooper and Luper brought some recruits with them.

Thanks jthaub!

Garnett could play Guard. Latu could, but he is needed at OT. Young, Armstead and Diamond are all OT only.

1 OT - Joshua Garnett

2 OG - Boehm and Fanaika

I'm not as high on Kozan as I am on Fanaika, however, the coaches like Kozan ahead of Fanaika.

One problem with Fanaika... he is of the LDS religion and vey well could leave for his 2 year mission after a year of college. Not for sure, but possible. This is why the coaches are higher on Kozan.

Graham Shuler is still be recruited by our coaches as an OG, but I would say only 5% chance we switch him.

JT: Why not take Young & Garnett if we could, and have Latu be the second guard? I know we expect to get Callahan, but the current squad seems to have better depth at guard than tackle.

Lets say we get either Stoops or Withers for our new DC.  What players are they currently recruiting that might make a switch to AU? I seem to remember both Trooper and Luper brought some recruits with them.

EDDIE GOLDMAN!!!!!!!!!!

I see that on Garnett's summery that he is listed as looking at Michigan as one of his top 3 schools.  I looked at Michigan's commitment list on Rivals, and they already have 5 OL commitments.  Given 2 of them are 3*, but I would think that they're pretty much done at that position.  Would they open a spot for him or take 6 OL?  I would find them taking 6 OL somewhat hard to believe, but what do I know?  How much do you think that will weigh into Garnett's decision, if at all?

Yes, it could impact his decision some, but he has been high on Michigan for quite a while. And anyone would give Garnett a spot if he wanted it, he is that good.

Thanks jthaub!

1 OT - Joshua Garnett

2 OG - Boehm and Fanaika

JT: Why not take Young & Garnett if we could, and have Latu be the second guard? I know we expect to get Callahan, but the current squad seems to have better depth at guard than tackle.

If both wanted to commit, we would take both, but with them being late decisions, our coaches will continue to pursue more true guard prospects. Latu's experience is needed at OT this coming year. He can play guard, but he has to, and will start at OT next year.

Here is our depth chart at OT and OG

OG: Westerman, Mack, Sullen, O'Reilly, Burgess, Fariyike

OT: Robinson, Slade... That's it. We Need a OT who can step in Immediately an play (Latu)

* Coleman*

Incoming:

OT: Latu, Callahan, 1 stud hopefully

OG: 2 of Kozan, Boehm, Fanaika Hopefully we won;t have to go further than that

What year was it that Ol' Ball coach took 7 OL? Wasn't too long ago, 2010 or 2009 I think. I think RR's OL were generally smaller recruits on average. It doesn't surprise me that Hoke would want to get some guys that fit Borges' system a little better.

Jt. There are write ups on sites for all 3 of AU, UGA, and UT sites on Cordarelle Patterson saying it is too close to call but its a batte between the 3 with UT and UGA leading. Is this how you see it as well?

Jt. There are write ups on sites for all 3 of AU, UGA, and UT sites on Cordarelle Patterson saying it is too close to call but its a batte between the 3 with UT and UGA leading. Is this how you see it as well?

I don't think we are out of it. He las visited us in SEPTEMBER... a long time ago, but we made such an impact on him then, that we have stayed in his top group. I have heard so many different things on him honestly, all from people I trust. I have heard we are trailing, I have heard we are leading, I have heard it's all tied up, I have heard that it's Tennessee and the other 2 are just for excitement...

Personally, I think it is all pretty close; he does have slight favorites, but no one is sticking out way above the others. Also, If we get Diggs, we may not have a spot for Patterson bc we have bigger needs at other positions...

jth. If we do in fact get mark stoops how much do you think that helps us with Goldman and do you know if Stoops was Goldman's lead recruiter at FSU?

jth. If we do in fact get mark stoops how much do you think that helps us with Goldman and do you know if Stoops was Goldman's lead recruiter at FSU?

No he is not his lead recruiter, but obviously has played a large role in why Goldman is high on FSU.

No he is not his lead recruiter, but obviously has played a large role in why Goldman is high on FSU.

Mario Edwards has been looking around. Can we get in on that Big Stud if we get Stoops?

Mario Edwards has been looking around. Can we get in on that Big Stud if we get Stoops?

Not likely

Not likely

Did not think so. Was just covering the bases.

Archived