Beckham/Diggs WR

Armstead T

Young T

Boehm C/G

Goldman DT

Williams DE

Alexander OLB

Bush S

that would the greatest class ever at AU and we would finish team recruiting rankings #1, I do believe. Anyway to sell this as package deal to all these guys?

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That would be a great finish. I think AU will probably try to finish with 2 guards rather than 2 tackles, though they may go with someone who has the versatility to do both. Certainly if both Young and Armistead wanted to come, they wouldn't turn them away. Also, DGB seems to be out of the picture.

So I have heard that about DGB but if we finish with these other guys he would be foolish not to come to AU. Hearing Young is versatile enough to play G. Maybe I should say these guys are OL and not any certain position.

Thanks jthaub, been looking at this for a while and would love to close with

Winston QB

Beckham/Diggs WR

Armstead T

Young T

Boehm C/G

Goldman DT

Williams DE

Alexander OLB

Bush S

that would the greatest class ever at AU and we would finish team recruiting rankings #1, I do believe. Anyway to sell this as package deal to all these guys?

We have stopped recruiting DGB and Armstead.

SOOOO sorry it took so long. We had a family emergency and I had to drop everything. I apologize for the wait. And I will update this much more often with change of info when needed. Updated original post, and quite a few big moves

SOOOO sorry it took so long. We had a family emergency and I had to drop everything. I apologize for the wait. And I will update this much more often with change of info when needed. Updated original post

Hope everything turns out alright for your family.  Thanks for the work

SOOOO sorry it took so long. We had a family emergency and I had to drop everything. I apologize for the wait. And I will update this much more often with change of info when needed. Updated original post

Hope everything turns out alright for your family.  Thanks for the work

It's really  not a huge deal, just something that required immediate attention. Thank you tho.

Also I'll be here all night for questions

Unless it is recent, I read on TOS last week that we had an in-home with Armstead and they still wanted to set up a visit.

Let me rephrase. we are still recruiting AA but we only have 1 weekend to get him here because he is taking the SAT next saturday and the weekend after is the last weekend for OVs for the rest of the calendar year because a dead period starts the next Monday. Texas is fighting us for that OV on the 16th. AA will be an EE.

Unless it is recent, I read on TOS last week that we had an in-home with Armstead and they still wanted to set up a visit.

Let me rephrase. we are still recruiting AA but we only have 1 weekend to get him here because he is taking the SAT next saturday and the weekend after is the last weekend for OVs for the rest of the calendar year because a dead period starts the next Monday. Texas is fighting us for that OV on the 16th. AA will be an EE.

Ellitor is correct, but there is a very, and I mean VERY small possibility he doesn't enroll early. That would open up later visit dates. But more than likely, if he visits the 16th, we have chance... if not, then move on

Jthaub,

If you had to pick one, who do we have the best shot at?  

DGB

Winston

Goldman

Diggs

In order...

Diggs

Winston

Goldman

DGB

Ellitor is correct, but there is a very, and I mean VERY small possibility he doesn't enroll early. That would open up later visit dates. But more than likely, if he visits the 16th, we have chance... if not, then move on

Jthaub,

DGB

Winston

Goldman

Diggs

In order...

Diggs

Winston

Goldman

DGB

Add a % to each and I'll give you a cookie.  ;)

Jthaub,

DGB

Winston

Goldman

Diggs

In order...

Diggs

Winston

Goldman

DGB

Add a % to each and I'll give you a cookie.   ;)

haha. sorry. to keep this update unique, i have agreed to not give %

Ok. Her's one for ya jthaub. Are you confident we still get Williams if Florida misses on their #1 DE prospect in Jonathan Bullard?

Ok. Her's one for ya jthaub. Are you confident we still get Williams if Florida misses on their #1 DE prospect in Jonathan Bullard?

Good question...

As of right now, yes I do. They will turn up the heat, but so will we. He just has the "it" feeling about Auburn

Jthaub if we miss on diggs and tenn picks up Patterson is croom an automatic flip?  Or is the other juco guy you had listed before still in the picture?

Jthaub if we miss on diggs and tenn picks up Patterson is croom an automatic flip?  Or is the other juco guy you had listed before still in the picture?

Croom is in no way an automatic flip. We would just pursue him harder and push that Tennessee has alot of WR's signing with them and coming back. We are no-where close to flipping Croom, but have picked up our recruitment of him.

Quantavious Leslie is the JUCO guy I had listed, but from talking to people, he is not a priority as a back-up plan. We would look toward another position for that spot in this class

jthaub, do you know if the coaches have any interest in Prattville ATH Jaylen Whitlow?? I read on Auburn Undercover a few weeks back that he was getting a serious look from AU and other SEC schools. I've seen the kid in person and he is a legit 6'2" 200 lbs with 4.4 speed. Phenomonal athlete. I think he has been underrated somewhat because he plays alongside Alabama commit Justin Thomas. I think he could play S or WR at this level.

Could he be a backup plan on NSD if some others fall through?? We obviously could steal him from Southern Miss.

jthaub, do you know if the coaches have any interest in Prattville ATH Jaylen Whitlow?? I read on Auburn Undercover a few weeks back that he was getting a serious look from AU and other SEC schools. I've seen the kid in person and he is a legit 6'2" 200 lbs with 4.4 speed. Phenomonal athlete. I think he has been underrated somewhat because he plays alongside Alabama commit Justin Thomas. I think he could play S or WR at this level.

Could he be a backup plan on NSD if some others fall through?? We obviously could steal him from Southern Miss.

Yes, there is interest there, but Auburn would have to miss on alot of guys for him to get his offer. And I agree, he is underrated, IMO could be a very good Safety

jthaub, is there a chance of us either getting a huge uncommitted recruit you haven't listed,  or flipping someone you haven't mentioned?  I'm thinking of something similar to last year where we almost flipped Calloway and got in on Cyrus K late in the game. No need to list specific names, I'm just wondering if there could be some "earth shattering" news which could happen. 

jthaub, is there a chance of us either getting a huge uncommitted recruit you haven't listed,  or flipping someone you haven't mentioned?  I'm thinking of something similar to last year where we almost flipped Calloway and got in on Cyrus K late in the game. No need to list specific names, I'm just wondering if there could be some "earth shattering" news which could happen. 

Right now, that doesn't appear to be the case, Which actually speaks more to the job this staff has done. They have been in on so many top prospects, that there aren't many names who haven't been on our board at some point.

Thanks heaps for the update. I love this thread. I also love that you DO NOT use percentages. there is absolutely no way to tell. Last year I got caught up in those percentages. There simply too many moving parts for that to be accurate. Anyway. Thanks

Thanks heaps for the update. I love this thread. I also love that you DO NOT use percentages. there is absolutely no way to tell. Last year I got caught up in those percentages. There simply too many moving parts for that to be accurate. Anyway. Thanks

Well ST's % were accurate at the moment given. ST loves AU but he is not a sunshine pumper. He straight up gives it to you.

Luper is visiting TJ this morning. Since the Al-MS all-star game is this week, Coach Chizik will visit next week. As I've said all along, Auburn feels very good about their position

Archived