Updated 12/15- Recruiting update and Numbers breakdown

Guest jthaub

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

jt, Could you just do a quick synopsis of the four color changes-who they are and their previous and current color? I don't have a good enough memory to remember the status changes.  Thanks again!

Sure...

WR Jason Croom - Yellow to red

Auburn will not pursue

OG Brandon Fanaika - yellow to red

He will more than likely choose Stanford

OG Evan Boehm - green to yellow

Boehm was close to choosing Auburn, but now Missouri is right there in it after a visit

DT Leonard Williams - green to yellow

It's just because Florida is really turning up the heat here, and he will visit them again in January. Coupled with the fact that I haven't heard anything new on him in a while from my people.

Heard a rumor that (UAT commit) Eddie Williams is possibly looking around.  Supposedly if he decides to, he'd be interested in UF, FSU and AU.  It could very well be just that, a rumor.  Don't know.

JThaub-Thnx for update. You originally had DL President predicted to be a RS with five others in this Class. Now that he has gained weight & was unblockable in all-star practice, do u think he may play in 2012? Would kwons injury cause him to also RS?? Thnx

JThaub-Thnx for update. You originally had DL President predicted to be a RS with five others in this Class. Now that he has gained weight & was unblockable in all-star practice, do u think he may play in 2012? Would kwons injury cause him to also RS?? Thnx

Great to hear that G President had a good showing at the all star game. He's one of the lower rated prospects. I'd love to see him blow up and prove, yet again, the individual rankings wrong.

Any other news or links about our prospects/commits from all star games?

Thanks, JTH, for the update. Fantastic. 

My Christmas list to finish class - (Yes, I know I have too many in list)

QB - Jameis Winston

WR - Stephon Diggs

OL - Boehm, Garnett, Young

OL/DL - Arik Armstead

DL - Channing Ward, Eddie Goldman

LB - Kwon Alexander

DB - Ronald Darby and/or Deon Bush

Seems strange this late in the game to have 9 open spots and only 3 recruits to "feel good about".

Better to see yellow names than red names though.

Seems strange this late in the game to have 9 open spots and only 3 recruits to "feel good about".

I agree.. we need to get both coordinators on board quickly so they can get on the recruiting trail and finish strong!

I agree.. we need to get both coordinators on board quickly so they can get on the recruiting trail and finish strong!

Exactly! The longer we go without these HUGE spots filled, the more it could hurt us. I want to hurry up and pull this coaching staff together so that I can have an idea of what to expect on my team. Pretty sure the recruits feel the same way.

There's always a plan with this staff though... Like last year, Marcus Roberson was a commit and then whatever happened happened and AU and MR parted ways. Seems like THE next day Jermaine Whithead switched from Ole Miss to AU... Turned out pretty well IMO. I think we'll be alright regardless. We already have, what, 1 5* and 10 4*s? Plus 3* like President and Hutch who could very well prove the rankings wrong (again).

Exactly! The longer we go without these HUGE spots filled, the more it could hurt us. I want to hurry up and pull this coaching staff together so that I can have an idea of what to expect on my team. Pretty sure the recruits feel the same way.

We are not on a time crunch. The dead period starts Monday and lasts until January 3rd.

We are not on a time crunch. The dead period starts Monday and lasts until January 3rd.

That's why, in my opinion, it would be advantageous to have had at least one coordinator before the dead period. It's not like recruits won't assess and reassess their choices during the dead period. They could use the dead period to do some research on the new coach(es) and not feel clueless come January.

We'll be fine regardless. I'm just sick of waiting while everyone who thinks they know something actually doesn't know anything.

That's why, in my opinion, it would be advantageous to have had at least one coordinator before the dead period. It's not like recruits won't assess and reassess their choices during the dead period. They could use the dead period to do some research on the new coach(es) and not feel clueless come January.

We'll be fine regardless. I'm just sick of waiting while everyone who thinks they know something actually doesn't know anything.

Ever think that we WANT to make the announcements during the "dead period" to keep our name in the news.  The dead period starts...most teams only get their names on tv for their bowl game.

There is NO college football this year on New Year's Day...we are the premier game on NYE, so we'd have the most publicity on New Year's Day if we were to win (and that's a popular football watching day).  Then we'd also have a couple days PER coordinator of tv time (usually the day of and the day after the hire).

I would love to see the hires during the dead period personally...

Does TJ get an opportunity to reverse the flip flop if a new OC comes on board or has the ship sailed?

:believe:

The thing is.......bama doesn't have an OC either.

Yeah but bama isn't changing their one-back philosophy. Who knows what and who we are getting. Chizik needs to hurry up and hire replacements. I know a lot of people like taking time to hire coordinators, but Yeldon will not be the last to decommitt without a full staff.

Archived