Updated 12/15- Recruiting update and Numbers breakdown

Guest jthaub

I just talked to TJ. He IS enrolling early at AUBURN. He said he didn't take calls yesterday because he wanted a night off. He said he just got off the phone with Justin from Rivals, and had other people calling him all day (Bama and Auburn writers). I got lucky to catch him when I did. He enjoyed his visit, but went mainly to hang out with other recruits and get away, this was probably his last weekend to do so

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just talked to TJ. He IS enrolling early at AUBURN. He said he didn't take calls yesterday because he wanted a night off. He said he just got off the phone with Justin from Rivals, and had other people calling him all day (Bama and Auburn writers). I got lucky to catch him when I did. He enjoyed his visit, but went mainly to hang out with other recruits and get away, this was probably his last weekend to do so

Nice work bro - thx for the update.

I told you so Bird.

Any new news on Winston jthaub? Thanks for the updates!

Nothing that new. He is still very interested in Auburn and Alabama, but remains committed to Florida State. If we get a visit, which I believe we will, our chances will greatly increase. But as of now, Auburn isn't very close to a flip. Again, that could easily change with a visit..

As of now, it doesn't look like Auburn will lose any commitments because of the loss of Ted Roof. I haven't contacted everyone, but most I have talked to said they were shocked, but came to Auburn because of Auburn, not because of a specific coach.

*This includes 2013 LB Trey Johnson. Johnson remains committed and will watch as to who Auburn hires, but from his tone, I don't think he is really considering switching.

As of now, it doesn't look like Auburn will lose any commitments because of the loss of Ted Roof. I haven't contacted everyone, but most I have talked to said they were shocked, but came to Auburn because of Auburn, not because of a specific coach.

*This includes 2013 LB Trey Johnson. Johnson remains committed and will watch as to who Auburn hires, but from his tone, I don't think he is really considering switching.

Sounds great.  Thanks for the update!

I have heard from all of the defensive recruits...

2 commits, 3 including 2013 Trey Johnson, are still committed, but admitted that a hire with a scheme that they don't feel they fit into could impact their decision.

The other 5 said they are surprised Roof left, but understand that this is part of the business. They remain 100% committed to Auburn.

Of those 3 other guys, It's hard to believe that a slight change in scheme will drastically change how they fit in our defense.

I believe Auburn will keep all of their Defensive commitments.

I 'll be happy with who ever is the new DC, but Stoops could possibly bring home Goldman, flip Shanks if needed and possibly Mario Edwards. But I doubt if will happen.

Not even sure we are recruiting Shanks.

I 'll be happy with who ever is the new DC, but Stoops could possibly bring home Goldman, flip Shanks if needed and possibly Mario Edwards. But I doubt if will happen.

Not even sure we are recruiting Shanks.

I heard he had a bad showing at Auburn's and uat's camps and both backed off.

thanks jthaub for info, you are the man! Thanks also ellitor, and hateBammers. Knew we had slowed down on Shanks didn't know we had stopped. Stoops should have the inside track on Goldman, however I know we shouldn't hire him only because of recruiting.

After Roof's departure for UCF job, Francis Kallon (GT commit) was recruited by Ted Roof. for Class of 2013 - Trey Johnson (AU commit) and Henry Poggi (DT 4* AU interest.

Archived